Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII What will Santa Gorton bring us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
As you all know, I am a huge fan of Pionk's, but I can see this as well. He and DeAngelo are already somewhat redundant, especially with Shattenkirk here.
My first choice is a fantasy in which they actually find a way to deal Shattenkirk and keep both Pionk & DeAngelo for the near future. But I just do not see a big market for him. Don't know, maybe you guys are right and one goes. But keep having the feeling that they want to see how they will develop over next several years.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Kreider is to me what Kravstov is to @Amazing Kreiderman (with slightly less stalking). Watched him at Andover when I was at BC myself, hoped against the odds he would be the NYR’s guy. Watched him lead BC to 2 Nationals Championships. Watched him grow to the point where he is now, finally looking like he has put together all of the pieces and is consistently putting up the numbers we thought he was capable of all along.

But despite this deep bias I think it’s interesting and important to consider his future with the NYR. We all know his play can waiver a bit in terms of consistency. If he can get a foundational building block from a contender, do you think about it? I’m talking a Makar, Tolvanen (ship probably sailed), etc.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
you think there's over 60 wings better than him?

He's tied for 7th in goals among wings, and 28th in 5v5 pts among wings this season.
Yea, he sure is racking up a few extra points with Zib having his breakout season, that's for sure. I still see a very lazy player half the time with Kreider.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
But despite this deep bias I think it’s interesting and important to consider his future with the NYR. We all know his play can waiver a bit in terms of consistency. If he can get a foundational building block from a contender, do you think about it? I’m talking a Makar, Tolvanen (ship probably sailed), etc.
I think that he is here on the other side of the rebuild as one of the leaders of this team and a hold on the top line. Along with Zbad.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wow. There it is. Kreider is a third line player on good teams in the league. There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I admit. I actually do not know how to respond to this.

Over his career he gets .58 points per game that's including his hot start this year. Puts him at a 48 point guy. Had one big year but has been pretty average since.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
1st round pick for Kevin Hayes

1st round pick for Mats Zuccarello

TB wins the Cup and the Rangers get the 31st pick in the draft. It's TB's Cup to lose.

Four 1st round picks in June.

The Rangers should trade Chris Kreider at the deadline in February. They can't go through another season where they have a key player on an expiring contract. The draft is kind of slow for trades. This trade deadline is the time.

It doesn't look like the Rangers will re-sign Hayes no matter how much Larry Brooks campaigns for the Rangers to pay Hayes.

The Rangers have had no discussions or very little discussions about re-signing Zuccarello.

Speaking of Hayes

Tableau Public

Scroll down to the bottom for a more complete list.

There's our boy Kevin

5 goals. $6M. Priceless.

Kreider is at the top of that list, yet you say we should trade him too. It seems kind of disingenuous to use it against Hayes if you aren't going to also give Kreider credit for his place on the list.

There's no reason that Kreider has to be traded at this deadline. Gorton has more than enough to keep him busy. If Kreider does get traded, it might be better for us if it happens at/prior to the draft, a la Stepan. Kreider could return a top 10 pick, but not if we trade him at the deadline.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kreider is to me what Kravstov is to @Amazing Kreiderman (with slightly less stalking). Watched him at Andover when I was at BC myself, hoped against the odds he would be the NYR’s guy. Watched him lead BC to 2 Nationals Championships. Watched him grow to the point where he is now, finally looking like he has put together all of the pieces and is consistently putting up the numbers we thought he was capable of all along.

Yeah it'd take a prospect/young player of that level+ other pieces for me to move Kreider.

There is no player who drives success for this team more than he does outside of Hank. No brainier to keep around unless someone decides that they want him more than we do.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At an average of .58 points a game? I dont think so.

Since returning from surgery he's produced at a .75 ppg clip, thats over almost 50 games.

Considering that he played at least some of the first half of last season (who knows how much) pretty heavily compromised, I think its safe to say that this is a better indication of who he is, particularly in conjunction with the season he had before last season (where he was probably a 30 goal-60 point guy over a full season) and progression/playing in a system that suits his play (not that he was bad under AV, he wasn't)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
At an average of .58 points a game? I dont think so.

Why are you only looking at points/game?

He also averages:

1.9707 Hits/game
0.8313 PIM/game
+0.1345/game
0.1491 FOW/game
0.3545 blocks/game
0.1467 PPP/game
2.1809 shots/game

You need to look at the whole picture.

For reference Johnny Gaudreau, who I'm sure you consider a 1st line wing, only averages 0.1971 hits/game and 0.2088 blocks/game. Pat Kane is barely any better with 0.2780 hits/game and 0.2271 blocks/game.

He's a complete player. They are one dimensional who provide nothing other than some goals and assists.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Since returning from surgery he's produced at a .75 ppg clip, thats over almost 50 games.

Considering that he played at least some of the first half of last season (who knows how much) pretty heavily compromised, I think its safe to say that this is a better indication of who he is, particularly in conjunction with the season he had before last season (where he was probably a 30 goal-60 point guy over a full season) and progression/playing in a system that suits his play (not that he was bad under AV, he wasn't)

He does that though, he's very streaky over his career, sometimes hes on fire and other weeks he is on the Milk box. I'm very doubtful he ends the year at .75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad