Speculation: Roster Building Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If you had to package buch w zac jones to get lundell would you do it?

This isn't an argument about that it shouldn't cost that much and buch is worth x, it is just a yes or no if you do the 2 for 1
Yeah I definitely would. Jones is promising but more likely than not we don’t have a roster spot for him. We need a young high end center more than anything

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

This isn't an argument about that it shouldn't cost that much and buch is worth x, it is just a yes or no if you do the 2 for 1
Yes

Florida doesn't take it though

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

Florida should be adding honestly. They would have to for salary. But this is the NHL, prospects aren't more valuable than 1st liners. Accari, Verhaege, or Lomberg. We send back a prospect from our glut. Pajuneimi or Jones.

We get a little bit of an echo chamber here. Skewed towards prospects. Florida does this if they think this is their window. Lundell hurts but we've been on the other side enough to know teams value windows more than the contents of the cupboard.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Just saying, this Goodrow signing we’re about to make is the move that dumb teams make.

You need to look for the next Goodrow. Not exactly Goodrow right now. Signing a warrior type to a retirement contract AFTER he won back to back cups is a rookie move thinking he’ll be the same for us. His body is broken down, and he’s already won his cups. He has nothing left to work for the same way he did for Tampa these past two runs. And not to mention he only had like 12 points in those 40 games with Tampa through their run while also averaging a penalty minute per game.

Someone like Zach Aston-Reese wouldve have been a better and cheaper target. I wanted Goodrow but I didn’t expect he’d be getting anywhere close to 4x6, thought it would be like 4 years 2.8 million which is a fair contract for him
Another legit question is, does he lose his edge? He will nearly match his career earnings in his first season of the contract. Human nature takes place and you may 'relax' a bit. Is he disciplined enough to stay on course? or is he a 6 year Brendan Smith?

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.... Cup winning teams DO NOT overpay for bottom6 UFAs.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm honestly wondering if Drury already has a big move lined up for a center (who I have no idea?) because he's publicly teasing Buchnevich is gonna be gone and Strome's name is "out there"

Yeah, and I really hope it’s Gourde. Really hope for that. Would be exactly what we needs.

There isn’t much I wouldn’t give up for Gourde in a trade with Seattle.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
SO much this.

I hope I am wrong.
So would you be willing to trade a 1st round pick for that player the way Tampa had to for two of them?

And I also think the org wants a guy that IS that player now to help add the side of a team game that is missing now so the young kids see it more. They have added some young guys hoping they will grow into that type of player and to this point it hasn't happened

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Pavel Buchnevich is a 200 foot player. Gerard Gallant is a coach who wants to field a team with 18, 200 foot skaters.
Chris Drury is the G.M. Who hired Gerard Gallant to coach the Rangers and agrees with his strategy.
I’m guessing we will keep Buchnevich.
I pray that you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: