Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm still holding out hope for adding a 2C or LD that is better than what we have and fits the rebuild timeline.

The contract negotiations, the trade deals to set up for this offseason, the coaching staff arrangement, the expansion draft preparation, and the future projection/plan all has been great so far.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We need our #1 draft on the top lines - ideally with Panarin. ;)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m still seeing like 10 mil in cap space. Not sure what all the fear mongering is about with bonus penalties etc. that’s with the performance penalties in there.

only two guys not signed are Strome and Lemieux and we are trying to break up with Strome desperately

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider Zib Buch
Panarin Strome Kakko
Laf Chytil Gauthier
Lemieux Barron Kravstov

Kreider Zib Buch
Panarin Chytil Kakko
Laf Granlund Gauthier
Lemieux Howden Boyle

Panarin Monahan Kakko
Laf Zib Kreider
Lemieux Chytil Gauthier
Howden Barron Kravstov

Panarin Zib Kakko
Laf Chytil Buch
Kreider Strome Gauthier
Lemieux Howden Rooney

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’m still seeing like 10 mil in cap space. Not sure what all the fear mongering is about with bonus penalties etc. that’s with the performance penalties in there.

only two guys not signed are Strome and Lemieux and we are trying to break up with Strome desperately

Subtract $4MM from that for bonus overage penalty.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Panarin can play left wing too.

We could swap him with Kreider - he is a very good 3rd line player.
I don't understand.

Laf, Kreider, and Panarin all have pretty much played exclusively LW in their careers

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

that is not with the bonus overage...if you add up the salaries, bonuses and buyouts that 'space' doesn't include the bonus overage

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Don’t the bonus penalties hit for next season’s cap? This is something I am not sure of, but how could that cap space be held hostage for this season when the bonuses tiers may or may not be hit. And if it were to show up on next season’s cap then we have a lot of money coming off the books next season.

Either way I think they still can manage to add at least one UFA vet.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don't understand.

Laf, Kreider, and Panarin all have pretty much played exclusively LW in their careers

Laf - Zib - Buch
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Kreider - chytil - Kravstov

And it depends on player performance, but we could swap Strome with Chytil. The top 3 lines are very skilled and dangerous. :)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Don’t the bonus penalties hit for next season’s cap? This is something I am not sure of, but how could that cap space be held hostage for this season when the bonuses tiers may or may not be hit. And if it were to show up on next season’s cap then we have a lot of money coming off the books next season.

Either way I think they still can manage to add at least one UFA vet.

you can go over the cap by 7.5% of the cap with bonuses...the rangers potential bonuses exceed that by $3.95 mil. so day 1 you have to be under by that amount to be complaint...but its just a 1 day issue. the majority of the bonuses aren't going to be earned so actually exceeding the 7.5% is unlikely...but keep in mind that carrying it over creates dead space in the future year

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think I am the only one, but I think by far the best center on the roster for Lafreniere is Strome (if he stays on the roster). I am not putting Lafreniere with Chytil if I can avoid it.

Reactions: Tob and Ori

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
you can go over the cap by 7.5% of the cap with bonuses...the rangers potential bonuses exceed that by $3.95 mil. so day 1 you have to be under by that amount to be complaint...but its just a 1 day issue. the majority of the bonuses aren't going to be earned so actually exceeding the 7.5% is unlikely...but keep in mind that carrying it over creates dead space in the future year
Thanks for explaining. Makes sense. Just sucks a rebuilding team gets penalized for it in a way and then it handcuffs them for adding another body or two.

Reactions: egelband

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
how is the best center at anything on the roster not Mika?
I’m not rushing Lafreniere into Top 6, certainly not Top 3. He will make his way onto their in time. If he earns it, sure. This isn’t about Mika.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We dont need to pad Kreiders stats - his contract go to 2026-27 season so he can play some third line minutes and after his injury history he wont complain about less minutes.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
they lied lol...its very misleading. they called it out but if you get out the calculator and add up the salaries for a projected 21-22 man roster plus bonuses and buyouts, its not part of the remaining space they listed.

So they have 6 million ?
It’s not a guarantee all bonuses would never hurt but I’d move Smith even if it saves just 2 million ... retail 1 mil

nyrgator

Jul 24, 2019
New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

what am I looking at here? The penalties are included this says
The presentation on Capfriendly isn’t very good. It’s confusing at first glance. It identifies the bonus penalty but it doesn’t actually factor it in. The projected cap space doesn’t account for the penalty - it just gives the difference between the current cap hit and the total cap without factoring in the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad