Howden is the only only F that should go for sure

Strome would be balzy so doubt it

Georgiev value is down so also doubt it but maybe

Tony D..... what a waste of an asset

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
We were so spoiled having Lundqvist for so long.

It's a moot point, given his heart condition, but it amazes me still how many people were talking about buying him out/putting him out to pasture and us having two "starters" with a combined 89 NHL games.

I was all for trading Georgiev and letting Lundqvist finish his tenure here. Now, you couldn't give Georgiev away. I hope the guy finds his game but those long distance goals are unsettling. If you're losing starts to Kinkaid...

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
It's a moot point, given his heart condition, but it amazes me still how many people were talking about buying him out/putting him out to pasture and us having two "starters" with a combined 89 NHL games.

I was all for trading Georgiev and letting Lundqvist finish his tenure here. Now, you couldn't give Georgiev away. I hope the guy finds his game but those long distance goals are unsettling. If you're losing starts to Kinkaid...

Wonder if the incident with DeAngelo has shaken Georgiev?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Just want Quinn gone. These non-existent efforts cant go on any longer. Its truly embarrassing. We are the joke of the league.

There is enough talent on this roster to have better outputs than what we are seeing, to be in games. To not constantly be chasing. The team never comes out firing on all cylinders. The very few times they do, the minute they face a little adversity they crumble. Forget any 60 minute efforts, thats unicorn shit for this team.

Its all a reflection of the coach.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wonder if the incident with DeAngelo has shaken Georgiev?

I think it have, and I think the atmosphere in the locker-room -- the general mood -- is pretty poor. This is one of the big challenges you face as a rebuilding team. Time after time the players will really gather all the force they can to take the next step -- and fail at it. That leaves its marks.

Reactions: romba

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Wall isn’t being moved up b/c of his age right? At 23 if he comes up he might be taken in the expansion right? Or are my years off?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Have we fired Quinn yet? The team is in Boston, it would be convenient. We could just leave him there.

To be honest, I am kind of hoping that we don't fire him now. Someone said that changes are coming. Well, as it is right now, those changes will be made by the exact same people that created the current environment and have overseen it for quite some time now. Changes will buy the same people more time.

I think changes must be made to the people that decides if Quinn should be fired or not. Too many disasters. I can of course only speak for myself, but I don't have confidence in them anymore.

This organization and its fanbase deserve someone that can do a competent job at the top and ensure we have the best possible guy for the team behind the bench and so forth. The last years have been a complete mess. A top 5 scorer that is tossed of the team in a way killing all his trade value. Kids walking out on the team left and right. The greatest things ever happening to this organization -- TWO top 2 picks in two years, unbelievable -- have horrible starts to their pro careers and we already have serious and genuine concern about their futures. And so forth and so forth.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
To be honest, I am kind of hoping that we don't fire him now. Someone said that changes are coming. Well, as it is right now, those changes will be made by the exact same people that created the current environment and have overseen it for quite some time now. Changes will buy the same people more time.

I think changes must be made to the people that decides if Quinn should be fired or not. Too many disasters. I can of course only speak for myself, but I don't have confidence in them anymore.

This organization and its fanbase deserve someone that can do a competent job at the top and ensure we have the best possible guy for the team behind the bench and so forth. The last years have been a complete mess. A top 5 scorer that is tossed of the team in a way killing all his trade value. Kids walking out on the team left and right. The greatest things ever happening to this organization -- TWO top 2 picks in two years, unbelievable -- have horrible starts to their pro careers and we already have serious and genuine concern about their futures. And so forth and so forth.

Slow it down. The last 3 years have hardly been a mess. They have massively restocked the young talent while being fun to watch and competive. It is only this season that has been a mess. Quinn was always going to be a transitional coach, his time is just expiring a little early. The team seems to be giving minimal pushback to the situation, and is making management look bad. That is usually when a coach gets fired. Gorton won't be in trouble unless the next coach he hires comes in and gets similar results.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Slow it down. The last 3 years have hardly been a mess. They have massively restocked the young talent while being fun to watch and competive. It is only this season that has been a mess. Quinn was always going to be a transitional coach, his time is just expiring a little early. The team seems to be giving minimal pushback to the situation, and is making management look bad. That is usually when a coach gets fired. Gorton won't be in trouble unless the next coach he hires comes in and gets similar results.

agree with a lot of the post and i think other do too.

Before the world ended last year, imo, the Rangers relied on a lot of these wild cross ice passes. It was pretty but we all know that doesn’t work in the playoffs when the ice gets smaller. Carolina stopped that pass and so did the Rangers opponents at the start of the season. W/o those wild cross ice passes, this offense appears non-functional. Thoughts?

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
agree with a lot of the post and i think other do too.

Before the world ended last year, imo, the Rangers relied on a lot of these wild cross ice passes. It was pretty but we all know that doesn’t work in the playoffs when the ice gets smaller. Carolina stopped that pass and so did the Rangers opponents at the start of the season. W/o those wild cross ice passes, this offense appears non-functional. Thoughts?

I think to some degree management realizes that. They certainly speak to it and we seemed to draft guys with snarl this year. I think part of the problem is that with the flat cap the trade market is complicated, they might have planned to address it already but haven't been able to. The hope is that Lafreniere, Gauthier, Kreider, and Kakko can add that playoff gritty goal ability that they lack. But I think part of the problem is Quinn. I don't really know what we are trying to accomplish offensively other than the cross ice pass, so that seems to be our system, which is decidedly easy for competent teams to shut down unless Panarin and Zibby are having career years.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Wall isn’t being moved up b/c of his age right? At 23 if he comes up he might be taken in the expansion right? Or are my years off?

he's not being called up because he isn't ready...he was straight up awful in his first 2 starts in hartford. better in his last...

but it has nothing to do with expansion rights...players are exempt based on when they contracts started regardless of what league they are playing in.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So, there’s obvious holes on the roster, forward depth, heart, etc. and as such there’s smaller moves like adding Sam Bennett that I’d like to see, but we’ve reached a point where I wouldn’t even discuss any significant trades or roster changes until Quinn is long gone and we can see this group under different management.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Pretty short memories, lots of hot takes. FWIW, this team was working its ass off only one week ago, granted against lesser opposition. Why that's not been the case this week is a legit question, and the coaching staff needs to be accountable as do the team "leaders". Maybe season-long inconsistent effort is enough reason to consider coaching change... but to say the squad has quit on the coach is kind of ludicrous. The lack of productivity from recent high draft picks is also concerning as hell, and again you can look to the coaching staff there. But they are getting significant ice time with our strongest veterans, so you can't go there with it.

This year has been insanely marred with unexpected events and interruptions. Much as my stomach is turning watching performances like last night's, I think it's going to be necessary to give all concerned a bye for this "season" and to start the next with all concerned understanding that they are on the shortest of leashes.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Reway10

Feb 24, 2020
Slovakia
Pretty short memories, lots of hot takes. FWIW, this team was working its ass off only one week ago, granted against lesser opposition. Why that's not been the case this week is a legit question, and the coaching staff needs to be accountable as do the team "leaders". Maybe season-long inconsistent effort is enough reason to consider coaching change... but to say the squad has quit on the coach is kind of ludicrous. The lack of productivity from recent high draft picks is also concerning as hell, and again you can look to the coaching staff there. But they are getting significant ice time with our strongest veterans, so you can't go there with it.

This year has been insanely marred with unexpected events and interruptions. Much as my stomach is turning watching performances like last night's, I think it's going to be necessary to give all concerned a bye for this "season" and to start the next with all concerned understanding that they are on the shortest of leashes.

there is no way Quinn is the coach when the next season starts

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This team REALLY misses 2019 ADA on the ice . He was a 4th forward, literally and figuratively. A LOT of offense sprung off his stick, our 2nd best passer. He was a key aspect and reason for our success imo. That can't be swept under the rug. I really hope Lundkvist can provide something similar.

I'd love and prefer to have Fox, Lundkvist and Schneider down the right side long term.. As much as I understand Troubas role on this team, I pray there's a compliance buyout given to teams. Hopefully the league and players can come to an agreement on something like that because the cap is going to create a lot of problems. The other option, is to have someone play the left side, I don't know how practical that is.

We need to put greater value on our puck moving defenseman. I like Trouba for what he is, hate the terms though. At this point, trading Lundkvist, arguably one of our best defensive prospects ever, may come back and bite us in the ass.

We also really need better defensive centers. Zibanejad can't be the only option. Why I also am against Eichel.

Last edited:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I know these are big words but here we go. This season is a complete 180 compared to the last one. Martin has done solid job and our play in the d-zone is miles better than what it was under Ruff.
Now what we’re struggling with is that you got to be able to turn that ”good” defense into good offense. Quinn deff likes to play hockey where you control the puck but it just doesn’t work the way it’s being played rn.
Teams like Penguins and Bruins like to forecheck hard, 3 guys coming straight at you. Our D ends up either A) doing a D to D pass and then pass it up or just chipping it out. Then one of the wings just end up dumbing it in (without chasing).
I would also like our D to pressure a bit more in the O-zone. The cycle seems to have no structure.
You’re telling me.

kidding aside this is a correct assessment.

Reactions: AlaBlueShirt

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So, there’s obvious holes on the roster, forward depth, heart, etc. and as such there’s smaller moves like adding Sam Bennett that I’d like to see, but we’ve reached a point where I wouldn’t even discuss any significant trades or roster changes until Quinn is long gone and we can see this group under different management.

wheres Bennett gonna play ? Would he not be exposed in expansion too?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think the Bennett shipped has sailed with Sutter in town. Bennett and his line were probably the best line last night against montreal scoring both goals for his team. Almost 14 minutes of ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad