Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Would rather keep Lundqvist one more year and trade Georgiev to recoup the asset we sent to Detroit.

Rangers don’t HAVE to do anything with the Staal money right now. They can take care of their own guys and see what’s left. I don’t think the Rangers did this to clear space for a FA like Pietrangelo (which I would not do) but I would think about Krug too if you can get him at 7m or under. The Rangers still need a LHD partner for Trouba more than anything else. With Brodin and (probably) Dunn off the board, the pool is shrinking.

We can't afford Krug unless someone else is headed out the door.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We can't afford Krug unless someone else is headed out the door.
I mean, I doubt the Rangers are done.

Krug is (almost) exactly the kind of partner that Trouba needs though. Wouldn’t cost anything other than cap either.

Reactions: McSauer

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I really don't see us finding a 2C or partner for trouba in the free agent market...those will either come via trades or patience waiting for kids to develop (unlikely this year, hence the patience). UFAs is where we can sure up some depth and possibly strengthen the bottom 6 and PK. but those big moves will be trades imo. we have the assets just need to find the right target.

Reactions: Tob and jas

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I really don't see us finding a 2C or partner for trouba in the free agent market...those will either come via trades or patience waiting for kids to develop (unlikely this year, hence the patience). UFAs is where we can sure up some depth and possibly strengthen the bottom 6 and PK. but those big moves will be trades imo. we have the assets just need to find the right target.

That’s because Grots is getting them both (Lindholm and Hanifan) in his deal with Calgary. Be prepared.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
For anyone that is #TeamOfferSheet moving our 2nd takes away a lot of options there.

it was never going to happen anyway but it basically removes all possibility for this offseason...we can no offer the top bracket with 4 1st being compensation and no team is giving up 4 1st and we can't afford that kind of cap hit. and the lower bracket the other team would just laugh and say thanks for negotiating and match it.

Reactions: Thirty One

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If today has taught me anything it's that if we can find a taker for Marc Staal then there's a deal out there for Henrik Lundqvist as well.

Trick is getting Hank to waive his NMC, and I don’t see him doing so. But, I guess you never know...

Georgiev + for Labanc. Make it happen Jeff Houdini Gorton

I’d rather see Geo + our 22nd to Toronto if a player or two drop.

Reactions: mas0764 and McSauer

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rather make a trade for a need like a center, not another winger.
They need bottom 6 / middle 6 players at both center and wing. Labanc can PK here. Pushes the pace with his speed. Would be a great addition and they can continue their search for a center separately

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As far as our LD depth, I can see Gorts going with:

Smith(lol)
Lindgren
Hajek

For another year. Maybe Smith plays solidly and we move him for more futures during the season and bring up Miller.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
How would you guys feel about a 6X6 extension for Tony right now...?

Good. This is about where I have him pegged at. It benefits us now and is tradeable later if needed, barring him falling off the edge of a cliff production wise.

Reactions: mas0764 and Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad