Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Good.

Now I want to see all three of them having the same exchange in the hallway of MSG before a game against the Islanders in 2024.

I think there’s a decent chance Laf wears a C someday and Schneider sports an A.

I love the fact that the Rangers seemed to put an emphasis on finding some guys in the “tough to play against” category this past draft. That’s something that was sorely missing on those AV teams. Look no further then TB’s last two playoff runs. What a difference a year can make.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I have to think Lemieux and the club have a number worked out... Lemieux doesn't have much of a case (in my opinion).

So what's the hold up there? His hearing is scheduled the day after Strome... could they be holding back putting pen to paper in order to prolong the buyout window?

Who would they even buyout? Smith?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I have to think Lemieux and the club have a number worked out... Lemieux doesn't have much of a case (in my opinion).

So what's the hold up there? His hearing is scheduled the day after Strome... could they be holding back putting pen to paper in order to prolong the buyout window?

Who would they even buyout? Smith?

I don’t think it makes much sense to buyout Smith. He makes too much but he can also fill two spots as he can be a 13th forward or play defense so buying him out doesn’t likely save much. Plus, like it or not, he’s probably one of the 6 best defenseman on this team unless multiple guys like Miller and Robertson push for spots.

The only way I see a buyout is if it’s following a trade and there’s a cap crunch.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Lemuiex and his father should want to avoid the unpleasantness that arbitration will bring so I'm confident it will get worked out prior to the hearing

And if it doesn't, well ya can't fix dumb lol

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Good.

Now I want to see all three of them having the same exchange in the hallway of MSG before a game against the Islanders in 2024.
LOL...and hopefully TonyD is also part of that equation because he already has that swagger going on something many here don't realize outside of Ranger head office . We need a large part of our team to start thinking like that....the team one for all and all for one pack mentality . That sounds bad in lieu of the bullying case in the media.....but that is what hockey is all about .....it is war winning 16 playoff games and that combo of mental/physical toughness is needed . I think Tony will stick around NY for less money....crossing my fingers .

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
LOL...and hopefully TonyD is also part of that equation because he already has that swagger going on something many here don't realize outside of Ranger head office . We need a large part of our team to start thinking like that....the team one for all and all for one pack mentality . That sounds bad in lieu of the bullying case in the media.....but that is what hockey is all about .....it is war winning 16 playoff games and that combo of mental/physical toughness is needed . I think Tony will stick around NY for less money....crossing my fingers .

I just hope that doesn't mean we lose Lundkvist. Going to be hard to get him under contract when there is just no room for him with so many young defenders.

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I like Tony, but I still foresee him being dealt at some point in the next year. If he makes it to UFA, he's going to get paid. At the very least, I think he gets the Krug contract. Some team starved for offense from the blue line will pay him.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I like Tony, but I still foresee him being dealt at some point in the next year. If he makes it to UFA, he's going to get paid. At the very least, I think he gets the Krug contract. Some team starved for offense from the blue line will pay him.
If he produces...and the PP produces...and the team is winning and he is a big part of that....it will be the Rangers paying him . He would have to do something really foolish to be traded elsewhere if he is the guy that stirs the drink for this club . Fox -Trouba-and Lundkvist have not shown us that as of yet on the same scale, although we have small sample sizes from Trouba and Fox and nothing NHL wise for Nils. I expect Fox to see much more nastiness aimed his way this season....time will tell if he can handle that extra special unwanted physical attention . They have a couple of years to figure it all out....they best get it right .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad