Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gotcha. I gotta think anything around Sergachev starts with Lundkvist. That'd be a tough one to swallow.

i do not know

I actually think it’s funny that they probably despise the kid but Tony for Sergachev helps both teams equally. They’re going to need to replace shattenkirk most likely.

imo tony and #22 plus a b prospect perhaps for Gourde and Sergachev makes a lot of sense for both teams. Problem is Tampa couldn’t stand DeAngelo so not sure that’s possible lol

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Yandle is in good shape for a 34 year old and we would be compensated handsomely for freeing up space for Florida to pursue Pietrangelo.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yandle is in good shape for a 34 year old and we would be compensated handsomely for freeing up space for Florida to pursue Pietrangelo.

Rangers should have kept Yandle when they had the chance. I like him but at 34 those miles do add up no matter how good of shape you are in. He is a beast though.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
I believe GMJG has a plan with all this current cap space. They wouldn’t trade Staal and buy out Lundqvist and then wing it from there. They’d probably want to re-sign DeAngelo and Strome if the price is right, otherwise they’d try to flip them.

Strome can be a 2C and has played well with Panarin so why mess up that chemistry by bringing in a different 2C that may not mesh well with Breadman. A short term deal for Strome would be ok, maybe 2-3 years tops at around $5M.

DeAngelo is more interesting, he probably won’t accept a short term bridge deal. He has subtly mentioned on his podcast that he helped the Rangers out last year by taking a 1 year $1M deal because of their cap situation at the time. He’s gonna want multiple years, probably in the 4-5 year range. He’s had one really good offensive season and would wanna be paid like a 2nd pair RHD. Arguably Fox may be ahead of him on the depth chart right now. To me the Rangers don’t have a player that is the clear cut #1 RHD. Trouba is paid to be that guy but on a good team he is the #2 RHD. Fox is good and is gonna get better. Since Fox will be on his ELC for a couple more years then Tony D should max out at 5 years and $5M.

If either guy wants significantly more then they need to be moved in separate deals. I don’t think they’d go in a package together since the team acquiring them would need to negotiate deals with them which would be in excess of $10M AAV together.

The Eichel rumors will persist but Buffalo’s price for him is not feasible at the moment. If he ever demanded a trade out of there then that may be the time but right now the package would gut our rebuild. Gorton has probably asked but that’s all that happened.

I think they re-sign Strome and DeAngelo for around $10M AAV total, sign Georgiev for $2M AAV, re-sign Lemieux for $1.5M AAV, then that leaves them with $9.5M in cap space for signing or trading for a top end LHD and a bottom six winger.

Potential LHD targets:

TJ Brodie
Brendon Dillon
Mattias Ekholm

But what about a reunion with Ryan Mcdonagh? Tampa definitely needs cap space to re-sign Sergachev and Cirelli. The obvious guys they’d wanna trade would be Johnson, Killorn, Gourde and Palat but maybe they wanna keep their forward depth and maybe have to deal one of their D-men. Hedman isn’t being traded so maybe Mcdonagh has to go kind of like how JT Miller was jettisoned before last season.

Ryan Mcdonagh

For

1st Round Pick (22nd Overall)
Lias Andersson
Yegor Rykov

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Howden-Gauthier

Mcdonagh-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Hajek-DeAngelo

Shesterkin
Georgiev

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I believe GMJG has a plan with all this current cap space. They wouldn’t trade Staal and buy out Lundqvist and then wing it from there. They’d probably want to re-sign DeAngelo and Strome if the price is right, otherwise they’d try to flip them.

Strome can be a 2C and has played well with Panarin so why mess up that chemistry by bringing in a different 2C that may not mesh well with Breadman. A short term deal for Strome would be ok, maybe 2-3 years tops at around $5M.

DeAngelo is more interesting, he probably won’t accept a short term bridge deal. He has subtly mentioned on his podcast that he helped the Rangers out last year by taking a 1 year $1M deal because of their cap situation at the time. He’s gonna want multiple years, probably in the 4-5 year range. He’s had one really good offensive season and would wanna be paid like a 2nd pair RHD. Arguably Fox may be ahead of him on the depth chart right now. To me the Rangers don’t have a player that is the clear cut #1 RHD. Trouba is paid to be that guy but on a good team he is the #2 RHD. Fox is good and is gonna get better. Since Fox will be on his ELC for a couple more years then Tony D should max out at 5 years and $5M.

If either guy wants significantly more then they need to be moved in separate deals. I don’t think they’d go in a package together since the team acquiring them would need to negotiate deals with them which would be in excess of $10M AAV together.

The Eichel rumors will persist but Buffalo’s price for him is not feasible at the moment. If he ever demanded a trade out of there then that may be the time but right now the package would gut our rebuild. Gorton has probably asked but that’s all that happened.

I think they re-sign Strome and DeAngelo for around $10M AAV total, sign Georgiev for $2M AAV, re-sign Lemieux for $1.5M AAV, then that leaves them with $9.5M in cap space for signing or trading for a top end LHD and a bottom six winger.

Potential LHD targets:

TJ Brodie
Brendon Dillon
Mattias Ekholm

But what about a reunion with Ryan Mcdonagh? Tampa definitely needs cap space to re-sign Sergachev and Cirelli. The obvious guys they’d wanna trade would be Johnson, Killorn, Gourde and Palat but maybe they wanna keep their forward depth and maybe have to deal one of their D-men. Hedman isn’t being traded so maybe Mcdonagh has to go kind of like how JT Miller was jettisoned before last season.

Ryan Mcdonagh

For

Lias Andersson
Yegor Rykov

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Gauthier

Mcdonagh-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Hajek-DeAngelo

Shesterkin
Georgiev

I’d love McDonagh but rather go after Cirelli or someone younger especially since Cirelli i feel would thrive here like Brassard did. He has that vibe in my opinion

Reactions: NYRangers16

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Potential LHD targets:

TJ Brodie
Brendon Dillon
Mattias Ekholm

Ryan Mcdonagh

For

Lias Andersson
Yegor Rykov

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Gauthier

Mcdonagh-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Hajek-DeAngelo

Shesterkin
Georgiev

McD is a cap dump for Tb so it would be cheap

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Absolutely not to bringing back McDonagh. He has so many taxing miles on his body. While he had a fairly solid playoffs, his play has been deteriorating and has battled injuries.

Out of all the past Rangers of 2014/2015, Stepan is the most likely to be brought back with salary retained via trade. But even then very unlikely.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Legend has it, if you say Sather’s name 5 times in front of a mirror, a shiny free agent will appear.

For all that is holy in this world, please people, nobody try it. I tried it once in the summer if 08 and all hell broke loose.

I just tried this and all I got was the same disappointing reflection that my wife has to stomach seeing every day.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
I’d love McDonagh but rather go after Cirelli or someone younger especially since Cirelli i feel would thrive here like Brassard did. He has that vibe in my opinion

Cirelli would be great but would cost a lot more in assets. We’d probably have to include a 1st, Kravtsov and another prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad