Roster Building Thread: Part VII (2023-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yes…but what has Rupp shown, ever, in order to be trusted for his opinion on line makeup?
He's not an idiot. If you've been watching him since retirement, he's said a lot of things that made sense. Rupp obviously understands the game. I'm not saying you need to take his word to be 100% true, but his opinions shouldn't be dismissed because he's no "expert".

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So Heinen is on a PTO with the Bruins. Would he not be an upgrade over Pitlick? Why not just sign him for $900k
The other player has to want to come here for a PTO. I think Heinen, if he makes the team, sees a little more ice time with Boston than NYR.

Heinen is more skilled but Pitlick is more of a disrupter. So if the goal is 10 minutes or less a night, Pitlick might be a better option here since the organization prefers hard work over skill.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
The other player has to want to come here for a PTO. I think Heinen, if he makes the team, sees a little more ice time with Boston than NYR.

Heinen is more skilled but Pitlick is more of a disrupter. So if the goal is 10 minutes or less a night, Pitlick might be a better option here since the organization prefers hard work over skill.
Heinen also has familiarity with the Bruins organization since they drafted him so probably felt more comfortable going there

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
He's not an idiot. If you've been watching him since retirement, he's said a lot of things that made sense. Rupp obviously understands the game. I'm not saying you need to take his word to be 100% true, but his opinions shouldn't be dismissed because he's no "expert".
I wouldn’t hire him to construct our lines. Thanks.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Heinen is more skilled than Pitlick but he doesn't really have what it takes to be a good 4th line player. Not a penalty killer and not really a grinder and not very physical. Personally I'm not sure that Pitlick is going to stick for very long either but for our needs I'd prefer him over Heinen.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
"almost losing his leg"

giphy.gif

"

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Heinen is more skilled than Pitlick but he doesn't really have what it takes to be a good 4th line player. Not a penalty killer and not really a grinder and not very physical. Personally I'm not sure that Pitlick is going to stick for very long either but for our needs I'd prefer him over Heinen.

I would have envisioned him in the top-9 with Vesey pushing down

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Wheeler
Kreider-Trochek-Kaako
Panarin-Chytil-Heinen
Goodrow-Bonino-Vesey

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I wouldn't hire any outsider to construct our lines. But you seem to have some personal issues with Rupp.
I don’t put stock in his line combos and therefore I have something personal against Rupp? Come on, at least be creative.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
We really arent much better than Columbus or Arizona. This franchise man...

EDIT: Also, nearly 60 players in camp? Its so many and there is really no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad