Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So glad they traded for Rosloshit, who’s “fast and does stuff”

I wanted him as the wild card for offense.

He has warts but he's electric

Defense was AWFUL yesterday.

Trouba and Lindgren can’t come back soon enough.
even Gus.

The Jones Fox pairing was rough.... well Jones got somewhat exposed

One of the LHD hopefully play in Colorado

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I wanted him as the wild card for offense.

He has warts but he's electric

even Gus.

The Jones Fox pairing was rough.... well Jones got somewhat exposed

One of the LHD hopefully play in Colorado
Yeah and wasn’t Duclair pretty much a similar cost of what the Rangers paid to get Rosloshit? Such an underwhelming player. He’s just fast athletic and agile and “exists” out there and never does anything.

Reactions: UnparalledPark

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah and wasn’t Duclair pretty much a similar cost of what the Rangers paid to get Rosloshit? Such an underwhelming player. He’s just fast athletic and agile and “exists” out there and never does anything.
His turnovers have been egregious. Looks like a controller disconnect

Reactions: Atax

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Bern most of these veteran players want term. They have families. They don't want to bounce around from team to team. Again, you pull the NMC off the table and then you're telling these high end free agents or players to f*** right off.

It also makes you non competitive on the RFA/UFA market because every other team offers them. It’s not realistic. As usual.

Reactions: Kendo

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I wouldve been ok with Duclair - living with his deficiencies defensively.

But putting 5-4-9 since the trade is a huge add and it wouldn't even matter with that kind of production. Only 2 of those points are PP and they are assists.

And if he was on Mika's right the other two are responsible, he might have been a good fit.

I was watching Roslovic a little closer last night, was hoping for a little more energy from him. And better puck management. Hes a good fit but Lavy mixed in Kakko for some better defense at the end anyway, could have done similar using Duclair. Hes a threat every shift.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldve been ok with Duclair - living with his deficiencies defensively.

But putting 5-4-9 since the trade is a huge add and it wouldn't even matter with that kind of production. Only 2 of those points are PP and they are assists.

And if he was on Mika's right the other two are responsible, he might have been a good fit.

I was watching Roslovic a little closer last night, was hoping for a little more energy from him. And better puck management. Hes a good fit but Lavy mixed in Kakko for some better defense at the end anyway, could have done similar using Duclair. Hes a threat every shift.
At this point there might not be a good fit for them.
Roslovic has speed but it's very physical. So you're not really expecting much of a dump and chase from him where he comes out of that battle often. Zibanejad will carry the puck for the most part through the middle and then turn it over. Until the style of play changes, I'm not sure who you're putting there that's going to really change them.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Duclair has also been playing with two superior players for the most part, I doubt he’d be putting up those numbers playing with Kreider and Zibanejad.
He also cost more than what Roslovic did in a trade, so it makes sense why Drury had Pacioretty/Roslovic as fallback options while mainly trying to get Guentzel.

It was a conditional 4th like 3 years from now to get him at 50%. You can easily recoup that pick in the future

Reactions: DanielBrassard

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Nothing was as bad as this..

View attachment 841584
I'd say this was.

images.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One bad defensive game and we're immediately jumping to "we need the guys who are out" amidst probably our best stretch of play all year.

We looked like that every night when the guys who are out were in.

If Hartford was chock full of nothing but defensemen that were in reality better than Jacob Trouba and Ryan Lindgren they'd have about 6 losses this year.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Hartford was chock full of nothing but defensemen that were in reality better than Jacob Trouba and Ryan Lindgren they'd have about 6 losses this year.
Random nobodies from Hartford play 12 minutes. Trouba plays 25 minutes.

If Trouba were treated in accordance with his actual quality, he wouldn't be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00