Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think the term has to make sense for both parties — would Zuccarello come back licking his wounds and satisfy for a 2 year deal instead of his proposed and rumored 5 year deal?

Someone will give him a 4 or 5 year deal. Hopefully the Stars.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I was with Joey for a good portion of the party. I couldn’t find you Edge

I did meet @MahomesIsGod and @Machinehead though

I had my wife with me, I couldn’t spend all day looking for your jabronis.

That was a whirlwind day. I had to stop for drinks with like 5 different groups of people and then go out to dinner after the party.

My sweat was probably 90 proof.

Reactions: McRanger

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think the term has to make sense for both parties — would Zuccarello come back licking his wounds and satisfy for a 2 year deal instead of his proposed and rumored 5 year deal?

I don’t know if you saw the tweet from the Norwegian source that broke the Zuccarello deal, but Zuccarello has already been very impressed by Dallas. I think there’s a very good chance he re-signs in Dallas.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

That was a whirlwind day. I had to stop for drinks with like 5 different groups of people and then go out to dinner after the party.

I'm sure the Rangers are going to do the same thing this year.

Would love to join you gentlemen for some dollar slices counteracted by $20 drinks.

Reactions: Edge

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Yeah I remember you being jittery and you dipped after like two minutes :laugh: Seemed like you were in a rush

Reactions: Edge

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I thought the Norwegian reporter said the 5 year demand was fake.

I'd take Zucc back at 3-4 years

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Rangers gave a soon to be 27 year old Brassard a 5 year contract in 2014. He was good for the first two seasons of the contract. His play dipped in his last season with the Rangers. The Rangers traded him to Ottawa in 2016. Brassard has been terrible in the last three seasons of the contract. He is also on his 4th team since signing that contract. Ottawa. Pittsburgh. Florida. Colorado.

Gorton was fortunate he found a taker for the Brassard contract when he did.

Brassard is a perfect example of the aging curve.

90% of the people here loved him & were crying like Lundqvist was crying about Zuccarello on Sunday afternoon when the Brassard for Mika trade was made.

Kreider will be 29 when his extension starts. How many years of the contract will he be the same player?

If you believe what Carpiniello writes, he brought up the Brassard contract as a reason why the Rangers didn't re-sign Hayes. They signed him to a one year contract and traded him. When he signed that contract last July, you knew Hayes was a goner.

Gorton's comments on Monday about Kreider were so noncommittal. We're going to talk to his people when the time comes and see where we are at. Chris has gotten better every year and is a good player for us right now.

Trade him.

Brooks is so concerned about Stone getting $9.5M in Vegas which has no state and city income tax. Panarin will want $11M to play in New York or California. The number has always been $11M. What did Brooks think Panarin was going to get before Stone agreed to terms in Vegas? Panarin might want more than $11M. More than half of that $11M will go towards taxes. Escrow.

If the Rangers want to add elite talent and speed up the rebuild process, stop getting points in meaningless games. They have tried everything except that over the last 80 years.

For the millionth time the rangers are not bottom 3 bad. How are the players and coaches supposed to tank exactly? They get paid millions to play hard and try to win. It's something they have been taught since they were 5. So again, how are they supposed to lose games? Purposely miss shots? Take penalties? fall down? It is such idiocy to say players should tank and again tanking guarantees no particular draft order. You could finish with the worst record in the league and have a good chance of not picking first. The rangers may get lucky in the lottery and pick top 3 after all instead of picking in the 5 to 7 range.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
So give Zuccarello 4-6 mill per? And Hayes 6-7.5 mill per or we just sign a better player in Panarin or EK for the same amount? 11-13mill?

Sign me up for EK.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd offer Panarin 5 years/$70M.

There's no tanking with this team and Quinn.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kreiders future in NYC will likely be reflective of what happens with our 2 conditional picks (both likely decided before July 1) plus eventually who we draft this year. If the brass are satisfied with the general overlook going fwd at/after the draft, I think he will stay and get a retirement El Capitano contract of 7 or 8 years. If not, they (still) may very well consider dealing him. This is not only my opinion... Btw. no never mind
This makes a ton of sense.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreiders future in NYC will likely be reflective of what happens with our 2 conditional picks (both likely decided before July 1) plus eventually who we draft this year. If the brass are satisfied with the general overlook going fwd at/after the draft, I think he will stay and get a retirement El Capitano contract of 7 or 8 years. If not, they (still) may very well consider dealing him. This is not only my opinion... Btw. no never mind
iu

Reactions: Inferno

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So give Zuccarello 4-6 mill per? And Hayes 6-7.5 mill per or we just sign a better player in Panarin or EK for the same amount? 11-13mill?

Sign me up for EK.
Worried he might be breaking down or becoming injury prone...especially in 2,3,4 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad