Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VIII: Autumn in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
No, they aren't. And pot, meet kettle. A lot of organizations make moves their fans disagree with. Didn't philly just send down Sanheim? Their fans weren't happy about that.
Sure, being upset because the team did something you don’t agree with is one thing

Saying that the organization should trade a legit blue ship prospect that’s only been with the organization for a year because he couldn’t make the team at 19 and is losing value is different, in my opinion

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rangers fans are indeed just as bad.

Playing Skjei over Graves? Oh my god. How can AV be so stupid?
Trading McIlrath to Florida? Bad move. He never got a chance!
Signing Grabner? Oh my god. How can we do this? He's done!

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Nieves post-game was already at the XL Center. After finishing a workout, he was chatting with the Rangers new Director of Player Development, ex-Pack Jed Ortmeyer, and Rangers’ Special Advisor, Brian Leetch.

Had a chance to chat with Ortmeyer during the pre-game. The Rangers reached out to him for the position.

“Dru (GM, Chris Drury) and I had the same agent, so that’s where it started and I got a nice call from Adam Graves as well. It’s always nice to be wanted.”

With a truncated pre-season evaluation process time has shrunk.

“You try to see how some chemistry might form, how guys handle different situations and who handles them well. We get a pretty good baseline from out of the main camp and some are more advanced because we have seen them since Traverse City.”

Ortmeyer is working with the rest of the executive team in the big job of overhauling the team. “That’s the plan, and we’re just starting.”

http://www.howlings.net/2017/10/01/cantlon-wolf-pack-shutout-in-pre-season-opener/

Nice quote from Ortmeyer. The Rangers will need to keep and add picks. Draft well. Scout. Draft. Develop. They can't rely on college free agents. They have a major job ahead of them.

You forgot one thing: Be incredibly Lucky that their prospects develop.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
If Beer Gloves goes home that means Hartfords great looking D is less great looking, with Day back to juniors and Zborovskiy maybe back to juniors suddenly the depth isn't amazing.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Still have Pionk Pedrie Graves Gilmour. I hadn’t heard Zborovskiy might go back to juniors. Kotyk was sent to ECHL, but could get called back.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Still have Pionk Pedrie Graves Gilmour. I hadn’t heard Zborovskiy might go back to juniors. Kotyk was sent to ECHL, but could get called back.

Zborovskiy wasn't named on Hartfords roster nor was he named on the cuts, which suggests he's probably heading back to Regina, haven't seen anything confirmed though.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We should get Vatrano or Rychel. Depth is depth.

Ridiculous that Jagr went for that cheap. That’s where I’ll leave it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We should get Vatrano or Rychel. Depth is depth.

Ridiculous that Jagr went for that cheap. That’s where I’ll leave it.

Man, if we can claim Vatrano or Rychel that would be amazing.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Nash-Chytil-Zuccarello
Vatrano/Rychel-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Desharnais-Vesey

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Here's something really whack...

https://www.capfriendly.com/transactions/recalls-reassignments

Since the Expansion draft, there have been 329 players waived...

169 Players are on waivers as of today
145 Players have Cleared Waivers as of today
10 have been placed on Unconditional waivers for buy out/termination purposes
3 players have been loaned to teams outside of the NHL.
ONE PLAYER HAS BEEN CLAIMED--That is Jordan Nolan by the Buffalo Sabres

Like, what the f***... is everyone just afraid to do anything?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Also, heads up, Cap Friendly is reporting that Kovacs was NOT placed on Unconditional waivers, but standard waivers...

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
No one is worth claiming

All the guys that have been sent down thus far aren’t special. Every team has those guys

Final roster cuts is when you’ll see people to claimed. It might not be a lot but

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Here's something really whack...

https://www.capfriendly.com/transactions/recalls-reassignments

Since the Expansion draft, there have been 329 players waived...

169 Players are on waivers as of today
145 Players have Cleared Waivers as of today
10 have been placed on Unconditional waivers for buy out/termination purposes
3 players have been loaned to teams outside of the NHL.
ONE PLAYER HAS BEEN CLAIMED--That is Jordan Nolan by the Buffalo Sabres

Like, what the ****... is everyone just afraid to do anything?

I was hoping the expansion draft was the reason but it seems more and more that's not the problem. For over a year, people have been saying that free agency, trades and waiver claims will finally happen after the expansion draft. The flood gates didn't open.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Rychel finally waived by TML - had a strong AHL season last year, still only turning 23 next week

is he worth a claim?

I believe that was who Columbus ended up choosing with the 1st round pick we sent them in the Nash trade - don't know if he'd help the team, but would be kind of amusing to take him from waivers.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
A few interesting forwards on waivers today, guys like Rychel, Jurco, Read, Conacher, Pulkkinen and Di Giuseppe would all be solid depth adds imo.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I believe that was who Columbus ended up choosing with the 1st round pick we sent them in the Nash trade - don't know if he'd help the team, but would be kind of amusing to take him from waivers.

For the sole purposes that he was taken with our 2013 1st rounder, I would absolutely take him... LOL It's like destiny...

Except not when he flounders, LOL...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
These players are on waivers today:

Anthony Peluso
Brandon Bollig
Brandon Mashinter
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrey Pedan
Cory Conacher
Troy Grosenick
Brian Strait
Andreas Martinsen
Byron Froese
Garnet Hathaway
Luke Gazdic
Malcolm Subban
Colin Greening
Vincent LoVerde
Chris Mueller
Kerby Rychel
Ben Smith
Garret Sparks
Ryan Murphy
JC Lipon
Steve Bernier
Stephen Gionta
Patrik Nemeth
Curtis McKenzie

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A few interesting forwards on waivers today, guys like Rychel, Jurco, Read, Conacher, Pulkkinen and Di Giuseppe would all be solid depth adds imo.

Read is making 3m+. I don't want to claim him at that cap hit. Pulkkinen is one of those players who could shine with a change of scenery. I am not sure about the rest although Conacher is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad