Roster Building Thread: Part VII (2023-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m hoping you meant in relation to other NHL players.. And even then he had a long career, which is in part to him understanding the game and how to fill a role that provides value enough to keep getting contracts.

I’d say his opinion is worth something.
I'm not sure I really have an opinion on Rupp. With that said, I can look at someone like Mike Milbury, who had a similar career to Rupp plus gigs as a coach and GM, and state unequivocally that he is a f***ing moron and his opinions are as valid as my 8-year-old daughter's. And it has nothing to do with him being affiliated with Boston and the Isles, and everything to do with him being a moron.

(I actually don't even know why we're talking about Rupp; I joined late, LOL.)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think it frees Braden to move up the ice more though.....instead of being the guy covering all the time for his partner.
Yup, that's the outcome. Personally, I don't want to Schneider to move up the ice more, especially with the puck. I don't think it's his forte. I'd be happy with him being a lindgren.

Reactions: eco's bones

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This right here is another reason why Sather needs to go.

"NHL insider Elliotte Friedman shed some light on it, saying, “Not everyone in the Rangers organization wanted to do Babcock, but I think there were some who wanted to pursue it.” Yet, who were these Babcock enthusiasts? At the time, it seemed like Glen Sather, the former GM, and James Dolan’s advisor, might have been among them."

It's one thing for an owner to not know about the perils of adding Babcock but for a guy who's been around the league all his life in Sather, to not know is mind boggling.
All I can say is, we’re lucky JD isn’t with the rangers these days. And i say that as someone who likes JD generally.

I honestly think Drury took the team over fully after this season, Gallant gone, all the old development guys are gone, trainers out, etc etc. This team has taken a 180 after this playoffs.
Was thinking this too. Feel that Drury walked into some existing situations he had to untie and some he had to wait out. Going forward, this seems to be fully his ship for the first time. Interested to see how it goes.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yup, that's the outcome. Personally, I don't want to Schneider to move up the ice more, especially with the puck. I don't think it's his forte. I'd be happy with him being a lindgren.

I think Schneider has more of an offensive skillset than Lindgren does. His timing sometimes finding soft spaces in the offensive zone is one thing.....a better shot. I don't think he's reached his upside at all. He's only like 21/22. By the time he hits 25 he should have more the two way game....maybe something like Ryan McDonagh. Having 3 young defensemen like Fox, K'Andre and Schneider is just f***ing fantastic IMO.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Does Chytil/Lindgren/Othmann get us Zegs? Add 1st? How tf is buffalo gonna beat that? If Drury fuc*s this up if it's true he's being shopped I'm gonna flip tf out.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Does Chytil/Lindgren/Othmann get us Zegs? Add 1st? How tf is buffalo gonna beat that? If Drury fuc*s this up if it's true he's being shopped I'm gonna flip tf out.

I think that kind of deal is what it would take, but that is a huge over pay. Not saying I wouldn't be open to the idea, but I can't see Drury doing that.

Reactions: bhamill

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I think that kind of deal is what it would take, but that is a huge over pay. Not saying I wouldn't be open to the idea, but I can't see Drury doing that.

Gross Overpayment

Yeah. Just seeing that IG post, man, that kid would fit so well on this team and having him and Fox and (ugh) Quick would be so sweet to have fans as top players. Would be sooo Montreal of us to do.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
that's too much. Zegras is not the typical type to find success in the Playoffs. Chytil and Othmann are. I'd be weary of trading for more 'pure skill', ( unless he is somehow replacing Panarin )

I don't see a world where we could trade for him this season. Maybe next offseason if he takes a 1 year deal.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
that's too much. Zegras is not the typical type to find success in the Playoffs. Chytil and Othmann are. I'd be weary of trading for more 'pure skill', ( unless he is somehow replacing Panarin )

I don't see a world where we could trade for him this season. Maybe next offseason if he takes a 1 year deal.

this is the kind of NYR move that has doomed NYR for generations. We need cost controlled low point production (low salary) but good winning players.

zegras is a punk ass bitch. Would turn us into Leafs territory of how sackless we'd be in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad