Speculation: Roster Building Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
So according to that Garrioch article in the previous thread St. Louis is interested in acquiring Matthew Tkachuk? First time I've heard that rumors.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So according to that Garrioch article in the previous thread St. Louis is interested in acquiring Matthew Tkachuk? First time I've heard that rumors.
Rutherford mentioned it in his article the other day too. His Tarasenko for Tkachuk proposal was terrible, but I definitely can see them making a huge push for him next year.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I don't think he takes that deal when he can hit the open market in 10 days or so. I'm not advocating for a huge over-payment, but I think $3-3.25 for 6 years is more realistic.

As if people didn't need more reason to hate Carp, from his latest article:

"It will likely take five years at $4.5 million per, and that might be on the light side, to persuade Goodrow to sign before reaching the open market."

Sounds crazy.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d do that in a minute.

Where did this rumor come from?
Seeing it on Twitter. Lots of smoke about Buchnevich in general, of course no real sources. I’d also take that and run

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
So…I just caught up on the last thread and my first thought was I just finished a very nice calzone for dinner. So I’m up to speed in that area.

Buchnevich for Horvat would be a great trade. It also feels unrealistic. The truth is probably Buchnevich for Boeser which is nothing but a my guy for your guy change of scenery trade. No point in that. If Horvat is available, I’m chasing Vancouver down the street to make a deal.

From all the rumors floating around, it appears there will be an NBA like movement of players in the next week. Good for hockey and potentially very good for the Rangers if Drury plays his cards right.

I assume the Rangers protected Goodrow (they would be batshit crazy not to) and I expect he will sign by next weekend. They knew exactly what they were getting into. I assume Tampa has a deal in place with Seattle because if they didn’t, Seattle could negotiate with guys like Blake Coleman, make him their pick and deal him anywhere in the league.

Today was fun. A mini trade deadline. Can’t wait to see the lists tomorrow.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So…I just caught up on the last thread and my first thought was I just finished a very nice calzone for dinner. So I’m up to speed in that area.

Buchnevich for Horvat would be a great trade. It also feels unrealistic. The truth is probably Buchnevich for Boeser which is nothing but a my guy for your guy change of scenery trade. No point in that. If Horvat is available, I’m chasing Vancouver down the street to make a deal.

From all the rumors floating around, it appears there will be an NBA like movement of players in the next week. Good for hockey and potentially very good for the Rangers if Drury plays his cards right.

I assume the Rangers protected Goodrow (they would be batshit crazy not to) and I expect he will sign by next weekend. They knew exactly what they were getting into. I assume Tampa has a deal in place with Seattle because if they didn’t, Seattle could negotiate with guys like Blake Coleman, make him their pick and deal him anywhere in the league.

With all that Tampa will have available to them, really can't see Seattle their pick on a UFA like Coleman.

Reactions: bbny

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Nucks thread had a chuckle about the rumor monger's Buch/Horvat trade but seem to see a lot of value in Buch. A higher quality player but Horvat is the Captain etc. so

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Isn’t it possible Rangers have already found out what Goodrow would want when Drury was talking with TB for his rights?

I mean obviously bc they’re apparently close to a deal lol

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Do they even have to? He's a pending UFA and not under contract for next year yet.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
are we allowed to sign goodrow during the freeze? or do we have to wait until after the expansion draft?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
are we allowed to sign goodrow during the freeze? or do we have to wait until after the expansion draft?
I think they could, but unless they protected Goodrow it wouldn’t make any sense to announce it before Wednesday, because then Seattle could claim a player under contract.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Buchnevich ++ for Horvat would be f***ing fine with me. Goddam would that change the shape of things here. Buch + Jones + 2nd or whatever it takes.

Laf - Zib - KK
Bread - Bo - Krav
Kreid - Goodrow - Chytil
Barron - Rooney - Blackwell

Do something like Strome for Hartman + 2nd and plug Hartman in for Blackwell who is likely gone in ED. BIG facelift for the type of roster we have.

Reactions: leetch99 and bobbop

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Buchnevich ++ for Horvat would be f***ing fine with me. Goddam would that change the shape of things here. Buch + Jones + 2nd or whatever it takes.

Laf - Zib - KK
Bread - Bo - Krav
Kreid - Goodrow - Chytil
Barron - Rooney - Blackwell

Do something like Strome for Hartman + 2nd and plug Hartman in for Blackwell who is likely gone in ED. BIG facelift for the type of roster we have.
Buchnevich is way better than Horvat at every aspect of hockey

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Do they even have to? He's a pending UFA and not under contract for next year yet.
Yes and here’s why. Let’s say I’m Boston and I really want Goodrow. I go to Seattle and say let’s do a sign and trade. I’ll give you a better player than you are going to pick otherwise from the Rangers (an admittedly low bar) and I’ll throw in a draft choice or two. I’ve then got three days to try and cut a deal with the player. He becomes your pick from the Rangers and we trade afterwards.

I’m afraid someone could do this to the Rangers. Conversely, if I am the Rangers, I’m looking around the league and wondering who I could do this to.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Buchnevich is way better than Horvat at every aspect of hockey

Except at being a 6ft 215 center who is 53% in the dot and has 119 more points at the same age. Horvat averages 51 points per 82. Buch averages 53. They’re both about .9 hits per game, except Bo is significantly stronger/heavier. Bo is a better net front presence.

It also comes down to position of need. Bo is a perfect 2C for us. Buch is crowded out simply because we can’t afford to invest so much on the wings. Horvat has 2 more years at 5.5. We’d be lucky to get Buch signed for 6.

Fun trivia, Horvat and Buchnevich are 12 days apart in age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad