Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Something in my water just tells me this trade deadline we see an old friends reunited act. I think any one of Vatrano, Tarasenko, a-n-other is arriving back on Broadway.

Personally wouldn't be at all thrilled with Vatrano and the associated cost. Asking again, though - would the Sens be permitted to retain on Tarasenko? Anyone? 🤣

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Something in my water just tells me this trade deadline we see an old friends reunited act. I think any one of Vatrano, Tarasenko, a-n-other is arriving back on Broadway.

Personally wouldn't be at all thrilled with Vatrano and the associated cost. Asking again, though - would the Sens be permitted to retain on Tarasenko? Anyone? 🤣
PLEASE -- no ex-Rangers.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
news starts flying fast
iu

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
There’s just not a lot out there at the deadline, so a reunion with a player wouldn’t surprise me. There’s a part of me that agrees with Larry Brooks that the Rangers need to get tougher to play against, but what that means is subjective.

I could see Vatrano. Has familiarity with Zibanejad and Kreider (who are running out of excuses IMO), has the extra year, and if you can get Anaheim to retain it fills the roll while giving some cap flexibility next year.

I like Tarasenko a lot, but he’s not shooting as well as he has, and that’s something the Rangers need. You’re trading for him hoping he turns that around.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The only player rumored to be available that I would be okay moving the 2024 1st for is Yanni Gourde, especially if he’s retained like 25%. Another year on his deal, 2 Cups, a leader, and a perfect fit.

No other name rumored is worth a 1st other than Hanifin who isn’t a fit here.

If you can condition the pick on a Conference Finals appearance, even better.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm not as concerned about the 1st this year as it's pretty close to being a 2nd and we have a good group coming behind the core, Othmann, Sykora, Berard, Perrault, BMB, Robertson, Jones(if hes still here). It's time to make the march, if Panarin starts to drop off the next couple years our window could.get delayed.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not as concerned about the 1st this year as it's pretty close to being a 2nd and we have a good group coming behind the core, Othmann, Sykora, Berard, Perrault, BMB, Robertson, Jones(if hes still here). It's time to make the march, if Panarin starts to drop off the next couple years our window could.get delayed.
We have a dearth of centers and defensemen, though, and any 1st round pick has value. There are players to be found at the end of the round. Given our history, I trust this team to pick at the end of the round more than I do at the beginning of the round.

If we're trading our 1st, it better be for a player who is going to be here for a number of years, not just 1 or 2 playoff runs.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Necas on the market?

Citing a "reliable" source, Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports that the Croline Hurricanes are willing to listen to offers for the services of forward Martin Necas .

The 25-year-old center has 18 goals and 42 points in 53 games this season, after scoring 28 goals and 71 points in 82 games last season. Necas could get a significant raise from his current $3M salary as he faces becoming a restricted free agent in July.

Selected 12th in the 2017 draft, Necas scored 91 goals and collected 232 points in 338 games with the Hurricanes.

Carolina is closing in on its sixth straight playoff appearance and looking to take one last step forward after being eliminated in the conference finals last year. The team currently sits in second place in the Metropolitan Division, seven points behind the New York Rangers .

Rumeurs LNH : le prix pour Vladimir Tarasenko | RDS

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Again, no trading the 2024 #1 unless the player back is 28 years old or younger with at least 2 more years of team control in addition to this season.

Thank you and good night.

I'd rather get a rental, or someone with one year left, than someone signed long term that will affect the cap situation when they need to re-sign Kakko, Lafreniere, Cuylle, Schneider, and Miller.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd rather get a rental, or someone with one year left, than someone signed long term that will affect the cap situation when they need to re-sign Kakko, Lafreniere, Cuylle, Schneider, and Miller.

The cap will be going up and even just a buyout of Goodrow and trading of Lindgren only will give them enough cap space to re-sign everyone and likely go get someone like Forsling or Hanifin in UFA. They should have cap space or at least readily available paths to getting some as needed

Reactions: kovazub94

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Don't gloss over the fact that it's been publicly reported that Dolan himself is putting pressure to keep our first rounder out of his own self interest. He's a part owner of the sphere in Vegas where the draft is being held. His little peepee wants his team to be apart of the spotlight. Personally, I salute the bozo because I'd like to keep our first this year as well

Reactions: RangersFan1994

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The cap will be going up and even just a buyout of Goodrow and trading of Lindgren only will give them enough cap space to re-sign everyone and likely go get someone like Forsling or Hanifin in UFA. They should have cap space or at least readily available paths to getting some as needed

Pretty big assumption that they are interested in trading Lindgren who has played on the top pairing for three years straight. Buying out Goodrow also doesn't help re-signing those guys since he would have a 3.5M hit in 26-27 anyway.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Pretty big assumption that they are interested in trading Lindgren who has played on the top pairing for three years straight. Buying out Goodrow also doesn't help re-signing those guys since he would have a 3.5M hit in 26-27 anyway.

Again, cap space will increase as we move forward

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I do think we're at a point now with some of our defenders where I'd be comfortable promoting them.

The difference between Trouba and Schneider isn't huge. Trouba isn't consistent enough for what he makes. Combine that with the giant cap savings that you'd get.... The leadership and physicality is nice and all but Schneider has that mean streak in him as well. I think he's pulled it back a bit at this level to refine his game and not take himself out of position to make a big hit, but its there.

Lindgren's durability is questionable. Even if he's not missing games you know he's always playing banged up. That's effecting his game. K'Andre with Fox would be interesting. I'd have zero issue if Drury shipped out both this summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad