Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The COVID excuses for Laf are so lame.

EVERYONE on the planet is dealing with COVID... including everyone else in his draft class. He looks like shit and has looked like shit for 2 seasons now and it isn't because he is dealing w COVID while the rest of us are just living a "normal" life.

Some players don't get there until they are 22-25. Weren't Sam and Joe saying that about Ekblad last night?

Laf like Miller has been an NHLer for not even one calendar year. And he's played for David Quinn who is not an NHL coach.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Geez. Lose a one goal game to one of the best teams in the league and half this board is on suicide watch.

One of the many reasons I only post on my off days generally speaking.

The entire internet portion of the fanbase has been insufferable for almost two years. A lot had to do with how poor an NHL coach Quinn was. A lot is over politics or personal problems. A lot of it has been how generally shitty NY as a sports city has been since around 2016. The "NY Advantage/Glamour" doesn't exist in the internet era.

For as passionate as Northeastern sports fans are, there is a lot of vicariously living through the teams especially the fall and winter sports ones because we are so much more limited in those months. A Cali team losses and their fans go out and take a hike. Florida they go to the beach. We eat pizza and work on algorithms trying to predict the progression of Brody Lamb.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why is Kakko being lumped in with Lafreniere? Kakko has looked excellent ever since returning from his early season injury.
People just want to complain that he's not a P/G winger.

He's improved every year and he legitimately looks dangerous this year. His biggest problem is that he was snakebitten as hell earlier in the season, which is the same problem Buch had like 2 years ago when 70% of this board wanted to fire him into the sun only to bitch and moan that we lost a first line player a few seasons later. I have no doubt Kakko will be a legit 1st line winger and the points will come as his luck improves and if he gets PP time (which is still very underrated in terms of total production).

Laf and Chytil...I don't even f***ing know anymore. Theyre making me eat crow and not the good kind. Both have regressed.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
People just want to complain that he's not a P/G winger.

He's improved every year and he legitimately looks dangerous this year. His biggest problem is that he was snakebitten as hell earlier in the season, which is the same problem Buch had like 2 years ago when 70% of this board wanted to fire him into the sun only to bitch and moan that we lost a first line player a few seasons later. I have no doubt Kakko will be a legit 1st line winger and the points will come as his luck improves and if he gets PP time (which is still very underrated in terms of total production).

Laf and Chytil...I don't even f***ing know anymore. Theyre making me eat crow and not the good kind. Both have regressed.

If Kaako got PP1 time, he'd flirt with 20 goals.

Reactions: Ola and Chaels Arms

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If Kaako got PP1 time, he'd flirt with 20 goals.
He would probably be a 20/30/50 guy this season at least. He doesn't deserve to be there though. Maybe over Strome, but you don't fix what isn't broken and our PP is honestly saving this season (aside from Igor).

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The COVID excuses for Laf are so lame.

EVERYONE on the planet is dealing with COVID... including everyone else in his draft class. He looks like shit and has looked like shit for 2 seasons now and it isn't because he is dealing w COVID while the rest of us are just living a "normal" life.

All excuses are lame. This is just the reality of it. Comparing top draft choices from the COVID era to those from prior is a comparison of entirely different sets of circumstances. And not for the betterment of development of the former. Are you really disputing that? And as far as players from his draft year, I wouldn't trade him for any of them. Maybe you would. I don't really care.
In any case feel free to figuratively open a wrist over it if you want. But don't get bent out of shape if I don't join you. I enjoy hockey that's why I'm here. You want to be miserable, have at it.

Reactions: Do you want ants

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He would probably be a 20/30/50 guy this season at least. He doesn't deserve to be there though. Maybe over Strome, but you don't fix what isn't broken and our PP is honestly saving this season (aside from Igor).
I think the PP could look even better with Strome being replaced by Kakko, but like you said you don't mess with it since it's working well now. He should get that spot next season anyways, unless we somehow re-sign Strome and I don't even want to go there right now...

Reactions: CLW

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Before trading for anyone I’d want to see Kreider - Mika - Laf and Bread - Strome - Kakko for a few solid games. Swap Kreider and Laf if it’s a problem, Kreider doesn’t do his damage off the rush much anyway.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Guess I was not far off when I said Tony DeAngelo would be a PPG player this season.....we miss his work in getting the offensive plays started , lugging the puck and sharp hard passes .....say what you want . Hopefully Jones brings some of that when he is given that chance and lightens the load on Fox who is being worked over by teams in their game plan on us. Laf and KK need more time as does Gauthier ...can't change that . Being poor up the middle does little for offensive creativity and hurts our wingers . We need a left side catalyst from our back end or another one behind Fox .....we just need one !

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
What's troubling is how Turk doesn't change anything when it's clear very little is working right.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
i dunno what game you guys were watching though, it felt like to me the lines were fine. the third line wasn't super but they still had a few good shifts, they created that grade A chance for Gauthier in the 3rd that could've put the game away 3-1. Strome and Panarin had a breakaway each, Zibanejad had a handful of chances, the 4th line was the 4th line. i would like to see Laf with Strome/Panarin but I can't really complain about Gallant not changing anything.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
All excuses are lame. This is just the reality of it. Comparing top draft choices from the COVID era to those from prior is a comparison of entirely different sets of circumstances. And not for the betterment of development of the former. Are you really disputing that? And as far as players from his draft year, I wouldn't trade him for any of them. Maybe you would. I don't really care.
In any case feel free to figuratively open a wrist over it if you want. But don't get bent out of shape if I don't join you. I enjoy hockey that's why I'm here. You want to be miserable, have at it.
I can be critical of Laf or anyone else without "Opening a vein"

But yeah, there are 5-10 players from his draft that look anything BUT affected by COVID

People just don't like hearing hard truths and the hard truth is he should've been in Hartford last season and after the first few weeks this season. It probably would've help him immensely. But the NYR can't develop offensive talent.

JT Miller seems to be doing ok away from this org

Had we drafted Gretzky we would've tried to make him a checking, two-way forward.

It's so lame... just like the excuses are.

Reactions: Synergy27

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Before trading for anyone I’d want to see Kreider - Mika - Laf and Bread - Strome - Kakko for a few solid games. Swap Kreider and Laf if it’s a problem, Kreider doesn’t do his damage off the rush much anyway.

Strome and Panarin need to be separated. They only work for each other. That pairing doesn't work for the team anymore.

Reactions: leetch99

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Look up "excellent"

He's been ok

upload_2021-12-30_17-17-55.jpeg

Wikipedia doesn't lie

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I have no idea how to get Laffy going. Put him with Strome and have everyone pretend he's Panarin for a week?

PP2 is less cursed than it was last year, they actually keep the puck and get chances, but it still doesn't do enough to get those guys confidence. It looks like a get the puck to the point, shoot, try to make some havoc unit and you can probably do that with any forwards in the league.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I can be critical of Laf or anyone else without "Opening a vein"

But yeah, there are 5-10 players from his draft that look anything BUT affected by COVID

People just don't like hearing hard truths and the hard truth is he should've been in Hartford last season and after the first few weeks this season. It probably would've help him immensely. But the NYR can't develop offensive talent.

JT Miller seems to be doing ok away from this org

Had we drafted Gretzky we would've tried to make him a checking, two-way forward.

It's so lame... just like the excuses are.

of course you CAN, but the sky is falling right? This is the worst organization ever and Gretzky would have busted here. Hahaha. And I guess Tampa can’t develop players either. JT didn’t get it there either.

You realize you didn’t counter anything I said. In fact it IS a hard truth that COVID conditions are affecting most if not all players’ development. The fact that you think some are doing fine doesn’t change that. Haha. Why is that so difficult for you?

So who would you trade our first overall bust for from his draft class? I’m genuinely curious. I can’t think of one I would trade him for. But it’s subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad