Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If we trade Tony what about trying to sign Shattenkirk on the cheap? He’d immeidately he able to replace him as the 3RD PP1 player and we’ve already seen him take a discount to play here before.
y-2MYc.gif

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Forget McDonagh. I’m not 100% in favor of doing it, but a Tampa fan just posted their needs in return for Sergachev as follows: RD prospect + young forward. Hmm...

Been said already but it almost certainly costs Lundkvist to get Sergachev. That's a big price to pay and it puts the Rangers in an awkward spot in the short term and looking further ahead. You've now got two big-time offensive d-men on the blue line who need contracts. Then you need to worry about losing someone in expansion if you keep them both. They of course would expose Lindgren in this case and that's not the end of the world but I'd hate to lose a viable top-4 D for nothing.

I guess the Rangers could flip everything on it's ear and move both of TDA and Lundkvist but that doesn't seem very likely.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Shattenkirk and the Rangers have a shared hatred towards the other party at the moment

So if hell was freezing over, yeah I could see it

Reactions: Tob

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Been said already but it almost certainly costs Lundkvist to get Sergachev. That's a big price to pay and it puts the Rangers in an awkward spot in the short term and looking further ahead. You've now got two big-time offensive d-men on the blue line who need contracts. Then you need to worry about losing someone in expansion if you keep them both. They of course would expose Lindgren in this case and that's not the end of the world but I'd hate to lose a viable top-4 D for nothing.

I guess the Rangers could flip everything on it's ear and move both of TDA and Lundkvist but that doesn't seem very likely.
I feel like Lundkvist + Chytil or just DeAngelo.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think Brashear is probably the worst player I’ve ever seen on the Rangers

Eric Reitz was bad but yea. Washed up Brashear was a sight to behold .
No I think Roman Ndur takes that title. Although there are definitely plenty of challengers up there. Ndur was so, so bad.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I feel like Lundkvist + Chytil or just DeAngelo.

Well DeAngelo doesn't help them out of their jam unless we also take back another contract. Lundkvist and Chytil is a lot to pay when you consider we do have a pretty good LHD pipeline and we're very shallow at center.

I think TDA and 22 for Sergachev and Gourde was thrown out in the last thread. Something like that is the only way the cap implications work out for Tampa.

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad