Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm positive the Rangers aren't done, but we don't have the cap space to sign Krug. Not unless we are sending other players elsewhere.

I agree. If we make a move, I think it will be a small move. I think anyone expecting a Krug/Lindholm acquisition are going to be sorely disappointed. Or, we could just resign ADA and Fast. :dunno:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't think we need to sign a depth LHD. There's enough options there already, if they add someone on the left I think it will be more of an impact player.

not saying that guy should be a target. but we do need to sign a depth D on a cheap 2 year deal that can meet the expansion draft exposure requirements...plus you want a veteran as the healthy scratch.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
They need bottom 6 / middle 6 players at both center and wing. Labanc can PK here. Pushes the pace with his speed. Would be a great addition and they can continue their search for a center separately
I do like him but they have too many wingers. center is a need. someone good on faceoffs. I do like Labanc as a player

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I agree. If we make a move, I think it will be a small move. I think anyone expecting a Krug/Lindholm acquisition are going to be sorely disappointed. Or, we could just resign ADA and Fast. :dunno:
Krug, no disappointment because that shouldnt happen.

Lindholm on the other hand, it would suck if we cannot get him but wouldnt be the end of the world either.

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
not saying that guy should be a target. but we do need to sign a depth D on a cheap 2 year deal that can meet the expansion draft exposure requirements...plus you want a veteran as the healthy scratch.
I can't say I have watch him, but the price is right he is a UFA, a great locker room guy, A New Yorker and Italian what's not to like.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why do you guys want Krug? You want a small offensive defenseman who is a disaster in his own end for 7M+ per? We could have a younger Deangelo for cheaper.

He's not a disaster in his own end. That is the classic case of people giving him that reputation, despite it being unwarranted, because he is a small defenseman who scores points.

That said, I don't think he's a fit and I would not look to sign him.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
He's not a disaster in his own end. That is the classic case of people giving him that reputation, despite it being unwarranted, because he is a small defenseman who scores points.

That said, I don't think he's a fit and I would not look to sign him.

Yes he is. He's a liability in his own end. Excellent offensive player and PP QB, but he's not a good defenseman. So again, why would we sign him when we have a younger, cheaper duplicate in Deangelo?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So the NYR paid a 2nd to save ~$3.6M in buyout cap hit this year and ~$1.1m the following?

Relatively fine w that in a vacuum but if the money goes toward giving Fast or worse, Martin a bad contract feels a bit like treading water in the near term and same ol’ problems long term.

All depends on how Gorton uses the space.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yes he is. He's a liability in his own end. Excellent offensive player and PP QB, but he's not a good defenseman. So again, why would we sign him when we have a younger, cheaper duplicate in Deangelo?

Because he's not a liability in his own end. It's a false reputation that is applied to almost all small defenseman who are good offensively.

And I said I did not want to sign him.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Geo+ADA for Elias Lindholm. CGY has a slot for goalie, and ADA is better than all but Brodie in regards to D they need to sign. And they're set at C, and Lindholm could work at 2C for us since he's defensively responsible enough and will have Panarin to insulate him.

Trade Strome for picks for a better LD

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
HFNYR, an intellectual re: Krug - "He's a liability in his own end"

Me, a neanderthal:
krugxto91

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The deeper the blue + more negative the number = the less pressure+shots he gives up/the better he is defensively
So - he kinda sucks in the middle of the ice from what I’m seeing then - correct? But strong on the left and right blue line?

What’s the -12% represent? And, is he allergic to shellfish?

But seriously, how much does team play, pairing partner, and goaltending impact these charts (if any).

What do, I dunno, ADA’s + Lindgrens look like for comparison (if you care to share those for my incompetence sake when it comes down to nerdy analytical shit like this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad