Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i like it but let’s take a look at it. I actually left off the guy I think can Pk that being Morgan Barron. If he doesn’t make the team I think you’re right that gives Rooney a shot to stick on the fourth line. It probably puts lafrenière on the third line. I’m not sure that lasts long.

I just think Barron makes this team personally

long term he's on the PK but I don't think I make him do it from day 1...let him settle into the league first if he makes the team.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lemieux better figure out how to penalty kill

Howden Mika will continue to do it.

Chytil got reps there at the end I’m assuming that’s going to be added to his job description.

Gauthier I don’t know if he has it in him.

Rooney is a good pker don’t know yet if he’s an every gamer.

so you’ve got very little there

is Strome going to really come back? He’s an awful pker

He already does it.

He's pretty good at it.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I agree. But we also have to acknowledge all the bad-deal buyouts. I do think there should be some dispensation to help allow a homegrown team to stay together.
I think the NBA does this, or something along those lines. Not entirely positive because I dont really follow the NBA.

But it would be great that you get rewarded for drafting well. Of course, we lucked out with the Kakko and Lafreniere (although I constantly argue that we created good karma). But we have done well drafting. Kreider, Buchnevich, Fast, Chytil, and Igor (obviously Kakko and Laf too) were all Rangers draft picks that it would be nice to have some stipulation in the CBA where something like 15% of the AAV does not count against the actual cap. Or if a player has played their entire career, or 85% of their career, with your club their contract only counts for 10% of your cap. Whichever comes first, drafted or % played with the club, at the time a new contract is signed. Because then you are adding in Fox, Lindgren, Gauthier, Howden, and possibly DeAngelo into that mix. Maybe even Zibanejad by the time his current deal is up. (Edit: Zib would be at roughly 60% of his GP with the Rangers in 2 years) It would reward Front Offices for putting the right pieces together.

It wont ever happen but an interesting concept nonetheless

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I`m really excited to see some hockey again. And I agree the current cap is too limited at the moment, and less room for team growth.

going to be great when we start playing next April lol

Great thing is the rebuild took place at the right time and this roster is young. These aging teams who would love to add a missing piece are in a rough spot.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
That’s probably true for DeAngelo too
I dont know. Georgiev won't ever be more than a backup goaltender here, maybe anywhere. Deangelo is our PPQB, and one of our top scorers, one of the top-scoring defensemen in the league. He's a lot better at it than Fox, and way, way better at it than Trouba. Georgiev and Deangelo are very different dynamics.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm just saying... ADA @ $2.4M can bring back some goodness

Happy he's signed though. Still have a gaping hole at Center and on the defensive side of the game

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Zib/Chytil/Barron/Howden would leave C our weak position, but we could hopefully cover with our depth at W and at D.

Also, Howden is only 8 months older than Barron, apparently.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Unless someone comes into camp and steals a top 4D spot our LD will be suspect. I didn't mind Smith and Trouba, but its not something i wanmna see all year..i liked Fox and Lindgren, but Johnson and Deangelo is a disaster defensively.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Laf-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemieux-Howden-Rooney
PDG

Tony D/Smith-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek/Miller-Tony D/Smith
JJ

Igor
Georgiev

I think Hajek/Miller will be in the lineup on Opening Night. Wild Cards are Kravtsov and Barron. I don't think Howden is a Ranger next season, and I think Buch will be moved between now and the next draft.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
DeAngelo wont necessarily be with Jack Johnson every night. There's going to be a lot of mixing and matching this season even with Fox-Lindgren. Those two should remain together most of the year but Jacques Martin might have other ideas.

I think TDA gets second crack at 1 LHD. They'll try Miller/Reunanen/Robertson/Hajek there and see if any of them are up for the challenge. If not, TDA gets a shot and one of those kids plus Johnson and maybe Smith will be rotating 3 LHD.

Smith is going to be 7th LHD and 13th F at times.

Jack Johnson will get some top pair minutes or games this year and this board will go into full meltdown.

I'm warning you all now.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I was listening to some hockey talk today and they were talking about eliminating the opponent's time and space (aka hockey 101). So that led to me weeping about losing Fast for the thousandth time this week but then I started thinking of a different angle. Without a doubt Quinn was an advocate for keeping Fast. He probably stumped for it pretty hard in fact. So what does it say that Quinn was overruled over such a small price to pay for such a valuable player? It says that Quinn's longevity with this team is probably pretty short lived. I mean, this could have been said previously for a few different reasons, but this is a glaring one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad