Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Breadd - Zib - Buchnevich
Kreider - Strome - Kravtsov
Laf - Chytil Kakko

For me, it's just that fourth line that's suspect. Lemmy, Howden, Gauthier, Blackwell (should be more top-9), Rooney...

Originally I was thinking Lemmy should be protected for expansions. Now I feel like there's no point in bothering.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
IIRC, Brady Skjei had 39 points as a rookie, not...3 points.

while there is no doubt his best offensive season was his rookie season, IIRC, he was very sheltered that season (playing mainly with Klein?) based on quality of competition and ozone starts. McDonagh, Holden, Giradi, Staal and Smith (after coming over) took the tough assignments. He also was getting some PP time and didn't kill penalties.

In Carolina, he's not used like that at all. He's facing the toughest competition paired with Pesce in terms of quality of competition and ozone starts. He gets no PP time at all and he and Pesce lead the team in SH TOI/GP. He's being used in a totally different role than his rookie season in NY.

Canes aren't a great ES scoring team as they are bottom half of the NHL right now so. They are making their living off the PP right now and off of keeping the other team's shots and goals down. Still, 3 points is pretty anemic, but overall so to me, he's been a bit disappointing offensively, but better than I expected on the rest of his game. His play has allowed Pesce to be more aggressive offensively vs. when Pesce had to play with Gardiner.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Breadd - Zib - Buchnevich
Kreider - Strome - Kravtsov
Laf - Chytil Kakko

For me, it's just that fourth line that's suspect. Lemmy, Howden, Gauthier, Blackwell (should be more top-9), Rooney...

Originally I was thinking Lemmy should be protected for expansions. Now I feel like there's no point in bothering.
I want Lemieux to be protected but I want him to stop playing a neutered game. And leave him on 4th line and let him do his thing. Stop the shuffling for god sakes. I also want Barron to Make 4th RW. Then go out and sign a guy like Lowry or trade for Bennett. Both good on face offs, both play with snarl. It would also insulate the third line in case of injury both those guys would have no problem moving up for a couple of games. Those are the kind of impact 4th line C I’m talking about

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Despite the highs and lows that are expected from a team as young as this, the Rangers' defense this year has been better than any other that's been iced since the 13-14 season, and it should only get better as guys like Fox and Miller continue to grow into their dynamic skillsets. With the infusion of high-energy supplemental players like Lindgren/Blackwell/Rooney, the Rangers actually have some depth to insulate the youth and allow more offensive guys like Strome to produce without necessarily having to slot into two-way roles they're not suited for.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Give me Barkov over Eichel

I think that’s exactly right. Much prefer Barlov - and could see it happening.

Gut feeling, for all the Eichel talk, it never happens - and I’m pleased to never see Marv in NY unless it’s Home Alone 2 at Christmas.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yea I’ve been watching. Brindy is definitely making skjei make the most of his physical tools. But he’s also putting him in a position to succeed which is half the battle. He loves Fast too. You can tell
Skjei needed the kick in the ass to force him to realize he’s not Ray Bourque.

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
I guess this might rule out a deadline trade.

The Buffalo Sabres will be without captain Jack Eichel for what coach Ralph Krueger called "the foreseeable future" in delivering yet another blow to a team in the midst of a nine-game skid.

The injury is not considered season-ending, though Krueger on Saturday was unable to provide a fixed timetable on how much time Eichel will miss.

"An injury of this nature needs more assessment and more time to understand it," he said. "We just know that it will be some time here from shorter all the way to what you've already mentioned [season-ending], but it's somewhere in between that."

Sabres coach: Eichel out for 'foreseeable future'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad