Roster Building Thread: Part VII (2023-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kakko Kaapo
I get that some fans, and maybe even sometimes reporters (although it's their job to get this stuff right) make mistakes like this. It's an unconventional name for English speakers anyway.

But your own social media team? JFC...
F6aRaXnXEAAkSDM.jpg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don’t put stock in his line combos and therefore I have something personal against Rupp? Come on, at least be creative.
Oh, come on yourself. You said what has he done to be an expert. Then you called him not a very good player as if that matters. But, ok, it's just line combos..

Reactions: IDvsEGO

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
interesting (to me) re the Camp roster -
only Panwar, among 5 Pack-signed F's, invited (thought at least Pekar might be)
and only 1 rookie-camp-tryout F, McCue
But on D,
all 3 Pack-signed D(Hillman, Berzolla, Barton)
and all 3 rookie-Camp-tryout, undrafted, CHL-eligible D (Arntsen, McCleary, Petrovski)
will be at Camp to start

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
interesting (to me) re the Camp roster -
only Panwar, among 5 Pack-signed F's, invited (thought at least Pekar might be)
and only 1 rookie-camp-tryout F, McCue
But on D,
all 3 Pack-signed D(Hillman, Berzolla, Barton)
and all 3 rookie-Camp-tryout, undrafted, CHL-eligible D (Arntsen, McCleary, Petrovski)
will be at Camp to start
I bet it's just a numbers game so the coaches can run the drills/practices they want to run.

Reactions: egelband and cwede

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Maybe we should invite Halak on a PTO and let one of them win it.
I think Halak was asking for too much $

Doubtful though, considering how they brought Quick in. You dont sign a veteran goalie from the area to close out his career here and then suddenly pull the rug out from him and carry two contracts. Quick cant be waived. Then whats the sense of inviting Halak

Forgot Leshchcehccyyysyn was still here. Dammit

Reactions: egelband

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Doubtful though, considering how they brought Quick in. You dont sign a veteran goalie from the area to close out his career here and then suddenly pull the rug out from him and carry two contracts. Quick cant be waived. Then whats the sense of inviting Halak

If Quick can’t beat competition for the backup job, better to pull the rug out in the preseason than when it’s too late.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I get that some fans, and maybe even sometimes reporters (although it's their job to get this stuff right) make mistakes like this. It's an unconventional name for English speakers anyway.

View attachment 744325

Find it odd that Luke McNamara was not invited but the other tryouts were. I wonder if Hartford or Rangers have plans to sign some of the tryouts.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Hello rangers fan, just wondering if there’s any indication or foresight if Blake Wheeler will be playing in the top 6 this year? Sadly picking my fantasy team before any pre season games so it’s a tough call.

Drury has already mentioned that the kids are going to get top 6 mins, unless that changes it means Wheeler on line 3.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Quick has a limited NTC, so he can be waived.

Reactions: Avery16

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So the Rangers the only team to not announce their training camp roster and it starts tomorrow. Shows how lazy this team is
Like who cares? Nothing better going on? Are you expecting some big surprise?

For as much crap as the organization gets this fan base is just as guilty for perpetuating the negative vibes. I swear this team could win the Stanley Cup and some of you would still be complaining “That’s great they won, but there was that 4 game losing streak in January, so, ya know, they really will need to work on that in the offseason so it doesn’t happen again”….

Season can’t start soon enough

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
They are. I agree. But three basically identical “soft” scoring lines have proven to be pretty easy to defend come playoff time.

For me, Kane is either better than our top sixers and playing there or he is not. He is not the type of player that is going to contribute positively in a bottom six role in the playoffs.

And no, I wouldn’t be saying this about 2018 Patrick Kane. I’m talking about the little old guy that wants to play here now.

I don’t know if this is fully true. Penguins best years were with Kessel and Hagelin on the third line behind Sid and Geno’s lines. Phil is certainly not “third line” type but the luxury of having that type of player on the third line is certainly something that can be a positive even in the right checking playoffs. Plus Wheeler could play third line since he has more of a “third line style” with his size, and Kane and Kakko can play in the top six. Realistically, the wings should be fluid and you can move all of them up and down. Kane at 1M or less is still a worthwhile addition.

Reactions: egelband and RGY

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

View attachment 744325

The people involved in this all GET PAID TO DO THIS.

The person creating the graphic & the person posting it to the social media accounts. How does no one proof-read this stuff?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I’m hoping Blidh makes a showing at camp and Drury finally realizes that Goodrow can get moved.

Blidh/Bonino/Pitlick at < $2.4m sounds a lot better to me than Goodrow/Bonino/Pitlick at > $5.2m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad