Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
At Richter's jersey retirement, he was waiting in the wings as they announce him before this emotionally heavy experience. He's standing next to Rucinsky.

Richter has a water bottle in his hands, takes a swig, and then puts it in his pocket. Marty points at his jock and laughs. Mike gestures towards it in a lewd way, and everyone in the corridor is trying to hold it together. It was hilarious.

Then Mike walks out and cries with 18,000 of his best friends. That...oddly...is my favorite Rucinsky story. =P

Reactions: Thirty One

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
At Richter's jersey retirement, he was waiting in the wings as they announce him before this emotionally heavy experience. He's standing next to Rucinsky.

Richter has a water bottle in his hands, takes a swig, and then puts it in his pocket. Marty points at his jock and laughs. Mike gestures towards it in a lewd way, and everyone in the corridor is trying to hold it together. It was hilarious.

Then Mike walks out and cries with 18,000 of his best friends. That...oddly...is my favorite Rucinsky story. =P
Mine:

Reactions: mike14 and Kendo

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Especially when you’re not allowed to make a good clean open ice hit without getting your head beat in by the other teams tough guys.

Kadri is tough but he's not that tough. After messing with Georgiev he was ragdolled by Adam McQuaid in the 18-19 season--got up angry---looked at who it was and decided on discretion rather than valor. McQuaid was a seriously bad guy to get into a fight with.

That said I understood why Kadri did what he did. It was a clean hit by Lindgren but Donskoi didn't see it coming and the result was pretty nasty. Kadri very much took advantage of Lindgren by jumping him the way he did and that's why sometime in the relative near future I think a Ranger (maybe Lindgren--maybe someone else) should engage again with him. If it had been at least a relatively fairly fought squared off thing I wouldn't have an issue with Nazem....fine he was mad and wanted to fight and Ryan if he's going to throw hits like that should be ready to back it up but that wasn't fair and IMO Kadri took liberties so this is unresolved.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Kadri is tough but he's not that tough. After messing with Georgiev he was ragdolled by Adam McQuaid in the 18-19 season--got up angry---looked at who it was and decided on discretion rather than valor. McQuaid was a seriously bad guy to get into a fight with.

That said I understood why Kadri did what he did. It was a clean hit by Lindgren but Donskoi didn't see it coming and the result was pretty nasty. Kadri very much took advantage of Lindgren by jumping him the way he did and that's why sometime in the relative near future I think a Ranger (maybe Lindgren--maybe someone else) should engage again with him. If it had been at least a relatively fairly fought squared off thing I wouldn't have an issue with Nazem....fine he was mad and wanted to fight and Ryan if he's going to throw hits like that should be ready to back it up but that wasn't fair and IMO Kadri took liberties so this is unresolved.
It takes a few replays to see that the Lindgren hit was clean, and lots of people (wrong people) still think it was dirty after the replays. There's no way players on the ice should be expected to discern whether such hits are clean or dirty. That being said, I hope Kadri gets pummeled at the next opportunity.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why couldn’t he be tried at wing and forget the defense thing?
I suppose you could give it a shot, though in reality a guy who has spent his entire career playing defense making the switch to forward at 27 would probably be even more of a liability than what Gilmour already is.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It takes a few replays to see that the Lindgren hit was clean, and lots of people (wrong people) still think it was dirty after the replays. There's no way players on the ice should be expected to discern whether such hits are clean or dirty. That being said, I hope Kadri gets pummeled at the next opportunity.
Yup, when I saw it live I thought it was bad. Even after seeing the replay, I still had to check the rules to make sure the whole "player putting himself into a position where contact with his head was inevitable" thing was a correct interpretation (it is). And yet still, there are lots of people, and probably quite a few players, who disagree with the rule the way it exists.

Had it happened the other way around I would hope one of our guys would have jumped in. Even knowing it's clean. On those absolutely borderline plays that happen so fast, I'm okay with my guys defaulting to "stick up for my teammate" mode.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

It was clean but I'm pretty sure that Lindgren knew that Donskoi was vulnerable. That's why IMO Kadri went after him. The way that Kadri did it was cheap though. That's why I think it deserves payback. If you don't like a hit and want to fight the guy you should do it the right way. Kadri didn't. From my perspective though if you're cruising around looking to nail people all the time you should expect to have to defend yourself now and again. Mind you though that I like that Lindgren plays that kind of game. I like physical play and even if you like players on the other team when the game is on the opposition is the enemy. No point in being all that nice.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Lias Andersson for Henrik Borgstrom?? Rangers Panthers proposal

Borgstrom might be available with him threatening to go back to Finland. Rather go after him than pool party since he is a center.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lias Andersson for Henrik Borgstrom?? Rangers Panthers proposal

Borgstrom might be available with him threatening to go back to Finland. Rather go after him than pool party since he is a center.

You can't sign Borgstrom unless he has an NHL clause. The postive of acquiring Borgstrom is that he isn't eligible for an offer sheet as a 10.2(c) player so there's hardly any risk once you have his rights.

And of course, he's a safer bet than Puljujarvi who is an even bigger gamble than Lias at this point

Reactions: mschmidt64

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
What does this mean?

there is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, so if he signs a deal in the KHL then he can't sign and come over until that deal is over...there are conditions in which a player can buyout his own KHL contract but I don't know what those are exactly

Reactions: Thirty One

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
there is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, so if he signs a deal in the KHL then he can't sign and come over until that deal is over...there are conditions in which a player can buyout his own KHL contract but I don't know what those are exactly
Ok assuming he signs a KHL deal, got it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
You can't sign Borgstrom unless he has an NHL clause. The postive of acquiring Borgstrom is that he isn't eligible for an offer sheet as a 10.2(c) player so there's hardly any risk once you have his rights.

And of course, he's a safer bet than Puljujarvi who is an even bigger gamble than Lias at this point

Why do you think he's a safer bet? He's almost a year over and not exactly coming off a good season.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
What if Borgstrom signs in the KHL?
well if it's a 1 year deal, It's cool. Any longer might give me pause

If the team was actually interested in trading for him, I'd assume they would be able to work something out and get him to not go to the KHL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IDK about Borgstrom. Other than running out on his team, they've been pretty damn similar in terms of production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad