Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Is Krebs ready to compete for a spot in camp or would he need some more seasoning?

I think so. Of course it depends on which team it was but I think he could crack the Rangers line up. Could break in on the wing and eventually move to center. He's a guy that's not at all out of place developing in the bottom-six.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Gorton is going for it. He'll weaponize his cap space and try to bring in a couple of difference makers.

Probably too aggressive for my preferences but I've been wrong about nearly every move he's made over the last 18 months. Admittedly, it's a time that has huge boom potential for aggressive moves. Grab good players at a discount from teams prioritizing budget.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I remember Burke saying that Auston Matthews is gone once he hits UFA. Toronto needs cap relief.... would they dare trade him this early?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
A player's development or their club's view of them, their position in their club's positional depth has no bearing on whether they are available and could help a need of ours. Got it, champ.

My point is that Valimaki being assigned to Liiga reveals nothing about any of those topics. Clearly, your grasp of this matches your grasp on contract comparability.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Sorry man but I'm just not going to agree on those "settled" into pairings especially when you score 53 points.
Everyone knows how I feel about defense here and while ADA is far from stellar, he should've been put into the #3 slot.
Just my IMO
I guess I just don't understand the three spot comment because the league is shifted from the idea of one two three four five six into pairings that have assigned zone starts in matchups. I'm not trying to convince you he was used the perfect way, I guess I just look at it like the whole concept of how defense is deployed now is different. I used to view it the same way you do, but I've kind of given into how the league is shifted now especially with the use of analytics. I respect you if you don't agree that's fine.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
My point is that Valimaki being assigned to Liiga reveals nothing about any of those topics. Clearly, your grasp of this matches your grasp on contract comparability.
thanks, I'll be sure to never consider this opinion.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013

That's not too bad. I mean it's not great, but we get some flexibility this year. Next year's hit will be small, but we, again, have like $4mm in dead cap :/ We'll have $2.5mm the year after that. Then we're free of the dead cap.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
That's not too bad. I mean it's not great, but we get some flexibility this year. Next year's hit will be small, but we, again, have like $4mm in dead cap :/ We'll have $2.5mm the year after that. Then we're free of the dead cap.

this year is the only bad year. We get $9M back in space next year.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
5.5 dead cap space + whatever amount it’s going to cost to sign a veteran backup. What are they really saving? I think maybe lundqvist pushed for this one. Would be interesting to see what team he ends up with.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Very clear from that Brooks article that Lundqvist was not content to ride the bench for the Rangers. This isn't about assuring that they ride into next season with Igor and Georgie in goal. It's about not having a frustrated Lundqvist on the bench for a year, chomping at the bit for an opportunity to unseat the Rangers' future #1.
I dont recall a single story, tweet or insinuation that Hank was anything short of professional, understanding and patient last season. I didnt see that in the story Brooks posted an hour ago either. Where are you getting this?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
More like 19 mil, since we will probably be 4 mil over the bonus cushion.

This is something I feel like doesn’t get enough attention. Every dollar of extra cap space they have this season is a dollar they won’t have to delay into next season via bonus carryover. It’s why I don’t really concern myself with the $1.5m on the buyout next season. Without the buyout, we could easily have that much in dead cap anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad