Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Most of all the proposals and discussions right now:

PgIy.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well we know that people have been saying stuff like "you wouldn't believe who is available" and things like that
So, outside of the names we've seen popping around, what teams could we imagine have young-ish star players that would fit the Rangers lineup but whos teams is perhaps in financial disarray because of the pandemic?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well we know that people have been saying stuff like "you wouldn't believe who is available" and things like that
So, outside of the names we've seen popping around, what teams could we imagine have young-ish star players that would fit the Rangers lineup but whos teams is perhaps in financial disarray because of the pandemic?

Buffalo lol.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I must disagree with this
We have many Stars
Stars get highly paid
The only way we keep most of them is to have many good players on their ELC
The more prospects vying for those spots the better chance of having good players playing for us while on their ELC
Plus we still need a Center with first line potential in our system

I understand what you're saying but I think your timing is off on the cycle of stars/ELC players. We're currently prospect heavy. The only real "star" on this roster is Panarin. Zibanejad is on his way there, but he has to consistently produce like he did this year to be that level of player. Outside of that, we only have potential right now. And while those players with that potential develop, we need to add support around them to take that next step.

And yes, there will hopefully be a point where some of the potential we have turns into stardom...and at that point, ELC's become important again. It's not a yearly cycle, more like every 4-5 years. If you play the prospect game on an annual basis, you end up in a perpetual rebuild. I haven't looked, but I would guess that no team that has made the Cup finals in the last 15 years has had more than 3 or 4 ELC players on the ice.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo lol.

Buffalo, Florida, Phoenix, Nashville...how's Carolina doing? Anaheim? Still teams we've kinda been talking about before

St Louis?

Kinda just throwing crap out there but trying to figure out how to think outside the box on this stuff but also am exhausted and brain not working lol

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Buffalo, Florida, Nashville...how's Carolina doing? Anaheim? Still teams we've kinda been talking about before

St Louis?

Kinda just throwing crap out there but trying to figure out how to think outside the box on this stuff but also am exhausted and brain not working lol
Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad