Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII What will Santa Gorton bring us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
not really.

hes playing very well. hes our best 2 way forward without question and hes upping that value daily.

my point is the better he plays the more he shows his value here and elsewhere. when hes gone, its going to be a lot harder replacing him than it was replacing rick nash- the 8 mil dollar "tries hard and does stuff guy".

the return better be market value or higher before i let him go for maybes and hope so's.

Zibanejad is a better two-way player than him.

I don’t care about replacing him yet. We need as many shots at the can to develop an elite player, and that means futures. If we get to a place where we are contenders and are missing a player like Hayes, we find one via UFA or trade. Players like him come available every year. See: Kevin Hayes is on the market.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Zibanejad is a better two-way player than him.

I don’t care about replacing him yet. We need as many shots at the can to develop an elite player, and that means futures. If we get to a place where we are contenders and are missing a player like Hayes, we find one via UFA or trade. Players like him come available every year. See: Kevin Hayes is on the market.

Woah, totally disagree with this. Hayes has turned into a VERY good defensive player, he was basically used as a shutdown center role last season and flourished with the task.

Reactions: offdacrossbar

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Irregardless is a word, regardless of your perceived thought.
Actually it is, but it's a stupid word.

The prefix "ir" can be considered equivalent to "un" or "not". So it's basically unregardless.

Regardless means not paying attention to. So if something is not regardless, then you would pay attention to it. In which case, you would just leave it in.

It's literally useless.

Reactions: Inferno

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Woah, totally disagree with this. Hayes has turned into a VERY good defensive player, he was basically used as a shutdown center role last season and flourished with the task.

You realize that Zibanajed has been our shutdown center this year and is still our best offensive player, right? He controls the game on a level Hayes does not. I’d put them basically equal on the defensive side of things, but Zibanejad is a better offensive player.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You realize that Zibanajed has been our shutdown center this year and is still our best offensive player, right? He controls the game on a level Hayes does not. I’d put them basically equal on the defensive side of things, but Zibanejad is a better offensive player.
That's only because Quinn matches 1st lines. Doesn't mean in any way that Zib is is better defensively.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
whatever you want to call it.

it was moronic and soiled an other wise excellent draft.
Probably taking it too far but I agree that it was moronic and had we picked someone else that was available there that was even a 50/50 prospect it would’ve been better.

But so far everything else looks promising so I try not to think about it

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Irregardless of where he plays, when Hayes is gone there will be a talent void the size of henrik lundqvists ego.

And that size deficit can’t be filled with mid 1sts and a so-so prospect.

Kevin Hayes, if anyone cares to watch, is a very very good ice hockey player on a team that could use more of those guys. Not less.

He’s perhaps our best most complete player but for maybe 93. Certainly they are 1A and 1B.

If the new thing is play him at wing and go 93 21 50 down the road, this team with Hayes at center or wing is still better than they will be when he’s moved for less than his value.

The return better blow me away. 6/6 I would do

Zibanejad to Hayes is clearly as 1 to 2, not 1a/1b. But you don’t need to exaggerate to argue a valid point. Hayes is a very good player and return better be very good.

Otherwise, maybe a showcase on a wing in top 6 was not only for potential trade partners but for themselves too. If they target are top-tier forward to go forward with, then having a big 1b line in Kreider-Zibanejad-Hayes to supplement xx-Chytil-Kravtsov and ahead of Andersson-Howden-Buchnevich would be unbelievable and should be considered as an alternative to adding rebuild assets at a cost of Hayes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That's only because Quinn matches 1st lines. Doesn't mean in any way that Zib is is better defensively.

Quinn would’ve played Hayes against the top lines if it was a case. Even when Kreider-Hayes-Chytil became a top line offensively, Zibanejad continued to be the one facing other teams 1C and still continued to produced with likes of Namestnikov and Fast.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I talked about Vancouver and how they already have the elite 1C in place but they also have the elite 2C (who's really a low-end 1C) in Horvat. This is a huge part of winning the Cup in today's game. Aside from Chicago, all of the recent winners have essentially had two first-line centers.

Horvat is 23. Zibanejead is only 25. Pretty crazy how young he is. We've got that piece in place without having the draft it. If we do the other shit right, the Zibanejad trade is going to be looked back on as the start of our success.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I talked about Vancouver and how they already have the elite 1C in place but they also have the elite 2C (who's really a low-end 1C) in Horvat. This is a huge part of winning the Cup in today's game. Aside from Chicago, all of the recent winners have essentially had two first-line centers.

Horvat is 23. Zibanejead is only 25. Pretty crazy how young he is. We've got that piece in place without having the draft it. If we do the other **** right, the Zibanejad trade is going to be looked back on as the start of our success.
But what about his 5 v 5 goals???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad