Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVIII: 3-2-1 TDL almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’d like to see this D at some point next season, hopefully to start:

Lindgren-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Miller-Lundkvist

Good balance of skill and size on each pair. Avg age under 23. Robertson-Schneider top pair in Hartford.

Would be great if we could switch Lindgren and Miller but this depends on the type of progress Miller makes.

Reactions: E-Train

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm curious if any of you caught the reasoning that Laf was taking draws the other night? Is Chytil's hand still hurt that badly?

He's taken 29 draws at this point and won 13, which isn't horrible considering he is a winger.

Horrible? On this team I would take that everyday and twice on sunday. When you have your "top" center losing so many important faceoffs.
Heck some of the faceoffs AL has won have been clean.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Thats aggressive IMO. If Nils is still here, I'd imagine they would look a vet in FA to be his partner. Someone better than Smith.
Nils is seasoned at this point. I'd expect him to make a seamless transition

Robertson is the aggressive/long shot. But I think he comes into camp, similar to KAM and impresses.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Horrible? On this team I would take that everyday and twice on sunday. When you have your "top" center losing so many important faceoffs.
Heck some of the faceoffs AL has won have been clean.
Yeah, I dont grade things on an NYR bell curve of faceoff ineptitude, I am looking at it relative to the league. I am curious if he may get some soft looks at center for a few shifts here and there. Nothing crazy, but if the kid can take draws at a competent level MAYBE he can get a few shifts in the middle as well. Nothing to overwhelm him, but maybe just to see if there is anything there?

Reactions: leetch99

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
what I'd like to see going forward

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Panarin - Strome - Kakko/Kravtsov
Laf - Chytil - Kravtsov/Kakko
DiGi - Blackwell - Gauthier

Gauthier deserves a real shot, but with Kravtsov coming along, and Kakko starting to look better, I struggle to see where he fits. I don't think it helps anybody for him to be a 5 minute a night 4th liner with no real talent to play with. If the Kravtsov to center thing gains any traction, I'd happily move him to 4C with Gauthier and DiGi. Thats a BIG BOI line with some real talent.

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Hajek - Smith

Shesty
Geo

Zac Jones worked in for Hajek and Miller on occasion when he gets here

Miller has made some bonehead plays lately and might do well with a game or two off

Id like to see Howden jettisoned into the sun, and Rooney is just a randomly generated NHL player.

You're concentrating on rather inconsequential 4th line spots but leave struggling Kreider on the first line? 1LW is probably more discussion worthy than Howden over PDG where honestly Rooney or / and Howden - centers - would be "lesser evil" choices for me.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm surprised there is still as much of a push for Eichel as there is.

I get the pros and the insulation if/when Zibanejad leaves or is traded but it really feels like Rick Nash all over again, except we'd be trading for a guy who has a pretty significant injury history rather than one who develops one after we get him. If you're worried about committing dollars to Mika because of his injury history, Eichel should scare the crap out of you. He averaged 12 games missed per a season BEFORE this year.

Also, if we're looking strictly at production..

Mika is performing at a 64 point pace over 82 this year. This is a down year for Mika
Strome is performing at a 74 point pace over 82
Chytil is perforing at a 46 point pace over 82.

Thats is more than enough. We have bigger holes to fill and if you want to upgrade the C position, we can do just fine with a player who is a lesser name than Eichel.
I also dont like the idea of bringing in "another star" and possibly outshining Panarin and Zibby. Then what? Those guys feel like they can look to Eichel and slack off? I dunno.
There IS a thing called "too much", just look at what Toronto had to deal with. We already have Panarin, Trouba, Kreider at mucho money, and more coming soon. (Zibby, Buch, etc.)

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Nils is seasoned at this point. I'd expect him to make a seamless transition

Robertson is the aggressive/long shot. But I think he comes into camp, similar to KAM and impresses.

Yeah I mean, I'd love for that to be the case but as an organization you cant just assume that.

They need to prepare as if both Nils and Robertson will need time in the A.

But again, what do we think the odds that both will be in the organization come next October are?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yeah I mean, I'd love for that to be the case but as an organization you cant just assume that.

But again, what do we think the odds that both will be in the organization come next October are?

the options next year is so deep but yes some kids need AHL time which isn’t a bad thing. They all need to play

Lindgren , Fox
Jones, Trouba
Miller , Lundkvist
Robertson , Schneider
Hajek spares
Reuananen an option
Maybe resign Smith cheap
Bitetto also still around

a trade is possible

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm surprised there is still as much of a push for Eichel as there is.

I get the pros and the insulation if/when Zibanejad leaves or is traded but it really feels like Rick Nash all over again, except we'd be trading for a guy who has a pretty significant injury history rather than one who develops one after we get him. If you're worried about committing dollars to Mika because of his injury history, Eichel should scare the crap out of you. He averaged 12 games missed per a season BEFORE this year.

Also, if we're looking strictly at production..

Mika is performing at a 64 point pace over 82 this year. This is a down year for Mika
Strome is performing at a 74 point pace over 82
Chytil is perforing at a 46 point pace over 82.

Thats is more than enough. We have bigger holes to fill and if you want to upgrade the C position, we can do just fine with a player who is a lesser name than Eichel.
Honestly if I'm making a move on Eichel it's for him to replace Zibanejad, not Strome although it is dependent on what Mika is looking for on his next deal.

If Mika is looking for a 8+ AAV then I'd rather have Eichel at 10m for his 25-29 seasons than Mika at 8-9m for his 30-36 seasons.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
the options next year is so deep but yes some kids need AHL time which isn’t a bad thing. They all need to play

Lindgren , Fox
Jones, Trouba
Miller , Lundkvist
Robertson , Schneider
Hajek spares
Reuananen an option
Maybe resign Smith cheap
Bitetto also still around

a trade is possible

Right, and at this point I'd put the odds that all of Nils/Robertson/Schneider are NYR property come October is pretty low.

Reactions: Vitto79

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Are you suggesting "addition by subtraction?" If yeah, haha.
I dont think anyone can figure out Taylor. Maybe he, even cannot. He's been on crappy teams, with incredible talent, and had good seasons. Was outstanding in a Devils uni, only to go to Buffalo where he bombed.
Is it lack of self motivation? Unhappiness? The players surrounding him, the losing?
Could get to anyone, but still.....don't you have to do your best?
Have a feeling if the Rangers had gotten him, he would do well.
Probably do really well with the Bruins, unfortunately.

no i was saying why he doesn't have to quarantine before joining his new team.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don’t think Robertson is above Jones or Nils in line. Not sure he’s above Schneider either, but maybe.

well being ready sooner isn't the same as being ranked above them...robertson is 6'4 210. so it wouldn't be a shocker if he made the team next year because he is more physically mature at a young age. but that doesn't mean he will remain ahead of them long term...

ultimately when it comes to the future blueline, I think it will have more to do with fit and chemistry to make the best blueline then who is the best 3 on each side...lots of options and all exciting

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Regarding Eichel, it would be exciting but costly. I’m willing to pay a pretty hefty cost, but it depends on what that is. There’s deals I’d do and deals I wouldn’t. But he’s not the ideal center I’d want for this team. He’s definitely the best center who we reasonably know is available, but I would rather have Lindholm, Barkov, O’Reilly, Dvorak, Kotkaniemi, Hischier, Couturier. Not that these guys are realistic or available, but someone more in that vein. Some of those guys are stars but they don’t have that JACK EICHEL gravitas (that’s only partially earned/warranted) but they do bring a more well rounded game.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Schneider is already the better player and more NHL ready than Robertson. I think we’ll see him up before Robertson, even if it means playing on his offside. Reunanen seems like the more likely partner to Lundkvist if Jones is dealt.
Who's playing their off side?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lundkvist gets traded, Robertson and Jones both start in the A next year along with Schneider, 3rd pair is Hajek+some bargain bin UFA.
I dont think we need to move Lundkvist anymore. If I had to choose I'd move Jones. He could be a piece in a package to return a center.... or Kravtsov makes the jump and shows he belongs

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Hasn't it been rumored that Eichel is not exactly a character guy and maybe not the best person to build around? I remember it being chatted about but can't remember when. If this is true, no thanks. As we have seen with TonyD, talent doesn't overcome divisiveness.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
well being ready sooner isn't the same as being ranked above them...robertson is 6'4 210. so it wouldn't be a shocker if he made the team next year because he is more physically mature at a young age. but that doesn't mean he will remain ahead of them long term...

ultimately when it comes to the future blueline, I think it will have more to do with fit and chemistry to make the best blueline then who is the best 3 on each side...lots of options and all exciting
It’s admittedly very subjective snd based on limited viewing but I personally don’t think Robertson is as good a prospect as the others. All of these guys aren’t going to hit in all likelihood, I’m just least confident in him of that bunch.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I'd be shocked if Lundkvist is not on the starting roster

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I dont think we need to move Lundkvist anymore. If I had to choose I'd move Jones. He could be a piece in a package to return a center.... or Kravtsov makes the jump and shows he belongs
Imo Lundkvist has a very different offensive skillset than the others and have proven its effectiveness at a way higher level. Fox is the only current player in the organization that can put up points from the backend in a way similar to Lundkvist hopefully can. He’s one to keep if for no other reason than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig