Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Contract and coaching incorrectly falling in love wise, I'd honestly rather see Di-Giuseppe, Haley, McKegg back and on the NHL roster over Martin, Reeves, etc.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Koivu seems like a can't miss add on a one or two year deal if he was willing to come over on third-line money. He's only a couple seasons removed from regularly playing 80+ games and netting between 45-60 points. Wasn't paired with superstars, still drove offense.
I am very ok with Koivu as a 3C/4C option in our lineup. Really want to slide Howden to wing. Still would want Wennberg as well

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'll take Grabner on a 1 or 2 year deal. Perfect bottom6 RW

Wait for Pietrangelo to sign somewhere and see what the market is for ADA.

Wait for Tampa to realize its not easy dumping salary without giving incentives. Hopefully no dumb team helps them

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Koivu seems like a can't miss add on a one or two year deal if he was willing to come over on third-line money. He's only a couple seasons removed from regularly playing 80+ games and netting between 45-60 points. Wasn't paired with superstars, still drove offense.
He's 37. I doubt there is much left in the tank.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This Anderson from MTL extension is bonkers.

Buch’s agent is probably doing back flips.
Buch isn't as complete as the Anderson package. Anderson has size, speed, plays defense and can produce. It's still a terrible commitment by MTL IMO

Buch should get paid handsomely if he has a productive season. I honestly expect him to have his best season yet, this coming year.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Koivu would be a romantic signing but the harsh reality is that he was a healthy scratch for part of the season and stuck on the fourth line of a bad hockey team. I don't think there's much left in the tank.

Borowiecki seems like a good target to me. Wallmark too.

I do get the feeling there's not going to be a huge, lucrative market for Jesper Fast and he may also find his way back to us.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wennberg Koivu Martin Boyle Grabner are the phone calls I expect us to make on forwards.

Greene Mueller Hainsey perhaps on D although I’m. I’m not positive we won’t wait to see how that shakes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad