Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII What will Santa Gorton bring us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Fox is not willing to sign there? Probably not.

But yeah they have to be in it. If they’re close I imagine that they’ll make a push. They haven’t made the playoffs in forever.

Would you do Zucc for Fox and a 2nd?

Hopefully Carolina is still contending by the TDL or Zucc makes no sense.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Anecdotally it seems like the instances of 4 year NCAA defections are on the rise.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If Fox is not willing to sign there? Probably not.

But yeah they have to be in it. If they’re close I imagine that they’ll make a push. They haven’t made the playoffs in forever.

Yeah i was highlighting the signing part b/c if he's open to signing with them, I'm not sure they move him.

I wouldn't if I were them.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Having a healthy forward core, I'd like to see Namest and Fast moved to 4th with Lias.

Zucc-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Hayes-Chytil
Vesey-Howden-Strome
Names-Lias-Fast

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fox is an absolute stud, but I really don’t want a whole right side anchored by sub 6 ft ~180 pound defenders. I’m not asking for meatheads, but some size and skating ability is necessary on the backend, especially with how aggressive teams are down low and near the net now. We’ve seen plenty of times this season how Pionk and/or ADA got outworked to a loose puck leading to goals against us. If we find a way to get Fox, I think I’d use Pionk as trade bait in the future.

Some bigger guys that can skate and are really good young defenders are Oskari, Laaksonen, Phillipe Myers, Erik Cernak, and Roland McKeown. I’d also give a limb to Detroit for Fil Hronek, but that’s not happening. I don’t think these guys will become top-pairing defenders, but I am really high on Cernak and Myers.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Fox is an absolute stud, but I really don’t want a whole right side anchored by sub 6 ft ~180 pound defenders. I’m not asking for meatheads, but some size and skating ability is necessary on the backend, especially with how aggressive teams are down low and near the net now. We’ve seen plenty of times this season how Pionk and/or ADA got outworked to a loose puck leading to goals against us. If we find a way to get Fox, I think I’d use Pionk as trade bait in the future.

Some bigger guys that can skate and are really good young defenders are Oskari, Laaksonen, Phillipe Myers, Erik Cernak, and Roland McKeown. I’d also give a limb to Detroit for Fil Hronek, but that’s not happening. I don’t think these guys will become top-pairing defenders, but I am really high on Cernak and Myers.

Guys who move the puck and can play defense on the right side are valuable. Make a trade if needed later. That’s a good problem to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad