Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I don’t think that’s true but I didn’t watch any games this year and was only able to follow the team through this thread 🤷‍♂️

Maybe a better way of putting it is "hard to believe this is the team that won the president's trophy, given how last season ended, and the injuries and underperformances we've had this season." Really a "next man up" kinda season, the kind that usually doesn't end with a team at 1st in the league

Reactions: bernmeister

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That leaves 17 teams. He could easily make it 17 teams that don’t need or have room for him… it’s not that difficult
Or the team could easily trade him to one of those 17. Team could take cap back in a player they want or there could be a third team involved. Most players are going to list teams they DONT want to play for, because there are always ways of getting around cap issues if you want. My point is he doesn’t have a full no trade clause. It’s very possible to trade him, IF the team even wants to.

Reactions: leetch99

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers should instruxt the person that helped Brian Boyle skating to help Matt Rempe skating. Maybe they can just hire Brian Boyle to help him with skating. Brian Boyle's balance wasn't great either when he started his NHL career.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Rangers should instruxt the person that helped Brian Boyle skating to help Matt Rempe skating. Maybe they can just hire Brian Boyle to help him with skating. Brian Boyle's balance wasn't great either when he started his NHL career.
I believe she is under a personal service contract with the Tampa Bay lightning.
Barb Underhill(?)

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Our goaltenders won us a lot of hockey games .....the playoffs are a whole new season . We need 16 wins any way we can get them . We can do it if we get the extra effort from our forward crew and steady timely goaltending and some no frills clearing by our D......the puck clearing by our D is what scares me the most . When they F Up and circle back......you know an extended shift and giveaway is not far away .

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Our goaltenders won us a lot of hockey games .....the playoffs are a whole new season . We need 16 wins any way we can get them . We can do it if we get the extra effort from our forward crew and steady timely goaltending and some no frills clearing by our D......the puck clearing by our D is what scares me the most . When they F Up and circle back......you know an extended shift and giveaway is not far away .
i disagree entirely, the patient breakout creates space and a lane to actually skate with the puck - drawing defenders and opening passing lanes.

the chip clear -> opponent right back on the attack or the weak forward board play that leads to Turnover or D pinch is what gets us.

i am totally on board with simpler dumping strategy if possession entry isn't there

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
lol that may have been true for that game.

Rempes top speed is below average.

View attachment 851720

Players on the Rangers who have hit a higher top gear this year

-Kreider
-Zibanejad
-Roslovic
-Lafreniere
-Trocheck
-Panarin
-Cuylle
-Wennberg
-Brodzinski
-Wheeler
-Pitlick
-Edstrom
-Goodrow
-Miller
-Schneider
-Gus
No he won't.

He literally cannot go any faster than he already has. Thats his top gear, he isn't going to be faster than Kreider, Schneider, Miller or Roslovic.

Or Zibanejad, Lafreniere or Chytil for that matter.

Anyway his top gear isn't really the problem. His turns can be timed with a sun dial.
Looks like I was right my friend, he did it the very next game.

9q2rJKX.png

Passed Zibanejad, Panarin, Cuylle, Chytil, Wennberg, Wheeler, Goodrow, Gustafsson, Pitlick etc now

• Love
Reactions: bernmeister

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Looks like I was right my friend, he did it the very next game.

9q2rJKX.png

Passed Zibanejad, Panarin, Cuylle, Chytil, Wennberg, Wheeler, Goodrow, Gustafsson, Pitlick etc now

He was within range of most of those guys (with the exception of Zib and I think Wheeler, but thats a pretty big jump for him.)

Chytil will blow by him the second he gets reps. He's been a near 23 or 23+ MPH guy before.

Either way it was never really a convo about his straight line speed. His agility is abysmal.

Perhaps he should have continued being slow though. He got f***ing tanked on when he was on the ice yesterday.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rempe is like the fat, unusually tall kid on the rec soccer team. He's not very good but he can kick the shit out of the ball and everyone gets excited when he starts dribbling because who knows what the f*** will happen next--he might fall on a kid and kill him, he might kick the ball and hit another kid in the face and kill him, or he might even score a goal!

Those kids sometimes become legit beasts as they grow older, but usually they're just fat, unusually tall kids that switch to football and play a crappy right tackle for three years in high school before they quit because both knees have exploded.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Rempe is like the fat, unusually tall kid on the rec soccer team. He's not very good but he can kick the shit out of the ball and everyone gets excited when he starts dribbling because who knows what the f*** will happen next--he might fall on a kid and kill him, he might kick the ball and hit another kid in the face and kill him, or he might even score a goal!

Those kids sometimes become legit beasts as they grow older, but usually they're just fat, unusually tall kids that switch to football and play a crappy right tackle for three years in high school before they quit because both knees have exploded.
These kids would play D because it was difficult for them to run forward (and back). But caroms off of them into own net were “glorious”

Reactions: nyr2k2

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

still think this organization can mold Rempe into something special on that 4th line.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

yes perhaps sometimes this applies
but Rempe does not look fat
'lean mean fighting machine' is possibly a little generous, but closer to reality
imo

still think this organization can mold Rempe into something special on that 4th line.
at min
would not be surprised if he winds up on a higher line down the road

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Will they dress Rempe for game 1 on home ice and us with the last change ? I say dress him and go from there after that . Surely we can play him for a couple of periods without too much trouble and see where things are in the 3rd lead wise and see what transpires with Wilson if we are 2-3 goals ahead .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Will they dress Rempe for game 1 on home ice and us with the last change ? I say dress him and go from there after that . Surely we can play him for a couple of periods without too much trouble and see where things are in the 3rd lead wise and see what transpires with Wilson if we are 2-3 goals ahead .
kid deserves to play anyway, our record of more Ws than without him, by a large margin btw, fully justifies that.
But yr astute pt about countering Wilson is an added factor

NO ? NONE
Rem should be playing every game rd 1
NO EXCEPTIONS

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Lineup Game1:
Panarin - Trochek - Laffy
Kreider - Chytil - Roslovic
Cuylle - Zibanejad - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Rempe

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Jones - Trouba

Igor

Give the top three lines 53 minutes.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Lineup Game1:

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Jones - Trouba

Igor

Lol yeah the coach is going to mix and match the lines in Game 1 of the playoffs after winning the President's Trophy.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Lineup Game1:

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Jones - Trouba

Igor

Insanity. Continuing to think they’ll split Mika and Kreider now.

Rempe will always look awkward, take penalties and not do much more than run into people. He’s a fun novelty but now is playoffs and time for the hockey players.

Hoping Chytil can play so we can avoid AHL guys

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The more control Rempe plays with, the better he'll be.

They can set up some brutal dump and chases. He doesn't need to be fast, just fast enough.

He's not going to every be able to play at his size with speed in open ice, his center of gravity is going to be so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad