Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII What will Santa Gorton bring us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Zucc was a very good ranger for a very long time. But, we're not in that phase anymore where he makes sense for us going forward. I don't get why ppl gotta be... disrespectful to his legacy...nor oversensitive about his standing as things go forward

My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: bernmeister

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Huge Zucc fan here. Happy he got playing time after Torts didn’t really believe in his ability. His heart and soul is something you don’t see from many anymore. Also think it’s time for him to be traded. His time here is just up, not everyone we like can play an entire career with a team.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what he is worth in a trade. This year hasn’t exactly boosted his trade value.

What would be a realistic return?

Late 1st.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Huge Zucc fan here. Happy he got playing time after Torts didn’t really believe in his ability. His heart and soul is something you don’t see from many anymore. Also think it’s time for him to be traded. His time here is just up, not everyone we like can play an entire career with a team.

For the life of me I can’t figure out what he is worth in a trade. This year hasn’t exactly boosted his trade value.

What would be a realistic return?

I don't know what it is, but it should be a late 1st.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Zucc was a very good ranger for a very long time. But, we're not in that phase anymore where he makes sense for us going forward. I don't get why ppl gotta be... disrespectful to his legacy...nor oversensitive about his standing as things go forward
Probably my favorite Ranger, post-Avery.

Reactions: GodlyRangers

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It looks Shattenkirk will be out for a while with a left shoulder injury. Brooks reported Shattenkirk will be out for an indefinite period of time. He had his arm in a sling after the game.

Perfect time to get McQuaid into the line-up. DQ said McQuaid was two weeks away when the Rangers were in Ottawa two weeks ago this Thursday. The Rangers next game is on Friday. Brooks brought up recalling Hajek. No. Brooks wrote how McQuaid was an excellent addition. It was a great trade. The Rangers finally had some toughness and brawn on D and he would make life so much easier for Lundqvist.

The Rangers traded a 4th and a conditional 7th(Boston gets the pick if he gets traded or plays 25 games for the Rangers) for McQuaid. Let's see him play.

The Rangers can bring up Hajek later this season.

McQuaid is perfect. He stinks so he won't help the Rangers win many games. They are a worse team with him. He can show teams he is healthy enough to contribute. The guy is a right shot. He has a Stanley Cup ring. Experienced. He can add depth to a contender and every team is looking for help on D at the trading deadline. The rental market sucks for D. Gorton should be able to get a better return than what he gave up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d think you’d just shift smith to right D if McQuaid isn’t ready but you’d hope this would mean more mins for DeAngelo.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
It looks Shattenkirk will be out for a while with a left shoulder injury. Brooks reported Shattenkirk will be out for an indefinite period of time. He had his arm in a sling after the game.

Perfect time to get McQuaid into the line-up. DQ said McQuaid was two weeks away when the Rangers were in Ottawa two weeks ago this Thursday. The Rangers next game is on Friday. Brooks brought up recalling Hajek. No. Brooks wrote how McQuaid was an excellent addition. It was a great trade. The Rangers finally had some toughness and brawn on D and he would make life so much easier for Lundqvist.

The Rangers traded a 4th and a conditional 7th(Boston gets the pick if he gets traded or plays 25 games for the Rangers) for McQuaid. Let's see him play.

The Rangers can bring up Hajek later this season.

McQuaid is perfect. He stinks so he won't help the Rangers win many games. They are a worse team with him. He can show teams he is healthy enough to contribute. The guy is a right shot. He has a Stanley Cup ring. Experienced. He can add depth to a contender and every team is looking for help on D at the trading deadline. The rental market sucks for D. Gorton should be able to get a better return than what he gave up.
I understand what you are saying, but this reads like a schizophrenic wrote this post. McQuaid is the best, he'll stink.

I agree about holding off on Hajek. We will still have 7 d here. Smith can play the right. I would love to get him paired with Skjei, introduce some comfort level there and maybe re-kindle his game.

First thing is first, and that is dealing the pending UFAs. There will be plenty of time for New York Whale hockey. And as a bonus, maybe Smith-Skjei find lightning in a bottle, Smith plays like it's the playoffs and we find a trade.

If you are just going to scratch a vet for a guy like Hajek, just start trading D now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I agree that we aren't at a full tear down place, and the team isn't bad enough to pick as high as they would need to under that direction.

But I'm not sure I like 93, 13, and 21 down the gut.

Not only do cup winners generally have an elite center, the last team to win one without a Hall of Fame center was a long time ago. We need to do better there, or we're heading right back where we were (good but not good enough).

Elite players don't need to be centers. As long as you have 2 of them in your top 6 you're good

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Things to know about Adam Fox: He gets points at a crazy...
Will he be making those plays for the Hurricanes? As an unsigned prospect, he’s aware of the speculation surrounding his future. He’s quick to shut it down.
“I know people think I have some plan to sign with the Rangers because of where I grew up,” the New York native said. “But my dream, my goal, is to play in the NHL. As soon as possible.”

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Elite players don't need to be centers. As long as you have 2 of them in your top 6 you're good

The East has Kuznetsov/Backstrom, Crosby/Malkin, Matthews/Tavares, Stamkos/Point and Bergeron/Krejci. Given the competition, going with Zibanejad/Hayes means a repeat of the last run. If you’re satisfied with that outcome, so be it. I’ve led to believe that the aspirations are higher this time around.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Hayes’ departure opens the door for Panarin cap wise:

Panarin Ziba Buch/Krat
Krieds Chytil Buch/Krat
Vesey Howton Strome/Andersson/Names
Strome/Andersson/Names + Fast

This is a good F group, we gotta figure out the D.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The East has Kuznetsov/Backstrom, Crosby/Malkin, Matthews/Tavares, Stamkos/Point and Bergeron/Krejci. Given the competition, going with Zibanejad/Hayes means a repeat of the last run. If you’re satisfied with that outcome, so be it. I’ve led to believe that the aspirations are higher this time around.

Spot on

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hate it when we have to discuss the same thing in various threads. Comparing anyone to Malkin is simply not fair. That is like comparing other 2nd line centers to Messier when TGO occupied the top line. Backstorm is not Malkin, but also on a different level. Krejci? I can make a case that Hayes is the better player now and will be going forward. And the difference between Hayes and Point is not that great, if at all.

Once again, all depends on what you view Hayes as now and in another few years.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think you can build a cup contender around two Zibanejads as your top six centers, but to me the goal is to get Zibby and Kreider to the second line. That will mean undeniably elite talent up front and the kind of depth that wins championships.

Easier said than done of course but if you can't shoot for the moon in a rebuild then when can you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad