Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XVI: C'mon, do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
not enough time to refute all your nonsense, so just keeping it to Nieves related for now.

For the umpteenth time, he is not supposed, at this stage, to drive offensive play, just contribute. I clearly said let Kreider and ultimately Krav drive the play.
I said chemistry based on synergy would work, it being obvious they have possibility to so mesh.

And Nieves has not played with anyone decent offensively at any level.
Despite this, in a short trial w/Buch +, he did acceptably well.

It would be nice if you did not cherry pick my comments out of context.

Nieves struggled producing against AHL scrubs, Bern.

He struggled producing in Michigan.

A little bit of chemistry, or Synergy isn’t going magically make him suitable for a top-6 role.

Bern I’m convinced you don’t watch hockey. Seriously.

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Tom Gulitti has a point. This ominious silence as we're approaching the final 25 minutes of the theoretical NYI deadline does sound like Luo Lamoriello.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
not enough time to refute all your nonsense, so just keeping it to Nieves related for now.

For the umpteenth time, he is not supposed, at this stage, to drive offensive play, just contribute. I clearly said let Kreider and ultimately Krav drive the play.
I said chemistry based on synergy would work, it being obvious they have possibility to so mesh.

And Nieves has not played with anyone decent offensively at any level.
Despite this, in a short trial w/Buch +, he did acceptably well.

It would be nice if you did not cherry pick my comments out of context.

No. We are giving them Staal, either full pop or reduced, and lesser pieces. We are buying EK in a $ deal. No Hayes, Hayes stays.

You of all people accusing others of posting "non sense"

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Seems like a perfectly fair contract for JVR. He's a great 5v5 producer whose numbers have been held down the last two years by Babcock using the AV theory of line deployment giving everyone 15 mins/game. He's also been great on the PP throughout his career.

Over the last two years his 5v5 pts/60 is within 0.05 in both directions of Staal/Barkov/Backstrom/Benn/Laine/Crosby/Schwartz/Kessel just he gets way less TOI.

Reactions: Elliman and Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Seems like a perfectly fair contract for JVR. He's a great 5v5 producer whose numbers have been held down the last two years by Babcock using the AV theory of line deployment giving everyone 15 mins/game. He's also been great on the PP throughout his career.

cap wise, it's less % than when Backes and Callahan signed their 6X6 deals. Good deal.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Tom Gulitti has a point. This ominious silence as we're approaching the final 25 minutes of the theoretical NYI deadline does sound like Luo Lamoriello.

What does that even mean? JT isn't signing with NYI but Lou got him to agree to keep quiet until tomorrow? Or JT is re-signing but Lou doesn't want to announce it until tomorrow? I'm not sure I follow.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

I remember back in the day refreshing TSN, dating myself there, before Twitter, waiting to see the Rangers grab Elias, and Lou from the clouds sniped him back from us out of nowhere.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
To be fair, I'd rather have JVR at 5x7 than Kane at 7x7

I'm surprised at how quickly Kane was able to erase his reputation problems. The Buff track suit incident, Kane being called selfish in a contract year and fighting with Falk in practice, to being traded, loved, and signed to a 7X7 deal.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Signing bonuses for July 1 are responsible by that players team once it turned midnight, right? Guys like ROR and Lucic will have their bonuses paid by the Sabres and Oilers?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Islanders will never get a break. :laugh:
They had a bonafide superstar, top 5 center who was a 2 time Hart nominee on their team for 10 years and only made it out of the first round one time because their organization failed to put a decent team around him. I don't blame him if he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad