Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVIII: 3-2-1 TDL almost here!

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BBKers, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leetch99 Leetch66 Joined 2007

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Leetch66/Before I lost Password/Email Addy
    Will Panthers be able to afford him ? They have the Stralman and Yandle deals and of course the Bob deal . Huberdeau will also be looking for a big new deal at some point . Can they afford them both ? Maybe we should target Huberdeau as a trade piece before that time comes of him reaching UFA status since he is signed for 2-3 more seasons ...assuming he still even plays the C position ? Not sure what we need for that trade...I am assuming a center Strome/Chytil and likely a Dman Lundkvist /Jones and +2021 first rounder or 2022 .

2. Avery16 Shake my hand, fatso

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Rapscallion

Loki Dog 74 likes this.
  3. Leetch3 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    florida will have tons of space...they have almost no one besides bob and ekblad signed past 21-22...and no one but those 2 are signed for 22-23. obviously they can ruin that with some dumb decisions until then but they are setup nicely to be able to afford the big extensions for huberdeau and barkov

leetch99 likes this.
  4. Avery16 Shake my hand, fatso

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000

Buffalo gettin f***ed

5. Calad Section 422

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I have this strange feeling that you didnt even read what i wrote. Bobrovsky's contract is bonus laden, meaning its buyout proof. A buyout would reduce the cap# from 10m to 6-7m depending on the year. Well aware that Knight is waiting in the wings as he just signed, as well as Lundell and Denisenko over in europe. They dont have depth beyond that, and a lot of their great value contracts will be up in the next 2 years.

and? Whats your point? If the player is available the Rangers should pursue him because he fits like a glove, simple as that.

Oh yeah? Is that right? Do tell. It must be a wild coincidence how so many hockey players with bonus laden contracts have residences in Florida and other tax haven states.

Rangers are projected to have $50 million in free cap space in the 2022 off season, obviously this doesnt include any extensions signed this offseason, but if Barkov is a target for the team in any way they will have 0 problem affording him. If you need a direct apples to apples, Strome and Zibanejad's contract expire next off season and together they free up 10 million. Buchnevich next contract will be somewhere around 6million per and that can be moved as well to free up space.

Do you have anything of actual substance to add to this conversation aside from your very strong feelings that Barkov won't leave florida?

6. White Death 24 former: x beukeboom x

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I do the little things.
    Depends where Laine lands. I read they are brochacho's.

If he lands with a desirable contender and there is cap and a need, you can't rule that team out on getting Barky too. The silver lining with that is, Laine is a UFA 1 season before Barky so those variables can be accounted for in any decision to chase or not chase Barky before he hit's the market. You have That summer and TDL if you want to go the trade route, or gamble he walks and you make your pitch.

7. rangers1314 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    His next game is played in NYR jersey

Reway10 likes this.
  8. Uninstaaled Nolan Ryan Takes the Penalty - Sam Rosen Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Motor City Meltdown
    Dude needs neck surgery, 90% of the teams cant afford him and Buffalo is going to get 4 first round assets for him?

Good luck with that Kevyn.

9. Peltz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I doubt it.

10. True Blue Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    Where are they in the standings? What in your astute analysis tells you that they will not stay that way for the future? They are about to have a ton of cap room for any kind of signing.
    My point is you need to explain how you are planning on affording him and resigning him as well.
    Who cares where they have residences? They still need to pay NY taxes.
    /QUOTE]Rangers are projected to have $50 million in free cap space in the 2022 off season, obviously this doesnt include any extensions signed this offseason, but if Barkov is a target for the team in any way they will have 0 problem affording him. If you need a direct apples to apples, Strome and Zibanejad's contract expire next off season and together they free up 10 million. Buchnevich next contract will be somewhere around 6million per and that can be moved as well to free up space.[/QUOTE]
    So there is no Strome, Buchnevich or Zibanejad. Who are your other centers? How much of the cash have you allocated for Fox an Lindgren? How much is for Kakko? How much is for Shesterkin?
    Do you have anything of actual substance to add to this conversation aside from believing that wiggling your nose will simply get anything done?

11. bubba5 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Not sure I want to send a ton of assets to Buffalo for a guy coming off neck surgery and who has not been able to lift his teams play in his whole career. Why should we bid against ourselves.

12. cheech70 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Sales
    I don't think we have to rush and have our 1C by this fall. Lets roll with what we have. Lets get some experience under our belt and be ready to pounce should a 1C be available.

LannyMcdonald and leetch99 like this.
  13. Calad Section 422

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yup, you're actually insufferable. Take care bud

14. jay from jersey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    If you go this route your looking at Zibby at 9-10 mill until he’s 35. And strome in the 6-7 range for maybe 5 years? That’s a whole lot of coin. I really don’t think it’s the best course of action. If either player takes a nose dive they become that much harder to move. I think a team like Vegas or CBJ would love to add Zib this offseason though. I like Zibby a lot not. I don’t like him at 30plus years old making the same coin as Eichel

15. jay from jersey Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    CBJ will need to make a move to try to keep Laine, Jones, and Werenski happy. Vegas also needs a 1 C and both are in win now mode territory. What they deal for Zibby, I don’t know for sure. But if it’s solid assets like Krebs/ Glass plus 1st for Zibby with extension ?? Something a lot those lines I think you have to take the deal

16. leetch99 Leetch66 Joined 2007

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Leetch66/Before I lost Password/Email Addy
    Fully agree....allow for next season...keep an eye out for a couple of glue guys that can actually play a regular shift and make life miserable for our opponents on a regular basis like the Fishsticks have in their bottom six. Would like an Ian Laperriere clone for the bottom 6 . I know....that's a huge want....If we had a couple that had Laperriere's heart...we would be off to the races .

17. HatTrick Swayze Just Be Nice Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Can we please close this thread

Avery16 and LannyMcdonald like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.