• Strome to Ottawa for #33 and #60
  • Trade #33 and a D prospect like Hajek for Dunn
  • Sign Dillon for 3x$4MM.
Don't go crazy for Eichel.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’m glad the Finals will be over soon. We have one week until the draft. I’m sure this week is going to be very hectic, with regards to the league as a whole at least.

Reactions: egelband

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
The Rangers have put them in a position to pull off a trade like this, the question is would Buffalo demand one of Kakko or Laf in any deal.

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
I am not for this trade really, but this isn’t really close. Eichel is a far greater talent than Seguin was at the time of his trade.

Tyler Seguin

Honestly, I didn't think we'd get anything remotely close, so I'm impressed there's at a past example somewhat comparable.

But as you already noted, using that as an example for trade package comparison purposes here is a recipe for disaster.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
The Rangers have put them in a position to pull off a trade like this, the question is would Buffalo demand one of Kakko or Laf in any deal.
I’m not doing it man. With the cap being as it is, trading great young talent on ELCs is going to really hurt you more than what you might gain. And that’s aside from the cost just to get Eichel.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ

Probably...which is why we're talking about it here and not in a "Confirmed with Link" thread.

I do agree with your first point. Gorton has put himself in a position to go after pretty much any player that becomes available now. It's great to collect picks and prospects at the clip we've been doing so over the past couple of seasons. But pretty soon they become redundant and it reaches the point where consolidation is almost a necessity if you want to take that next step.

Reactions: Rangers743

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
They can demand whatever they want, but I seriously doubt Gorton would agree to that.

Cant we just develop our own stars for once?
I trust Gorton to not deal one of the younger stars on elcs (Kakko, Laf, Fox, Igor). But we do have an extremely deep farm an extra first this year and young guys like Deangelo and Georgiev who are expendable. If anyone could make Buffalo a really strong offer it’s probably us.

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
Just a reminder...1OA Taylor Hall was traded for Adam Larson. That may be an outlier, and Eichel is likely the better player, but figured I’d throw in a little historical perspective.

Yeah, so far the two closest recent examples we've seen are Hall and Seguin...which really aren't that great of comparisons and certainly don't show anything resembling fair value that will help us in these exercises.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Depending on how the Lundqvist situation plays out:

• Trade ADA for Lindholm
  • Strome to Ottawa for #33 and #60
  • Trade #33 and a D prospect like Hajek for Dunn
  • Sign Dillon for 3x$4MM.
Don't go crazy for Eichel.
Don’t think ADA is a centerpiece for Lindholm. Think the player they have been connected to must is Buchnevich.

Don’t think Dunn is on the block if Pietrangelo is leaving.

Don’t like giving three years to Dillion and having to protect him.

Don’t like going for Eichel unless Trouba is in the deal.

Do like the Strome trade

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Just a reminder...1OA Taylor Hall was traded for Adam Larson. That may be an outlier, and Eichel is likely the better player, but figured I’d throw in a little historical perspective.
that was an absurd outlier. Chiarelli is Chiarelli....

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I trust Gorton to not deal one of the younger stars on elcs (Kakko, Laf, Fox, Igor). But we do have an extremely deep farm an extra first this year and young guys like Deangelo and Georgiev who are expendable. If anyone could make Buffalo a really strong offer it’s probably us.
I mean if a player like Eichel ever becomes available, you wouldn’t be doing your job if you didn’t put an offer in, but this isn’t a player we should obsess over. It’s not even confirmed he wants out of Buffalo.

We need a #2C.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know he won the MVP but Taylor Hall isn't on the same level as Eichel just my opinion.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Also worth noting though, Hall is a winger, Eichel is a center and centers tend to hold more trade value.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Don’t think ADA is a centerpiece for Lindholm. Think the player they have been connected to must is Buchnevich.

Don’t think Dunn is on the block if Pietrangelo is leaving.

Don’t like giving three years to Dillion and having to protect him.

Don’t like going for Eichel unless Trouba is in the deal.

Do like the Strome trade

Can't see Buch being the piece going back for Lindholm unless there is a pretty decent secondary piece going back.

Dillon I would hope Gorton wouldn't give a NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad