Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
We dont need to pad Kreiders stats - his contract go to 2026-27 season so he can play some third line minutes and after his injury history he wont complain about less minutes.
But we don't need to force feed Laf 20+ minutes a night from the get go. Kreider is being paid that because he is good enough for it and he can handle it. Laf doesn't need to start out going against the top D on the other team every night.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ok so still have 6 mil?

and can probably pay any and all bonuses this year without carrying. By the way this bonus rule is absolutely ridiculous for a hard capped league are you kidding me with this?! The nhl is laughable with this cap. It’s a mess poor teams can’t even afford to take these large contracts off anyone’s hands. You cannot have a hard cap with zero growth AND guaranteed contracts that have elc bonus potential penalties built in. Who the hell wrote this cba?!

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’m not rushing Lafreniere into Top 6, certainly not Top 3. He will make his way onto their in time. If he earns it, sure. This isn’t about Mika.

strome is the 2C thats in the top 6 :P

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Kreider Zib Buch
Panarin Strome Kakko
Laf Chytil Gauthier
Lemieux Barron Kravstov

Kreider Zib Buch
Panarin Chytil Kakko
Laf Granlund Gauthier
Lemieux Howden Boyle

Panarin Monahan Kakko
Laf Zib Kreider
Lemieux Chytil Gauthier
Howden Barron Kravstov

Panarin Zib Kakko
Laf Chytil Buch
Kreider Strome Gauthier
Lemieux Howden Rooney

Who PK's out of those possibilities? That's a problem.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Thanks for explaining. Makes sense. Just sucks a rebuilding team gets penalized for it in a way and then it handcuffs them for adding another body or two.

true but take away the flat cap and $13 mil in buyout dead space and we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Reactions: NYRangers16

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
6 goals per game of course

I'm just projecting based on rumors of different combinations, having some fun with it

Assuming Rooney makes the roster, they have 3 groups of forwards for it.

Zibanejad
Chytil (he got time on it later in the season)
Strome
Rooney
Lemieux
Howden

I think Chytil has the tools to become a monster PK'er. Lemieux is already pretty good at it and Rooney is verygood. The others? Not so much.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Assuming Rooney makes the roster, they have 3 groups of forwards for it.

Zibanejad
Chytil (he got time on it later in the season)
Strome
Rooney
Lemieux
Howden

I think Chytil has the tools to become a monster PK'er. Lemieux is already pretty good at it and Rooney is verygood. The others? Not so much.

You just know that Howden will be on one of those PK units

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m really excited to see some hockey again. And I agree the current cap is too limited at the moment, and less room for team growth.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
So we have what? 8M in cap space left to re-sign Strome and Lemieux? More than enough. I guess if need be, they can attach a pick or prospect and trade Smith, right?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lemieux better figure out how to penalty kill

Howden Mika will continue to do it.

Chytil got reps there at the end I’m assuming that’s going to be added to his job description.

Gauthier I don’t know if he has it in him.

Rooney is a good pker don’t know yet if he’s an every gamer.

so you’ve got very little there

is Strome going to really come back? He’s an awful pker

Reactions: RGY

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Really hope the coaches will consider playing guys on their off side. Doubt they’ll do this but on D barring a trade I’d go:

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller*-Smith

*potentially Hajek or Reunanen instead of Miller if they want to start Miller in Hartford.

That second pair worked well last year so wouldn’t break it up. Trouba and DeAngelo are our clear best D besides them and DeAngelo could potentially play on the left. Smith seems like a reasonable option on the right as he’s played there in the past and 3rd pair lhd can go to whichever youngster shows the most in camp.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
No way Chytil is on the 4th line, at the worst case scenario he is a winger at the 3rd line with Howden at center. This would make me very upset btw.

My 4th line has Howden at center, Lemieux on the L wing and someone other than Phil D on the RW. Barron played wing last season no? Gettinger?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Lemieux better figure out how to penalty kill

Howden Mika will continue to do it.

Chytil got reps there at the end I’m assuming that’s going to be added to his job description.

Gauthier I don’t know if he has it in him.

Rooney is a good pker don’t know yet if he’s an every gamer.

so you’ve got very little there

is Strome going to really come back? He’s an awful pker

not sure if he's played RW before but I'm thinking that right now a 4th line spot is Rooney's to lose because he can pk and replace fast in that role...

Lemieux and Chytil should definitely get shots...gauthier is interesting. first thought is he wouldn't be good...but also maybe that is a way to force him to round out his game and become a better player, thinking of when nash started killing penalties...not that he's nash but you get the point

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So we have what? 8M in cap space left to re-sign Strome and Lemieux? More than enough. I guess if need be, they can attach a pick or prospect and trade Smith, right?

The Devils on paper could use a Dman but they also could go the ufa route

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Thanks for explaining. Makes sense. Just sucks a rebuilding team gets penalized for it in a way and then it handcuffs them for adding another body or two.
I agree. But we also have to acknowledge all the bad-deal buyouts. I do think there should be some dispensation to help allow a homegrown team to stay together.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
not sure if he's played RW before but I'm thinking that right now a 4th line spot is Rooney's to lose because he can pk and replace fast in that role...

Lemieux and Chytil should definitely get shots...gauthier is interesting. first thought is he wouldn't be good...but also maybe that is a way to force him to round out his game and become a better player, thinking of when nash started killing penalties...not that he's nash but you get the point

i like it but let’s take a look at it. I actually left off the guy I think can Pk that being Morgan Barron. If he doesn’t make the team I think you’re right that gives Rooney a shot to stick on the fourth line. It probably puts lafrenière on the third line. I’m not sure that lasts long.

I just think Barron makes this team personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad