Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIX - Clever Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I was just looking at Bitetto on CF and realized the guy is 30 years old. That means he was about 4 years old when the Rangers won the cup in 1994. Then I became horrified when it dawned on me that it's been 27 years since that happened. That's right folks. We are halfway to the "cursed" number of 54 years without a cup that was put to bed that day in 1994. I immediately booked an appointment with a cardiologist and purchased some Centrum Silver on my way to the early bird dinner special at 1:30pm as I realized that I am not getting old, but that I have already been there a while.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Help me settle a main boards bet. Would Panarin waive his NMC to go to Chicago? :popcorn::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
"meh" Ryan Lindgren
569E72D7-7484-43AB-AE5A-44B9913B37B4.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ryan Lindgren is almost the perfect partner for Adam Fox. Those two are both on the same wavelength. I like the hardnose way that Lindgren plays and he's good in his own end.

DeAngelo trying to troll the Rangers with a burner twitter account is pretty f***ing lame. You get the idea that he hasn't learned a thing yet.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

he's all but gone.

Calgary should take ADA and run. They wont get anything close to that value as a player. He could slot in as their 3rd pair RD and help the PP immediately... If he becomes that dynamic presence he was in 2019, they will quickly forget Bennett.

I'm guessing the hold up, is the off-setting draft picks? Imagine Gorton could fenagle a 1st. I'd be thrilled with a 2nd.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
is this a good time to bring up that Derek Ryan is at 55.4% on FO since 2018

well he’s going to be out a bit it seems . That injury could effect a deal slightly

Calgary board also saying Bennett basically said he’s not happy w how it was handled. He’s with the taxi squad skaters. He’s a gonner

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
he's all but gone.

Calgary should take ADA and run. They wont get anything close to that value as a player. He could slot in as their 3rd pair RD and help the PP immediately... If he becomes that dynamic presence he was in 2019, they will quickly forget Bennett.

I'm guessing the hold up, is the off-setting draft picks? Imagine Gorton could fenagle a 1st. I'd be thrilled with a 2nd.

ADA just passed through waivers for free. Don't get too worked up about somehow getting a 1st round pick back in a trade for him. That ways lies massive disappointment.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
ADA just passed through waivers for free. Don't get too worked up about somehow getting a 1st round pick back in a trade for him. That ways lies massive disappointment.
$4.8M is not free. Cap space is more valuable then it has ever been in the NHL. See, 2nd round pick for Marc Staal.

I'm not expecting a 1st. I was just spitballin' on Gorton trying to fenagle a high-draft pick and its what was causing the 'hold up'.

Reactions: LokiDog

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don't understand why any prospective trading partner wouldn't be for another toxic asset only. If he cleared waivers, how could we be getting anything other than another team's salary/attitude dump?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hypothetically speaking..

If the numbers could work and we wouldn't lose any long-term talent...

Would you take on Lucic for a 1st?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't understand why any prospective trading partner wouldn't be for another toxic asset only. If he cleared waivers, how could we be getting anything other than another team's salary/attitude dump?

Because Gorton doesn't have to trade him. If the offered trade doesn't help us, Gorton will just tell Tony to stay home and buy him out in the summer.

Reactions: Fireonk

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
$4.8M is not free. Cap space is more valuable then it has ever been in the NHL.

I'm not expecting a 1st. I was just spitballin' on Gorton trying to fenagle a high-draft pick and it what was causing the 'hold up'.

You know what I meant by free. That player with that cap hit wasn't wanted without having to give up any assets. That same player with that same cap hit isn't bringing back a 1st rounder unless there is a massive anchor coming back with it. It just isn't a realistic scenario.

Reactions: Barnaby

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Hypothetically speaking..

If the numbers could work and we wouldn't lose any long-term talent...

Would you take on Lucic for a 1st?

Lol, I know you are just throwing ideas out, but I do find it funny that you went from talking about the value of cap space to this 2 minutes later.

Reactions: Barnaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad