Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
He's in Hartford.

He's exactly what we need but he might need a year or two to develop. At best, he develops into a Olofsson type, but hopefully with a 2way game. From what I've gathered he seems willing so there's nothing stopping him. He's overperformed expectations so I wont doubt him.

he’s looked a little lost in Hartford. But as to be expected adjusting to NA game

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Seems there is trouble in paradise with Pettersson.

Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Schneider, 2022 1st?

Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider
Lafreniere - Pettersson - Kakko
Goodrow - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Nemeth

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

or you could make us the deepest forward group in the league & roll 4 lines?

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Strome - Blais
Lafreniere - Pettersson - Goodrow
Hunt - Rooney Reaves

or Panarin & Petey together could be magic, throw Blais on the wing to do the dirty work & create room for them

Our PP would be godly

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Goodrow - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Nemeth

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

Panarin - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney Reaves

or Panarin & Petey together could be magic, throw Blais on the wing to do the dirty work & create room for them

Our PP would be godly

Why don't you throw in Fox and Laf while you're at it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Why don't you throw in Fox and Laf while you're at it.
Lol I bet Canucks fans will still say this deal is extremely lopsided in the Rangers favor and demand one of Fox or Laf
I think Pettersson would be a perfect fit here though, we lack that dynamic finesse skill and we're trading the second coming of Pettersson in Kravtsov

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
After a strong preseason the Sharks are already making William Eklund a healthy scratch for today's game. Could we trade Kravtsov for him?
The thing is that I never know when you're serious lol

Pettersson is going to cost too much to acquire. No cap space either unless based Kreider or Trouba go the other way, and at this juncture, I'd trade neither.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
All depends on how desperate teams get at for a cheap forward pending on injuries.

This time of the season no one is desperate because they don’t know where the chips will fall

Hayton has really struggled to produce in the A. Like big time.

Vitaly doesn’t have super high value either and it’s not going to get higher with him not playing but the unknown there may actually work for him. We’ll see when this all goes down.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Lol I bet Canucks fans will still say this deal is extremely lopsided in the Rangers favor and demand one of Fox or Laf
I think Pettersson would be a perfect fit here though, we lack that dynamic finesse skill and we're trading the second coming of Pettersson in Kravtsov

He's a dynamic player but what you proposed is way to much and he sucks at faceoffs.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020

Vitaly doesn’t have super high value either and it’s not going to get higher with him not playing but the unknown there may actually work for him. We’ll see when this all goes down.

desperate teams towards the deadline will make desperate moves.

luckily for us we are not a desperate team even if we are in first place at the deadline. This is not a win now team we have the luxury to wait for our deal.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Funny I don’t see any posts from @ohbaby … must be in hiding with his tail between his legs after all the whining he had done last week, claiming this team stinks, Drury stinks, wah wah wah.

2 more wins pal and they’ll be guaranteed above .500 in the first 12 games which you assured us they would not be… thanks for the comic relief!!

Reactions: Miller1983

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Hayton's biggest issue has been injuries - he had the shoulder injury that caused him to miss like half of last season and then whatever the LBI was this year. His results in the AHL thus far are pretty worrisome, but it's tough to gauge since Tucson was awful last year. His first 5-game stint was really good, but it hasn't been great since.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

Goodrow - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Nemeth

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

Panarin - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney Reaves

Our PP would be godly

Value aside, the Rangers can't trade Lundkvist and Schneider in the same deal. Or in general really. Have to retain one of them for the future of the right side. One of the two could be dealt in the right trade.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Strome was doing line drills with Panarin and Goodrow this AM. That’s a line a lot of us want to see. Kakko was in a no-contact jersey, so he’s unlikely to go tomorrow.
Well one is better than none.

Agreed that that second line combination has a lot of potential- but if they go that route I’d like to make sure Kakko gets to play with some good players.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Well one is better than none.

Agreed that that second line combination has a lot of potential- but if they go that route I’d like to make sure Kakko gets to play with some good players.

Gallant had Laf with Zibanejad and Kreider this AM, and Gauthier with Chytil and Blais. Gauthier is just a placeholder. My hope is that when Kakko is healthy, they slot him in Buch’s old spot and reunite the French Connection.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and Greg02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Goodrow - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Nemeth

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

Panarin - Strome - Blais
Hunt - Rooney Reaves

Our PP would be godly
what's the issue with Pettersson?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
what's the issue with Pettersson?
Strained relationship between him & the organization, him & teammates, and his play has fell off a cliff last season and so far in this one. His body language is so weird, there’s times when the team will score and everyone on the bench stands and cheers and he sits there with a blank expression

Reactions: McSauer

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
Strome was doing line drills with Panarin and Goodrow this AM. That’s a line a lot of us want to see. Kakko was in a no-contact jersey, so he’s unlikely to go tomorrow.

this line looks great on paper, or NHL 22. For it to work we need Panarin to shoot more rather then look for the highlight real pass with Goodrow in front.

Otherwise could be interesting to see how Chytil on the right would look. Homeboy is not scared to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad