Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
unless Arizona is eating salary (unlikely) or paying the bruins assets to take the contract off their hands...why would boston give up assets for OEL when they can sign krug for less? I mean that would be the max contract for krug right?

Well it seems like Krug is intent on heading to the market. They offered him $6.5m for 6 years and he turned it down. Been speculated for a while that Detroit is ready to throw a big contract at him to come home. Plus Krug isn't exactly a guy you throw on the top pairing with McAvoy on a contending team. OEL is much closer to that and the Bruins don't have any immediate help coming.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
All this extra cap space is just begging for JG to make another brain dead signing.. Watch

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Grabner and Hagelins value were largely based on their forechecking, speed, and penalty killing ability. AA only has one of those three. I also look at Edmonton’s disinterest in retaining him as a red flag. This guy just feels like Ryan Spooner 2.0.

Im fine with AA on a 1 or two year deal at $1M or less. His value has dropped but he’s still relatively young and can be a good bottom six winger.

Reactions: Leetch3

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If Florida retains 50% and takes the Brendan Smith then deal. Throw in Lias Andersson too just to put that page behind us.

Smith is a non entity.
Nobody is taking him.
He's been on waivers twice.
Demote him and his cap space is deleted

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
All this extra cap space is just begging for JG to make another brain dead signing.. Watch
You say others should go back to playing xbox.... maybe you should take your own advice.

I bet you think Panarin was a “brain dead” signing too..

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Grabner and Hagelins value were largely based on their forechecking, speed, and penalty killing ability. AA only has one of those three. I also look at Edmonton’s disinterest in retaining him as a red flag. This guy just feels like Ryan Spooner 2.0.
At a low enough salary, he can light it up in Hartford. If worst case scenario he is Spooner 2.0, maybe he fetches us Strome 2.0.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Historically, that has been the Rangers way.

trading for Erik Karlson would be a Sather type move.

Reactions: NYR

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Well it seems like Krug is intent on heading to the market. They offered him $6.5m for 6 years and he turned it down. Been speculated for a while that Detroit is ready to throw a big contract at him to come home. Plus Krug isn't exactly a guy you throw on the top pairing with McAvoy on a contending team. OEL is much closer to that and the Bruins don't have any immediate help coming.
So why do they not budge off 6.5 x 6 to Krug but trade for OEL at 8.25 x 7? They are the same age and have similar output. It doesn't make sense unless they just do not like Krug or Arizona retains a significant amount on OEL.

Reactions: BBKers

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I’ll tell you what I think we’ve got a lot going on. I think Strome is leaving. I think Buch might be moved. I think tony might seriously be moved I think our pick is in play I think we’re looking at well known centers I think an LD theres a lot going on right now imo. I think Gorton is looking to pick off a star or two from teams desperate to move move money.

What makes you think all this?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If the Rangers want Athanasiou I’d MUCH prefer to go get Grabber who is a good defensive player and has 1 year left. I still think a Smith for Grabner deal makes sense for both sides.

Also, if people want a good, smart, 2-way winger who is good on the forecheck and isn’t Fast, Janmark would be a real solid addition. Underrated.

Reactions: Barnaby

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Just thinking, if Pulju can maybe think about going back to the Oilers, could our Lias relationship be patched? I'm more than fine with him being a bottom 6 center at this point. Could he be a 3C? 15 goals, play with an edge, PK? A higher end 4C at worst? I mean, we kinda really need that.

Reactions: mas0764

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I can see both gourde and Sergachev based on nothing but intuition but I can see a package presented to get them both

Tampa's in a bad spot but it seems like they're confident they can maneuver out of the situation. BriesBois said earlier that he doesn't think he'll need to buy anyone out. The guys they need to move are good players and while they have NTC's they don't have full NMC's. That means BriesBois could theoretically tell them they need to waive or he'll put them on waivers and they can take their chances on where they end up.

Taking on a guy like Gourde or Johnson to add Sergachev is a big swing. Gourde being able to play all 3 forward positions while also killing penalties and bringing some of that pest behavior to the lineup could be a shrewd addition if the Rangers are comfortable with the term left on his deal.

That being said, I can't see that sort of package coming cheap unless Gourde is only willing to waive for like 2 or 3 teams.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I’m sticking to my projection of lias Anderson from his draft year as a potential Steve Rucchin type.

Just need to be patient.

Reactions: mas0764

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Tampa's in a bad spot but it seems like they're confident they can maneuver out of the situation. BriesBois said earlier that he doesn't think he'll need to buy anyone out. The guys they need to move are good players and while they have NTC's they don't have full NMC's. That means BriesBois could theoretically tell them they need to waive or he'll put them on waivers and they can take their chances on where they end up.

Taking on a guy like Gourde or Johnson to add Sergachev is a big swing. Gourde being able to play all 3 forward positions while also killing penalties and bringing some of that pest behavior to the lineup could be a shrewd addition if the Rangers are comfortable with the term left on his deal.
I would LOVE to have Gourde on this team.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

That being said, I can't see that sort of package coming cheap unless Gourde is only willing to waive for like 2 or 3 teams.

im not saying taking gourde to get sergschev I think we’d be interested in putting together a solid deal for both

Reactions: Trxjw

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I wonder if Keith Yandle is someone the Rangers would consider bringing back

Woof - love Yandle, but 6+ million to play LD next to DeAngelo? That would be a dumpster fire and there’s no way he’s taking top defensive assignments with Trouba. NYR also doesn’t need a PP QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad