Speculation: Roster Building Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
As the 13th forward, he certainly does.
They can always bring up a fighter from Hartford if need be for the games against Wilson etc. I don’t think Reaves is a must, but it wouldn’t be the worst idea. I would think he wants to play everyday still, but he wouldn’t on this roster.
I think with the addition of Goodrow, Barron being an everyday guy, and a tough 5-6 we are going to sign/trade for we are pretty much done in the Grit category.
What’s going to be interesting is what the final top 12 forward spots are going to look like. We have too many guys as it stands now.
No idea if Barron is a 3 line player? Or a 4 line guy? Is Rooney still a 4C? I think if Blackwell is still here, he’s the spare fwd. but I don’t think they are even sure what the bottom 6 looks like.
The only thing right now we can say for sure is that Kreider, Goodrow, and Barron will have 3 spots. Chytil if he’s still here will prob be 3C?
We are still 1-2 trades away from looking like a finished product IMO.
If Larkin talks die, and Eichel talks die, I circle back for Dvorak and Crouse to get them out of that dumpster fire in ARI.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gourde and Goodrow would be great starts to the offseason, specifically the bottom 6.

I would then look at Larkin/Lindholm/Hertl for 2C.

Ship Buch/Strome out for one of the above and assets. Maybe you can send Buch to LAK for one of their young centers. The Rangers will need that insurance in case they move on from Zibanejad. Can never have enough centers.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I would experiment with Lafraniere pre season at RW if we dont still have Buchnevich. Kreider could then still play in the top six (since he's getting 6.5M) Actually Gallant has mentioned this idea of putting Lafraniere with Panarin

Panarin-Zibanejad-Lafraniere could be damn good
Kreider- 2C - Kakko
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov

One of these LWs being able to play RW (Laf, Kreider) would off set the loss of Buchnevich more so than I think Kravtsov would right away.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I know everyone loves a good rebuild, but It’s important for new franchises to be competitive out of the gate. They need to build a fan base and get the games packed to develop a culture.

I highly doubt Seattle gets a bunch of good players and starts dumping them for picks. There’s a history of franchises being so awful to start for years just never being able to get the fans going.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lafreniere-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Larkin-Kravtsov
Kreider-Gourde-Coleman
Barron-Goodrow-Gauthier
Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Suter-Lundkvist

Igor
Hank

WAR

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lafreniere-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Larkin-Kravtsov
Kreider-Gourde-Coleman
Barron-Goodrow-Gauthier
Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Suter-Lundkvist

Igor
Hank

WAR

We trying to steal TB's whole 3rd line lol.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Damn right we are.

All that can fit under the cap. Especially if they can get TB/SEA to retain a little on Gourde.

If Coleman, prices himself out I look at Foligno. If Foligno wants CBJ/TOR then you can bump Goodrow to 3RW and look at Bonino/Stepan/etc as a 4C.

If Gourde doesnt happen, they could look at Krejci for 3C and fill in beyond him.

The Rangers are actually in a great position with the flat cap due to the accumulation of young talent on cheap ELCs. They can fill out the roster with quality depth at a good price.

Reactions: LaffyTaffyNYR

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Lafreniere-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Larkin-Kravtsov
Kreider-Gourde-Coleman
Barron-Goodrow-Gauthier
Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Suter-Lundkvist

Igor
Hank

WAR

I like it. I'm assuming Chytil was moved for Larkin since Lundkvist and Kravtsov are both there still?

Only tweak I'd make would be that Gauthiers game isn't made for the 4th line. I'd rather a Bellmere or Nosek there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t think that’s the worst idea.

I think getting all three and not playing them together would be kind of silly though. Cole name is still one of the only FA that I want, but still think he winds up in Dallas.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like it. I'm assuming Chytil was moved for Larkin since Lundkvist and Kravtsov are both there still?

Only tweak I'd make would be that Gauthiers game isn't made for the 4th line. I'd rather a Bellmere or Nosek there.
I think Gauthier can be effective on the 4th line if just given a chance. And I also think that when you have a quality 4th line like that it will get more minutes because Gallant will roll it more than Quinn did.

And correct I have Chytil in the package for Larkin. I know the preference we heard is Lundkvist/Kravtsov, but I would look to keep those two over Chytil. Lindholm is a great option if Calgary was ever willing to make that deal.

Reactions: UAGoalieGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad