Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2021 Offseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Is there a way to vote - IP ban on HF? Let’s say if there were posters who added nothing to our boards and were only here for trolling, and a majority of the members of the ranger board didn’t want them here anymore?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Is there a way to vote - IP ban on HF? Let’s say if there were posters who added nothing to our boards and were only here for trolling, and a majority of the members of the ranger board didn’t want them here anymore?
IP bans aren't actually that effective nowadays :dunno:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
No one, not 1 person on here ever thought there would be a snowballs chance in hell that LaF would fall into our laps. Kreider at the time was playing the best, most motivated hockey I have ever seen him play.

A player motivated during a contract year is no shocker. Did anybody think Kreider was going to be unmotivated during a contract year?

Will Zibby and Buch be motivated? I’m sure but one of the two has to go imo b/c Kreider was resigned. You cannot resign everybody. I felt Kreider was the one to go. Zibby has to come back imo.

Last edited:

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
No one, not 1 person on here ever thought there would be a snowballs chance in hell that LaF would fall into our laps. Kreider at the time was playing the best, most motivated hockey I have ever seen him play. Even though his point totals were largely the same, he was having a tremendous impact on the overall game breakaways net front presence , chemistry with Zibby, you name It.

a first and Robertson would have been nice, especially with how robertson looks now. But fact of the matter was, we thought our string of luck had stopped with Kakko. LaF wasn’t even a fairy tale at that point. And we would have been going into the following season with panarin and what on the left side???? Hindsight is 20/20
Let’s not make up our own revisionist history. We had a young team without any real leaders. Kreids leaving would have been losing another vet in the room while still playing at a high level. Obviously now with him destined for 3rd line duty it looks like a colossal mistake, put at that time pre-covid. Pre-LaF you mind as well flip a coin
I would love nothing more than for this irreversible decision to fade away on here. But I have to get my two cents in when it comes to the Lafreniere issue.

Kreider should have gone at that deadline because: it was him or Buchnevich. Kravtsov could play either wing, with Buch and Kakko on the right Kravtsov on the left was a good option. Left wing is the easiest spot to fill on the market if we needed a transition piece. You shouldn't sign players based on contract year performance and emotion.

There was a contingent that held firm through the trade and the aftermath. Before covid or Lafreniere. It's over, we all need to move on. The people that opposed the deal need to stop rubbing it in. But the people that wanted to keep Kreider need to stop dismissing the logic and implying its a broken clock situation.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Kreider should have gone at that deadline because: it was him or Buchnevich.

The people that opposed the deal need to stop rubbing it in. But the people that wanted to keep Kreider need to stop dismissing the logic and implying its a broken clock situation.

I think there is a split who think this way. I too believe it was Kreider or Buch. I don’t think others see it this way. The cap is what it is. Funny, some wanted to keep Zuccarello, begged to resign Hank, keep Kreider and likely Buch. How?

lol, of course we have a handful who would trade all of the above for Lundell :heart:

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
No one, not 1 person on here ever thought there would be a snowballs chance in hell that LaF would fall into our laps. Kreider at the time was playing the best, most motivated hockey I have ever seen him play. Even though his point totals were largely the same, he was having a tremendous impact on the overall game breakaways net front presence , chemistry with Zibby, you name It.

a first and Robertson would have been nice, especially with how robertson looks now. But fact of the matter was, we thought our string of luck had stopped with Kakko. LaF wasn’t even a fairy tale at that point. And we would have been going into the following season with panarin and what on the left side???? Hindsight is 20/20
Let’s not make up our own revisionist history. We had a young team without any real leaders. Kreids leaving would have been losing another vet in the room while still playing at a high level. Obviously now with him destined for 3rd line duty it looks like a colossal mistake, put at that time pre-covid. Pre-LaF you mind as well flip a coin

100%. CK was playing his best during this time--I have a sneaky suspicion that management wanted Kreider signed long term and wanted to make him captain of the team.

Most have thought all long Zibs/Kreider or Trouba would get the C.

A--I don't believe Zibs wanted to be captain--and then to add last season starting out poorly didn't help.

B--Kreider hit another one of his scoring slumps.

C--The incident with TDA--Trouba stepping in as some of mentioned ( We only know so much ) had a big effect on the team and management saw this.

Hence no C last season.

It really wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Trouba name captain during training camp.

Oh course now that we know what happened and what was proposed Robertson and thee 1st was most likely the better move. Can't look back only move forward.

I for one would love Larkin--hell who evens knows maybe he can come in and get Kreider to where we all wish he could go--talent/speed all still there.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not for nothing kreider did exactly what he is paid to do last season too.

no one thought we’d get the first overall pick so let’s be realistic here

what management did do IMO was choose kreider over Buchnevich and I still think that’s the right decision when you look at building a team with different kinds of players that do different things for you

Reactions: BobSantos

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I dont know what is more crazy. Some of the posters in this thread going after Edge and Bobbop or that the Rangers could have had Robertson, a #1 plus one other piece for Kreider.

Granted no one could have predicted how good Robertson was last season.
I secretly wanted, and still do, Bobby Orr.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
100%. CK was playing his best during this time--I have a sneaky suspicion that management wanted Kreider signed long term and wanted to make him captain of the team.

Most have thought all long Zibs/Kreider or Trouba would get the C.

A--I don't believe Zibs wanted to be captain--and then to add last season starting out poorly didn't help.

B--Kreider hit another one of his scoring slumps.

C--The incident with TDA--Trouba stepping in as some of mentioned ( We only know so much ) had a big effect on the team and management saw this.

Hence no C last season.

It really wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Trouba name captain during training camp.

Oh course now that we know what happened and what was proposed Robertson and thee 1st was most likely the better move. Can't look back only move forward.

I for one would love Larkin--hell who evens knows maybe he can come in and get Kreider to where we all wish he could go--talent/speed all still there.
In regards to Kreider, a lack of scoring is inversely proportional to an increase in snoring. Everyone sees his and his ability to score. The problem is mental with him. I typically don’t equate captain material as someone who’s only plugged in part time. A captain is hopefully someone who sets a great example and sets the tone/energy for the guys. Now there’s a hope that gallant can light a fire up his ass and get him to play like a full time player. If he shows up for 60 games instead of his typical 20-40, that contract will age much better.

Reactions: howztheglass

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
In regards to Kreider, a lack of scoring is inversely proportional to an increase in snoring. Everyone sees his and his ability to score. The problem is mental with.

disagree and this is what many fans feared. It’s physical. The guy is a power forward and you cannot play his style 80 plus games per year when you’re knocking on age 30 plus. There are so many similar players with his trajectory.

It would be different imo, if he was a power forward a laser shot. He doesn’t have that.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Next for them is Ekholm. Need to protect other defenders. Josi, Ellis, and Fabbro.

You could probably get Johansen from them fairly cheap, but that salary is too much. I guess they could visit that if Eichel and Larkin aren't happening, but I wouldn't be giving up much of anything for him.

Don't think I'd really be interested in other players on their roster that have been there for a while.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
disagree and this is what many fans feared. It’s physical. The guy is a power forward and you cannot play his style 80 plus games per year when you’re knocking on age 30 plus. There are so many similar players with his trajectory.

It would be different imo, if he was a power forward a laser shot. He doesn’t have that.
Yeah but he’s a power forward without the physicality. He’s scared to hit people because he’s penalized every time he does lay on the body. He could still be engaged mentally and do the little things more often. He’s part timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille