Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Best line the past week and you break them up??? 13-72-91

If Strome is coming back, have to put him back with Panarin. Panarin hasn't shown natural chemistry wth anyone other than Strome right now.

I would put Kakko with KZ or with Chytil/Blais. What I think could work well is Kakko/Zib/Kreider. Panarin/Strome/Goodrow, Laf/Chytil/Blais. Hunt/Rooney/Reaves. But we'll see.

If Panarin needs to go east/west let's limit the east west to one line. Let Kakko and Laf go on the north/south lines.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You would think they would be off today? Gerard Gallant Media Availability.

Good. They haven't practiced at all. They need to practice. They are back home after a day game yesterday. Take a day off after next game.

Reactions: RGY

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Last few games were a snapshot into the Rangers issue at center post-Ryan Strome.

Need to start thinking hard about how to fill that void, especially if Chytil tops out as an offensive 3rd line center.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
Last few games were a snapshot into the Rangers issue at center post-Ryan Strome.

Need to start thinking hard about how to fill that void, especially if Chytil tops out as an offensive 3rd line center.

Id say more a snap shot of what happens when two our top 6 go down hurt then just strome

Reactions: haveandare

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm gonna throw an interesting idea out there into the void.

One of the reasons why Panarin and Strome play so well with a defensive RW is because that alleviates some of Strome's deep man responsibilities at center. Let's say Panarin and Strome click well with Goodrow.

Next year- Strome is likely gone. Let's say Kakko has come more into his own offensively.

Could Panarin-Goodrow-Kakko be a unit? Goodrow handles all the defensive work from a different position. Kakko takes the Panarin partner role.

Barron-Chytil-Blais becomes the third line, with a good mix of size, speed, physicality.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

One of the reasons why Panarin and Strome play so well with a defensive RW is because that alleviates some of Strome's deep man responsibilities at center. Let's say Panarin and Strome click well with Goodrow.

Next year- Strome is likely gone. Let's say Kakko has come more into his own offensively.

Could Panarin-Goodrow-Kakko be a unit? Goodrow handles all the defensive work from a different position. Kakko takes the Panarin partner role.

Barron-Chytil-Blais becomes the third line, with a good mix of size, speed, physicality.

Panarin and Strome play well together because they think the same way, has nothing to do with the winger, someone who forechecks well is a bonus for that line. I wouldn't be so sure they'll bail on Strome, Zib took what was considered a pay cut to stay, maybe that sets the bar for Strome to do the same

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
So Petterson is now our Barkov, Lindholm, Cirelli etc etc is he?

Now this one, I can get behind. Precisely because Benning is a nut and he could Chiarelli. And maybe because of the slow EP40 start and talk.

Prolly the first name of the endlessly shitty propositions for top centers, from teams that would never trade their young top C away.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

It could work.

Blais Barron Chytil would be my line though. From what I've seen I believe Barron is the better center.

Laf Zibs Kreider
Panarin Goodrow/Barron Kakko
Blais Barron/Goodrow Chytil

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It could work.

Blais Barron Chytil would be my line though. It's been limited viewing but I believe Barron is the better center.

Oh for sure whichever of the two plays center, I think it has some potential.

Barron IMO is too good to be on the 4th line long term.

Reactions: duhmetreE

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Panarin and Strome play well together because they think the same way, has nothing to do with the winger, someone who forechecks well is a bonus for that line. I wouldn't be so sure they'll bail on Strome, Zib took what was considered a pay cut to stay, maybe that sets the bar for Strome to do the same

Absolutely. Both are super gifted offensively, unfortunately they suck defensively and need an effective fore- and backchecker.

Totally agreed, need to see those lines. Goodrow should have been signed exactly with that in mind.

Don't know about that 3rd line though. Samuel Blais shouldn't be the playmaker on the line.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Reading the tea leaves, the Rangers are going to re-sign Strome

Reactions: McSauer

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
I know way way way too early, but CapFriendly has us at around $19M under next year, with key FAs being Kakko(RFA), Blais(RFA), Fox(RFA), I wonder what they do with these 3, obviously Fox is back, I wonder if they do bridge deal, or long term(8yrs) with Fox, wonder what AAV they'll get, Fox should be more than Trouba, best young D in the NHL.

As for Kakko & Blais, I guess they'll get bridge deals, also Strome UFA, wonder what he'd want, if he's here past trade deadline.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I know way way way too early, but CapFriendly has us at around $19M under next year, with key FAs being Kakko(RFA), Blais(RFA), Fox(RFA), I wonder what they do with these 3, obviously Fox is back, I wonder if they do bridge deal, or long term(8yrs) with Fox, wonder what AAV they'll get, Fox should be more than Trouba, best young D in the NHL.

As for Kakko & Blais, I guess they'll get bridge deals, also Strome UFA, wonder what he'd want, if he's here past trade deadline.

9.5 for Fox, 2.5 for Blais, 3x2 for Kakko leaves 4 million for Strome.

Would take some serious doing.

If I was Ryan Strome and I had another good year near a PPG, I'd go on the market looking for 8x5.25 or 6x6.25 deal. Nugent-Hopkins esque.

That first deal is a very good AAV but a massive term commitment for an inconsistent 2nd line pivot.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I am optimistic Fox will take 8 x 8.5, maybe 9.. He deserves more than Makar but he'll leave money on the table, living his dream.

I'd prefer to go longer term on Kakko, if he would. 6 x 4.5 or something. Still get UFA money at 27... but most likely it'll be like 3x3 or something.

Blais get a 2-3 year deal.

All this is subject to change besides Fox. How Kakko and Blais finish their seasons. If Kakko starts putting up numbers, they may give him a longer term contract. Blais' AAV can fluctuate but I don't think he gets anything more than 3 years.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
I’d re-sign Strome in a heartbeat. I really like the player he’s become here. 52-60 point center with Panarin and really helps our PP. he’s a glue guy in that top 6.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nothing makes me feel better about these boards than reading comments on NYR social media.

Screenshot (118).jpg

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad