Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVIII: 3-2-1 TDL almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Taking Merkley involves spending resources on him and if the Devils waived him, he sucks. If he was a former 5th round pick no one would care one iota.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Smith and PDG go for 5th & 6th rounders respectively.

I think Gauthier gets moved as well.

Rooney should but they’re going to keep him for the “run.”

I can’t see them doing much beyond that though. Big moves will be coming this summer though. Hopefully along with Other changes.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

I can’t see them doing much beyond that though. Big moves will be coming this summer though. Hopefully along with Other changes.
I need a 2nd to move Goat. I mean I wouldn’t say no to Lundell & 1st for Buch but I agree, big moves around the draft.

At least no “self rentals” a la Fast this year.

Reactions: egelband

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
smith and pdg/blackwell will probably be moved.

nothing big happening this year unless someone comes crashing the door in for buch...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Probably sellers.

The only untouchable/wouldn’t even pick up the phone for on the team should be Fox though

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
One of PDG/Howden/Goat will go, outside of that I don't except anything. I think Smith stays.

I wonder if a team out there would have interest in Rooney.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Blackwell might have some value, he's scored a bunch, and if we want to protect Gauthier instead that's a good deal. I think every playoff team has enough PDG-type forwards unless there's been a ton of injuries somewhere. Smith is a possibility the same way we moved Adam McQuaid

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I need a 2nd to move Goat. I mean I wouldn’t say no to Lundell & 1st for Buch but I agree, big moves around the draft.

At least no “self rentals” a la Fast this year.
More so in the offseason but I would love to add a Jarnkrok or a Lowry for the 4Th line. It’s most likely not on the list of must have but I really think a guy like that would have a tremendous influence on in game scenarios and in the room. As far as the deadline I see one of PDG Gauthier or blackwell traded. Least likely Blackwell unless they get a offer that’s too good to pass up

Reactions: leetch99 and Cag29

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
1. Smith at 50% and a 7th goes for a late 4th
2. Someone will overpay for Blackwell even though he’s a mouth breather
3. PDG doesn’t have any asset value that a contending team doesn’t already have on their taxi squad
4. I’d like to see what we can get for Goat but if we trade him and Blackwell and protect Howden then Rooney is our only exposed compliant F for ED and believe we need 2 unless we get back some dummy. I want to avoid losing Goat for nothing.
5. Buch and Strome go nowhere and we evaluate during off-season
6. Georgiev’s days are numbered (we can’t have a back up making 2.4 mil going into 2023) but his value is at an all time low. He stays unless someone sees him as a future 1b and bids accordingly
7. ADA stays put as we’re not retaining enough (I’d retain just about anything to get that 2023 883k hit off the books)

Reactions: Michal

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
The Rangers have the best forward & defenseman duo since Messier/Leetch, in Panarin/Fox. They’ve got to find a way to build a contender around them.
And the irony is they both would have been on the team even without the rebuild.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Why would you want to move Rooney? What is wrong with him as 4C?

As to your Other changes, think that you will be severely disappointed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why would you want to move Rooney? What is wrong with him as 4C?

As to your Other changes, think that you will be severely disappointed.

he’s a UFA to be and we aren’t making a run.
Why hold him? If you want him back you can sign him again this summer.

as for those other changes, they’re going to happen eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
he’s a UFA to be and we aren’t making a run.
Why hold him? If you want him back you can sign him again this summer.

as for those other changes, they’re going to happen eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Rooney and Blackwell have one more year

maybe traded next season. Either way, I wouldn't mind if Barron got a look.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Do you ride Shesty in the back to back? would be nice if he could get an easy 17 save shutout tomorrow

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I kinda feel for Goat, good guy most likely. I thought it was a good asset management trade at the time but no room for him. Laf fell into our laps, Kratvsov turned it around, and Barron is already the superior player. If we protect prodigal Howden then we’ll lose him for nothing in ED which is a 1st world problem I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad