Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How do we make room for forward prospects next season? Somebody needs to be traded at the draft. Not that we have too many prospect forwards (mostly got goalies and Dmen) But still I think we need to make some moves at the draft.

today's lineup plus Chytil, Howden, Kravtsov, Meskanen, Beleskey, sign Nicklas Jensen, Gettinger, Fogarty (would like Brickley re-signed for 4th line grit)

Who are the trade bait? Namestnikov, Kreider, Strome, Vesey, Fast, Nieves, Andersson?

On defense we got a total disaster, that can be possibly resolved if we get a big return for overrated Skjei, we have to make serious attempt to trade Shattenkirk during the draft. I assume Smith and Staal are not going anywhere. Claesson should definitely be traded for a draft pick, Smith can be the 7th Dman. Pionk could also be moved seems like his development has slowed down a lot if not regressed.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
How do we make room for forward prospects next season? Somebody needs to be traded at the draft. Not that we have too many prospect forwards (mostly got goalies and Dmen) But still I think we need to make some moves at the draft.

today's lineup plus Chytil, Howden, Kravtsov, Meskanen, Beleskey, sign Nicklas Jensen, Gettinger, Fogarty (would like Brickley re-signed for 4th line grit)

Who are the trade bait? Namestnikov, Kreider, Strome, Vesey, Fast, Nieves, Andersson?

On defense we got a total disaster, that can be possibly resolved if we get a big return for overrated Skjei, we have to make serious attempt to trade Shattenkirk during the draft. I assume Smith and Staal are not going anywhere. Claesson should definitely be traded for a draft pick, Smith can be the 7th Dman. Pionk could also be moved seems like his development has slowed down a lot if not regressed.
Do you really think all those guys are and should be on the team next season?

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Here is a completely off-the-wall, not likely trade scenario: What if McDavid says no mas and wants out of Edmonton. Would Kreider, Chytil, Andersson, 1st 2019, 1st 2020, and conditional 1st 2021 would be a good starting point. Just to be clear, just having fun with a rhetorical situation.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
6 years / 37.5-42M

Dont think about his salary from a Rangers perspective. Think of it from the perspective of another team with an open window in 2020-21. If you're the GM of that team and you know your window is wide open now, but will close in 2-3 years, do you give Kreider more than $40/6? Of course you do. Do you give him $50/6? Yes, you still do because Kreider could be the difference between the Conference Final and the Cup. You might even go above $50/6 as you try to outbid a rival in a similar position. I mean what's another $3-4 over 6 years if it means you get a Cup or two in the next 3 seasons. Sure he will be an anchor, but at least you'll forever have a ring. By the end of Kreider's contract, your team is rebuilding anyway, so who cares if Kreider isnt worth the money anymore.

Dont you think Kreider and his agent realize this? Why would they accept $40/6 when they know that inevitably at least one GM will go crazy for his services. He could get overpaid and play on a Cup winner. Why does he accept an offer that makes sense only if you look at things from the Rangers perspective only?

Kreider isnt signing for $40/6. Hed be insane to do that.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Do you really think all those guys are and should be on the team next season?

if we are rebuilding then Howden, Chytil and Kravtsov should be playing, right?

Jensen could be a good player that we can either release to KHL if he does not fit or trade at the deadline if he plays well.

Not really sure what we have in Meskanen yet, likely they let him go?

Beleskey can play we can use the toughness and I think if he has a decent season we can trade him by the deadline.

I like Gettinger a lot he will likely spend some more time in AHL, but he can play in NHL.

Brickley is also a nice grinder we can have dirt cheap, why let him go for free?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Here is a completely off-the-wall, not likely trade scenario: What if McDavid says no mas and wants out of Edmonton. Would Kreider, Chytil, Andersson, 1st 2019, 1st 2020, and conditional 1st 2021 would be a good starting point. Just to be clear, just having fun with a rhetorical situation.

no thanks, but we definitely should try Puljujarvi

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
if we are rebuilding then Howden, Chytil and Kravtsov should be playing, right

I said, or thought the same thing about ADA.. What I recently learned, after 30 years as a Hockey fan, is not all players develop properly by just playing.

If they’re playing the game wrong and the coaches hope that player learns from his mistakes without coaching, it might be a recipe for disaster.

Quinn is the first coach who, imo, took the time to break ADA down and rebuild him. That’s exactly what they do in the Army.

Kravstov will probably need some coaching. We can expect some stints in the AHL, and some time watching games from the sideline.

It’ll probably be frustrating from our POV, but if it helps him in the long run then it’s worth it.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I said, or thought the same thing about ADA.. What I recently learned, after 30 years as a Hockey fan, is not all players develop properly by just playing.

If they’re playing the game wrong and the coaches hope that player learns from his mistakes without coaching, it might be a recipe for disaster.

Quinn is the first coach who, imo, took the time to break ADA down and rebuild him. That’s exactly what they do in the Army.

Kravstov will probably need some coaching. We can expect some stints in the AHL, and some time watching games from the sideline.

It’ll probably be frustrating from our POV, but if it helps him in the long run then it’s worth it.

I cannot say it enough...development is not linear.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I don’t know if you saw the tweet from the Norwegian source that broke the Zuccarello deal, but Zuccarello has already been very impressed by Dallas. I think there’s a very good chance he re-signs in Dallas.

I did not - thanks for the 411.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

I don't mind Kravtsov playing in Hartford, but he can also be playing so well that they want to keep him in NHL. See Howden, even though I think he hasn't been playing well enough not to be sent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad