Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VIII: Autumn in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Not saying i would definitely claim either of them, but they're all intresting imo, all clearly better then Desjardins.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
List is getting bigger.

These players are on waivers today:

Anthony Peluso
Brandon Bollig
Brandon Mashinter
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrey Pedan
Cory Conacher
Troy Grosenick
Brian Strait
Andreas Martinsen
Byron Froese
Garnet Hathaway
Luke Gazdic
Malcolm Subban
Colin Greening
Vincent LoVerde
Chris Mueller
Kerby Rychel
Ben Smith
Garret Sparks
Ryan Murphy
JC Lipon
Steve Bernier
Stephen Gionta
Patrik Nemeth
Curtis McKenzie
Jordan Binnington
Brian Gibbons
Ryan Sproul
David Booth
Gabriel Bourque
John Ramage
Phillip Di Giuseppe
Matt Read
Tomas Jurco
Jean-Francois Berube
Jordin Tootoo

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Going to post this again--the ONLY source that stated Kovacs was being placed on unconditional waivers was Zipay (tweet in the article below)

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/201...-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination

NOBODY else is reporting this, so I am wondering if Zipay got it wrong (color me shocked)

It is also reported in a number of tweets in the hours preceding zipay’s. Seems to have much to do with the charges against him and the death of his friend over the summer.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Going to post this again--the ONLY source that stated Kovacs was being placed on unconditional waivers was Zipay (tweet in the article below)

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/201...-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination

NOBODY else is reporting this, so I am wondering if Zipay got it wrong (color me shocked)
I mentioned this in another thread where you shared this info, but Kovacs is waiver exempt. He doesn't need to clear waivers to be sent to minor league camp. If he was waived, it was for a purpose other than assigning him to the minors (which wouldn't make sense to do anyway since he was already there). What other reason would there be to waive him other than to terminate his contract?

FWIW Capfriendly is a great source of info, but they get things wrong. They had us giving a QO to Donnay and Catenacci when neither received one. They also listed nothing for Paliotta for two weeks when everyone else said he wasn't qualified.

Reactions: Revel

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This isn't correct, just that they have to go through waivers again for us to send them down to Hartford.

They have to go on the NHL roster, but you have every right to waive them again. They are required to pass through waivers completely before they can be assigned to the AHL

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I believe that was who Columbus ended up choosing with the 1st round pick we sent them in the Nash trade - don't know if he'd help the team, but would be kind of amusing to take him from waivers.

This is even better when you remember we got Buchnevich with the 3rd from the Gaborik trade.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
This isn't correct, just that they have to go through waivers again for us to send them down to Hartford.
Got it. I knew it wasn't as easy as claiming them and sticking them in the AHL. Would be no reason not to claim someone at that point.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I believe that was who Columbus ended up choosing with the 1st round pick we sent them in the Nash trade - don't know if he'd help the team, but would be kind of amusing to take him from waivers.
Correct, he was the huge loss in that trade, who was gonna save our team

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Rychel finally waived by TML - had a strong AHL season last year, still only turning 23 next week

is he worth a claim?

Rychel is a weird one. Initially labeled a power forward, but i think more a grinder type. Gritty...But doesn't seem to bring that every night. For that role, there is no in-between. I like character guys like him, but question if his skating is good enough to make it at the NHL level, which I would assume is why he was waived.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I'd like Rychel or especially Vatrano, think they're better versions of Puempel. Bringing Pumps in was a smart move even if he had a weak camp and probably won't be a difference maker. Bring in a guy with skill, put him in easier matchups than he'd probably get in most places because of our team depth, and hope he clicks.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Conacher would be good AHL depth as well.

You don't pluck players off waivers for AHL depth.

This isn't just an unwritten old boys club view in the NHL (although fairly respected by GMs), these players have families. You take a player off waivers if you want to give them a legitimate shot at your roster, not hoard talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->