Speculation: Roster Building Thread VI (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I would spread the scoring a bit and try to get Strome scoring a little so we can ship him out.

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Kakko

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Random thought...Rangers need a 2C and may or may not have that player in the organization today.

Edmonton needs to get more young talent in their organization and move salary out. They also face a future where they have one too many top 6 centers.

Consider the possibility of a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins trade where the Rangers get a bona fide 2C and Edmonton gets a) a young Ranger forward, b) a young Ranger defenseman and a current roster player with a salary (Namestnikov?) to balance out the deal. (I’m not naming any players, I’ll leave that to your imagination) The Rangers get a reasonably young player (26) controlled through next year (and plenty of time to sign to an extension) and a player I think would thrive outside of Edmonton.

I’d love to see if the Rangers could trade from their excess and fill what I see as a real need with a player I believe has a lot of career in front of them.

Isn't our #2C is now a #4C in Hartford? Wolfpack looks like is filled 90% with AHL vets.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Mika Zibanejead will make the NHL All-Star game this year. How did Mika Zibanejead not make the All-Star last year????? He got snubbed last year in my opinion

Reactions: egelband

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I would spread the scoring a bit and try to get Strome scoring a little so we can ship him out.

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Kakko

You don’t break up Zbad and Panarin, imo.

These guys barely even know eachother and look at what chemistry they have. Let that build. For years.

I’ve always liked the idea of spreading your offense around, but I also realize guys like Kakko, Kravtsov and Chytil will step up and provide offense on the second line.

Don’t break up Panarin + Zbad. They’ve been dominant. Secondary scoring will come.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If Bern has his way, we’d be 0-2 right now and Zbad would have 2 points playing RW for the 1st time in his career with Boo as our 1C.

Yippy.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Nice to see Neal Pionk get off to a good start in Winnipeg. Played 27 minutes against NJ. 3 pts in 2 games. Winnipeg fans loves him.

I wouldn’t underestimate the impact this has on Gorton’s ability to make deals in the future. I think Talbot’s impact in EDM helped our ability to move Raanta, and so forth. It’s a copy cat league, if a few teams can get good players from a team others will do the same. And sometimes it’s other way around, teams are able to shelter certain players and then most tend to suck after they have been traded, it has an impact eventually.
Totally agree. I never understand the desire to "fleece" another team. Trades are great when a square peg gets moved to a team where there's a square hole open. It's just a better "big picture".

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Totally agree. I never understand the desire to "fleece" another team. Trades are great when a square peg gets moved to a team where there's a square hole open. It's just a better "big picture".

Most GMs will tell you that they want a deal to work out for both teams, because it opens the door for doing business again in the future.

Now obviously every GM hopes a deal helps them most, but they also recognize that their ability to make moves is only as possible as what’s available to them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Skjei, Staal, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren this season. Then Miller and Reunanen (and maybe Robertson) who’d need a chance or a permanent spot in the lineup. Why would you bring another LHD?
Because they can upgrade there. Besides Miller, none of those guys should be untouchable; no one has shown top pair potential either. Also besides Staal that is a ton of youth. I don’t think Skjei has shown he is going to be the leader back there either.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Maybe the coffe has kicked in but here's a crazy thought.

What about trying Names at center on the second line with Kappa and CK--I know it's not ideal but Names had his best years playing with Stamkos and I believe Kuchervo. Yeah 2 great players but maybe that's what he needs to light a fire under his you know what.

On the plus side he works out great puts up points even better also if needed builds his trade value for the deadline.

He doesn't work out back to the 4th line. As of now really doesn't have any value to lose so that's not an issue.

Worth the risk seeing how Howden is not a 2nd line center but he is trying

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Maybe the coffe has kicked in but here's a crazy thought.

What about trying Names at center on the second line with Kappa and CK--I know it's not ideal but Names had his best years playing with Stamkos and I believe Kuchervo. Yeah 2 great players but maybe that's what he needs to light a fire under his you know what.

On the plus side he works out great puts up points even better also if needed builds his trade value for the deadline.

He doesn't work out back to the 4th line. As of now really doesn't have any value to lose so that's not an issue.

Worth the risk seeing how Howden is not a 2nd line center but he is trying

Welcome to Namestnikov-for-2C Party.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Most GMs will tell you that they want a deal to work out for both teams, because it opens the door for doing business again in the future.

Now obviously every GM hopes a deal helps them most, but they also recognize that their ability to make moves is only as possible as what’s available to them.

Yeah, and the reputation side of these things can be huge. Sometimes it seems like some teams just hit it out of the park every draft. Of course teams are going to value their prospects considering that too.

And like with Talbot, was he as good as advertised or just a result of our team? Like had Allaiere really be able to train him as well as he did? Talbot looked really good at the point we traded Raanta. I am sure that had an impact on the Raanta trade.

You want to get that reputation as an organization that through and through does a really solid job, and if anyone get someone from us, it’s a kid we picked up for a good reason and did a good job from Day 1.

Reactions: Cag29 and Edge

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A few thoughts.

1. One thing I think we must realize in the situation the team is in right now, and that is that when a top line takes the center stage the way our have — its going to push everyone else back a little back. From we took the lead in the 2nd, you just want to be a little conservative and not risk letting Ottawa back in again. And that especially is the case after it’s 3-1. And carries over to the 3rd.

2. Zibanejad’s second goal might be one of the most beautiful hockey goals I’ve seen this team score since Leetch, Mess, Zubov, Graves and co played fantastic hockey some 25 years ago. That was pure classic fantastic hockey all the way up ice.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
re-powerplay:

Is it that we changed to an umbrella or is it because we actually have skilled playmakers now, that make the umbrella work?

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
re-powerplay:

Is it that we changed to an umbrella or is it because we actually have skilled playmakers now, that make the umbrella work?

I'd like to point out that we now finally have two competent RH shots on the PP. I remember someone posting some stats about the best powerplays in the league having at least 2 RH shots a few seasons ago.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad