Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIII: Smell a smaller trade incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
On the lack of leadership, Kreider is a bit too humble for his own good, which is great for very young players and press conferences. Unfortunately, he never had a balls-out mentor. Richards? Nash? That's why they're a headless chicken--several are brilliant in describing problems, suggesting solutions, but not taking the bull by the horns... is this starting to look like beastiality erotica? Zibanejad let it go to his head and looks sulky now.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
9 pts behind the Islanders with 2 game in hand.

If we don't start winning now, we're in the lottery. ( I know, that's 200iq observation ) The hill is getting too steep to climb.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
On the lack of leadership, Kreider is a bit too humble for his own good, which is great for very young players and press conferences. Unfortunately, he never had a balls-out mentor. Richards? Nash? That's why they're a headless chicken--several are brilliant in describing problems, suggesting solutions, but not taking the bull by the horns... is this starting to look like beastiality erotica? Zibanejad let it go to his head and looks sulky now.

Hi, im here for the Beastiality erotica class. :naughty:

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I do not think there is a deal to be had without Chytil.
I don't think we should make a deal until we have SEEN what Chytil would have been capable of when fully healthy . I think this should be entertained maybe ONCE we know what we have in Chytil and what Zibs might be like in a month if he gets healthy again .

Somebody mentioned 3 quality C's...I'm up for that for now as we will have some GREAT wingers that in less than two seasons likely will make many a Center look great . Don't rip things apart just yet...add a couple of PITA types into our mix and let our guys get healthy and see what happens .

There are more guys then Bennett out there that can be had for cheaper return....MacEwen in Vancouver is one I know of . Maybe all we need is one more guy for now....and then have a look over the Summer for another if it is determined we need more . Just a tweak for now ! We also need Kreider and Gauthier to be more involved physically more often....if Gauthier won't....ship him out . Nothing we can do with CK now....some nights he will...many nights he won't .

Reactions: Lion Hound

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd go the route we've been going tbh... Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome ... Bennett fits that mold.

I know they have been kicking tires on Bennett but who knows what CGY wants. If they want us to retain on ADA, get it done but it seems like they are about to blow it up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Guys who have been traded or rumored to be traded over the last few years who would have been a nice fit here as far as those support level-centers off the top of my head:
Charlie Coyle
Kevin Hayes
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Vincent Trochek
JG Pageau
PLD
Sean Monahan
Elias Lindholm
Nick Schmaltz

Maybe:
Clayton Keller
Christian Dvorak

As far as UFA's this year or next who MAY be able to help:
Carl Soderberg
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Philip Danault
Boone Jenner
Vincent Trochek
Aleksander Barkov
Thomas Hertl

I wonder if Nashville would retain a good portion of Duchene or Johansen's contracts...

Reactions: RGY and Tob

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Wonder what it would take to pry Barrett Hayton from the Yotes.

He was sent down to the AHL.

Fits the timeline of the team.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If there is a deal to be made for Eichel without sending Chytil the other way then I am all ears, but I don’t see it happening.
Yea you want to send Laf or Kakko instead? Cause I sure don't. But Buffalo would be insnae not to demand one of those 2 if they are sending him to us.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021

Just who we want to be linemates. Filip Chytil and ... Kevin Rooney

Quinn just latches onto some guys. Rooney is a serviceable 4th line center; nothing more. Third line wing? No. However, having him there as the second center on the line for draws has some validity.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If there is a deal to be made for Eichel without sending Chytil the other way then I am all ears, but I don’t see it happening.
I like Chytil but i'm not making him untouchable for Eichel lol.

It does cause us problems though because getting Eichel makes it nearly impossible to keep Zibanejad unless he continues to regress so hard that we can extend him for cheap. If we had just drafted Lapierre instead of Schneider (or just drafted some decent centers at all) we wouldn't have this problem

Reactions: DutchShamrock

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Rooney is on that line to help Fil take faceoffs. It’s not an ideal situation, but I don’t think it’ll be one that’s long-term. Plus, Rooney has been really good at forechecking and should help with puck retrievals on that line. I’m happy Gauthier’s getting the bump to 3RW too.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Wonder what it would take to pry Barrett Hayton from the Yotes.

He was sent down to the AHL.

Fits the timeline of the team.
I brought this up a couple weeks ago and was shot down pretty hard, Bob also said he has no info on the yotes looking to move him at all.

His AHL assignment probably has a lot to do with just getting the kid minutes as he's been playing 8-12mins a game when he actually dresses. He hasn't really been slotted much in a position to play to his strengths.

Reactions: SRHRangers

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What we’re learning though is that you need 3 legit centers. You don’t need 3 star centers but you desperately need 3 and we don’t have a guy that can replace Chytil in the entire system if he goes the other way. Howden had a chance I was hoping he could show it and he has fallen on his face as far as I’m concerned.

To me you need a cost effective third option and Chytil is that with the ability to move up the lineup.

I’m not trading him.

For me the offer would be Strome lundkvist and our first round pick. And if it was a make or break I’d include kravtsov. But that’s a huge offer and one I don’t think the Rangers are willing to make
I would do that deal fast if I'm JD. I like what I hear about Lundkvist but its basically Strome and 3 maybes for what should be a sure thing #1 center if healthy. Now if the NYR are Eichel-Zib-Chytil-Howdon down the middle you have turned your weakness in to a strength. None of those pieces mentioned are expected to touch Eichels ceiling. Done deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's more than likely that the Chytil line may match the minutes of the '4th' line tonight anyways. Chytil's first game back and he isn't 100%, so playing Rooney on his wing doesn't upset me at all. We're overthinking this...

Reactions: DutchShamrock

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Salary needs to match, in a hypothetical Eichel trade.

Strome and Buch
Strome and ADA
ADA and Buch

In that scenario, ADA and Buch is the only one that makes sense, since you're not giving up 2 of your top9 centers.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
"Interspecies Erotica F*ckhead"

God I love the Clerks movies.

August 1994... after stumbling around Woodstock all day. Tired, drunk, and high as a kite I scored a pizza. My buddy, his girl and I walked toward the South Stage. The music was over for the day. It was late, like 2am or something. What was earlier a jammed packed area, was now just more of a walkway from people still exploring. We sat down right in front of the stage to feast on a cardboard pizza. The screens light up, and the movie Clerks was shown. It was mesmerizing. I sat there and watched the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad