Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
"Remember, chemistry is a real thing"

-The guy who wants to trade every player in the organization except Boo Nieves for prospects
disingenuous and erroneous, consider yourself entirely rebuffed

Your inference, whether you realize it or not, is chemistry is the exclusive domain of the vets

Ef that bs narrative
Entirely possible youth can have chemistry also.
GIVEN THAT REALITY, why tether excessively to vets who yeah, have experience, but are usually slower and wear out more readily than younger counterparts AND, also UNARGUABLY, are usually more expensive than younger counterparts.

For shame @SA16 I had higher regard for you.

Reactions: eyjee

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This team broke their record for most wins in a season, and are on the verge of winning the president’s trophy but you would not think it from reading this forum.

Everyone is more hyped about a 6’7” 4th liner who will likely be the 13th forward for the playoffs. Then you have a guy who has a chance to hit 40+ plus goals again , is a home grown drafted Ranger and people are like meh…..he needs to be better.
He does not need to be better if you are happy with what he does now. Some of us look for more when we know they can up their game . Maybe once you follow a team for over 50 years you will understand and realize one cup in 80 years does not cut it .

It's like sex....once a week/month might be enough for some ......but if you know that twice a week/month is possible....you push for that . Only a few would would find anything wrong with that ...right ????

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
1. we need effective scoring F on top of D, so you're not automatically wrong, but can be a matter of taking care not to rob Peter to pay Paul.

2. Doubt we get a taker who pays more for a package. If anything, more likely to want a volume discount. A unique situation, or one having multiple pieces for multiple pieces can max return. But if multiple pieces for fewer pieces/single piece, not seeing more value than if those 3 are sold separately. Also again, under almost no circumstances, KK should NOT be sold now, would be selling too low, his value will increase w/decent term contract extension and improved production if full time on line w/Cuylle + proper pivot [Chytil or other].
"We need a scoring Forward"

* Continually proposes to trade Lafreniere for futures *

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
"We need a scoring Forward"

* Continually proposes to trade Lafreniere for futures *
not exactly accurate
While Reinbacher is a prospect 1.5 yrs away, so futures is fair there, Guhle IS already NHL here, so NOT a future there. Also said need for a + from NY side and ++ from MON side. These = signif proft

Stop w/bs win now
We do not have enuf to win unless we get lucky
POs = reduced penalties, PP opportunities
zero shoot outs
It is all about even strength,
we suck 5 x 5 except the Tro line

we STILL need multiple moves to improve
WAKE UP

call em like I see 'em

cue commercial:
you know blowout is coming...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Theres absolutely no reason to breakup the Bread line.

Did anyone ever think that part of the reason why hes had such a fabulous year and has had the highest point output of his career is partly due to his linemates?

Hes such a threat you dont want to mess with that chemistry, even if you believe the above isnt true. Dont mess with a very good thing

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Theres absolutely no reason to breakup the Bread line.

Did anyone ever think that part of the reason why hes had such a fabulous year and has had the highest point output of his career is partly due to his linemates?

Hes such a threat you dont want to mess with that chemistry, even if you believe the above isnt true. Dont mess with a very good thing
Agreed. While all 3 are here, no moving bread/Tro/LaF

that is a separate ?, howev, from whether or not somebody has put overpay on the table in acceptable currency for Rs.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I don’t think you are selling high on Lafreniere if you move him now. I think Lafreniere with an establish role and established linemates can get him to jump another level. To me selling high means you don’t think it gets better than this year. Also I’m not breaking up the top line. KK I don’t really WANT to trade, but recognize it might be economically prudent to do so. I think he is a nice chip and wouldn’t move him just to get rid.

I think if Othmann was going, he would have went for Guentzel.

Now, I think he stays to replace Kakko, and Lindgren gets a contract he won’t deserve. This obviously isn’t what I would do though
Yeah. Agree with this.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know bud, I was just being an ass!

How about a plague of locusts?

Saturday was the 84th anniversary of the rangers 1940 cup win.

They also secured their 54th win on that day.

Rangers ended their 54 year drought in 1994.

Freemasons are flipping out right now killing goats and putting their life savings on the Rangers.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Do we think that Goodrow and Trouba have any trade value, even to ship them off for nothing as long as we don't need to add significant assets just to get someone to pick them up? Would other teams want them?

1) Trouba has just 2 years and he's 30 years old, and RDs are tough to find. Would someone want him instead of signing a UFA for tons of money?

2) Goodrow would probably require us to add given his income and 3 years left on his term. Would someone take him if we add a 3rd rounder or would it have to be something much more significant?

If we could dump them, we'd have close to $12 million left assuming the following lineup:

C: Zib, Trochek, Chytil, Brodzinski/Edstrom
LW: Kreider, Panarin, Cuylle, Othmann/Vesey
RW: Laf, ???, Kakko, Vesey/Rempe

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
??? - Jones
Cheap UFA#7

Having $12M would give the Rangers a chance to sign a very good 2RW (Tarasenko?) and 3LW, and still have room.

Reactions: mas0764

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Do we think that Goodrow and Trouba have any trade value, even to ship them off for nothing as long as we don't need to add significant assets just to get someone to pick them up? Would other teams want them?

1) Trouba has just 2 years and he's 30 years old, and RDs are tough to find. Would someone want him instead of signing a UFA for tons of money?

2) Goodrow would probably require us to add given his income and 3 years left on his term. Would someone take him if we add a 3rd rounder or would it have to be something much more significant?

If we could dump them, we'd have close to $12 million left assuming the following lineup:

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
??? - Jones
Cheap UFA#7

Having $12M would give the Rangers a chance to sign a very good 2RW (Tarasenko?) and 3LW, and still have room.
How much are you signing Kakko for? And the odds of moving Trouba are very very low.
Not because of his play, but his ntc. More likely to be able to move ck.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Will you settle for cicadas? Supposed to get a shit loaf of them this year
It’s all coming together….

How much are you signing Kakko for? And the odds of moving Trouba are very very low.
This season it becomes just a 15 team no trade list. As per Trouba. CK is a good value and going nowhere IMO.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
It’s all coming together….

This season it becomes just a 15 team no trade list. As per Trouba. CK is a good value and going nowhere IMO.
That leaves 17 teams. He could easily make it 17 teams that don’t need or have room for him… it’s not that difficult

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
??? - Jones
Cheap UFA#7

Good is 3.x retain 1.x per, he is neutral-> nominally positive value
in that scenario figure Good + 6th gets a 3rd
something like that
close to zero chance he's taken no retention
and w/o retention, signif add, not like a 3rd, is required

Troub moveable at best case IMO reduced to 6.5 per
he nets like a 2nd + a 3rd retained

Kreider mo in demand but not going anywhere
after this season, Troub = ntc, not nmc
He will be moved not ck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad