Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XVI: C'mon, do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
upload_2018-6-25_9-11-54.png

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’m pretty confident a big deal will happen

I’m hoping a Hayes , Staal for Faulk type deal

Reactions: Ori

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
To be honest, I have no idea what to expect this offseason.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Gorton didn’t do much, also wouldn’t be shocked if the roster looks radically different.

Reactions: Ori

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zib
Andersson
Zuc
Skjei
Buch

in no particular order
move along with relocating Smith + Staal
move for long term profit

Zib is a difference maker available immediately, we should exploit that if there is enough reason/profit.

Andersson, I like, Chytil, we love
we can do some combo of Hayes, Chytil, Howden and Nieves [1st or 4th depending on chemistry w/Kreider]

Zuc, now that teams are no longer obliged to use 2018 currency, you can get 2019 picks or prospects, keep the rebuild

Skjei and Buch, just want to see if profit

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I'm going to be honest, if Hayes wants $5.5m on a long-term deal he should be dealt for max value right now.

I'd give Hayes that kind of money.

He put up good numbers with terrible usage (usage meaning he got mostly d-zone starts, not that he was playing over his head a la Girardi). He showed big improvement both offensively and defensively this year.

And we have no centers. And he seems like a solid leader in the locker room, and his age lines up with the team we're trying to build.

Deal Zucc, one of Spooner/Names, call it a day.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
To try to compete for playoff success is foolish..stay the course but I want Filip to get 2nd line minutes. So Hayes or Zib depending on everything of course.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I’d be talking to Columbus and offering Hayes+Zuccarello+ for Panarin.

But I also missed all of the discussion I’m sure everyone had on that topic, since I was out camping mostly without cell service since June 12. Luckily had WiFi the night of the draft!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
5.5 mil $ I don`t know @Matt4776 , but Hayes finished the season very well. I believe Gorton consider all options here going forward so it`s very hard to predict what is going to happen before this summer window is over.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I’d be talking to Columbus and offering Hayes+Zuccarello+ for Panarin.

But I also missed all of the discussion I’m sure everyone had on that topic, since I was out camping mostly without cell service since June 12. Luckily had WiFi the night of the draft!

No cell phone is peacful

Reactions: Tawnos

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Is this crazy?

Zib for Panarin?

A center for a winger - it`s not crazy, but CBJ won`t do it consider value. Maybe Miller prospect + Hayes for Panarin, CBJ can afford to wait with not NHL ready prospects. He had 82 pts this year, and 77, 74 the previous years - I really doubt CBJ is going to move him to be honest. :)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
A center for a winger - it`s not crazy, but CBJ won`t do it consider value. Maybe Miller prospect + Hayes for Panarin, CBJ can afford to wait with not NHL ready prospects.

Can they? They’ve been on the cusp of contending for years. I’d think they’d be looking to bring in players who can contribute now.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I want a proper rebuild, not some half-assed attempt where we end up with just 10-15 overall picks which result in a ECF appearance at best.

That is my hope too.

I'd like to see them bargain shop. Look for the next Grabner, Stralman, types. If not, even the next DD, Carey types who can just be bodies who take up some playing time but are not going to by default play above the prospects who make the team.

Reactions: jas

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Gorts will be busy for the first couple days of free agency. Teams will miss out on targets and be forced into making trades to fill the spots they had open.

Teams that miss out on Tavares and Stastny will circle back to Hayes. ROR is the only other building block center out there and he's getting $2M more than Hayes and will command a higher cost in trade.

Two targets for me:

Robin Lehner. Hank can take him under his wing and Benny can work with him. Could be a very shrewd signing on a two-year deal.

Martin Frk. Mediocre skater but can absolutely laser the puck. Decent tools and a good pickup for a team that should be exploring all options for younger wingers. Could see him evolving into a solid complimentary winger who can pot 20.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What's the need for Faulk with Pionk, ADA and Shattenkirk?

Two of them might not be legitimate NHL D?

But honestly, Faulk is too old and not quite good enough for me to want to target him. The only way I target someone over 25 in a trade right now is if they’re elite or near-elite level talent. Like Panarin. Anyone else just doesn’t fit a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->