Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXV: Sell some now, buy some later

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They mis-evaluated what they had in Georgiev.

I was skeptical of him. They were dead wrong.
For as bad as Georgiev has been... something is clearly wrong with him.

He's been inconsistent but he's never been this bad... or my memory is failing me

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
If the Rangers are going to trade for Eichel, then they have to do an A+ job on self scouting. Who are the wingers included in that deal? Who are the defensemen?

The last 40% of this season with Kravtsov is going to be really important.

Reactions: Reway10

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We were so spoiled having Lundqvist for so long.
Shesty will be amazing. Just has to stay in the lineup. Georgiev is ECHL level compared to Georgie. This coach actually thought they were on similar levels as displayed by starting him over Shesty earlier in the season against NJ.
I am confident of two things. Fox is the real deal and Shesty will be too.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You would think with a development coach I don’t know, you’d see some DEVELOPMENT.

It’s incredible that they are actually getting worse.
Totally. I'm sure we could all deal with some inconsistency but at this point we aren't even seeing that many true glimpses of what these kids were purported to do.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Good point which I skimmed over. Damn shame we can't get rid of this f***ing guy. Maybe hell get tired of this place
Probably not. Gonna collect 8.5 and enjoy the country club lifestyle. And not get much flack for it.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I said it last year, and it turned out to be accurate and I'll say it again, i wouldn't expect giant roster moves, we might change some lesser players but I still believe we are building through the draft and not going big game hunting at this point.

Reactions: Vitto79 and Ola

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

you probably don’t want a coach that professionals actively wonder whether he wants to get fired. That seems like a bad business model.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Development coach isnt a thing. That's just a name they give to a coach that isnt very good.

And it’s so bloody easy to sell NY media on these things.

If you would have asked anyone three years ago what a development coach was, they would have talked along the lines of how it was a coach who let the kids play and learn by their mistakes and how it was a coach that wasn’t too focused on the defensive side of things (because (a) that is what kids generally need to improve and vets are better at and (b) there is a notion that kids will develop their offensive game better in an offensive environment, cf like a super defensive coach would never get the epithet “development coach”).

I’ve not read a word in media discussing if our approach developing the kids is the best. Had someone like AV still been here, nothing else would have been discussed. But just because we add someone with the label “development coach” — it’s a complete get out of jail card.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
I know these are big words but here we go. This season is a complete 180 compared to the last one. Martin has done solid job and our play in the d-zone is miles better than what it was under Ruff.
Now what we’re struggling with is that you got to be able to turn that ”good” defense into good offense. Quinn deff likes to play hockey where you control the puck but it just doesn’t work the way it’s being played rn.
Teams like Penguins and Bruins like to forecheck hard, 3 guys coming straight at you. Our D ends up either A) doing a D to D pass and then pass it up or just chipping it out. Then one of the wings just end up dumbing it in (without chasing).
I would also like our D to pressure a bit more in the O-zone. The cycle seems to have no structure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad