Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I think the team cirlces back to Monty. He had a solid enough showing in Dallas.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I think the team cirlces back to Monty. He had a solid enough showing in Dallas.
If you’re talking about Montgomery, carp pointed out this week that he wanted no part of ny because he didn’t think whoever did the rebuild would be allowed to stick with the team. And he was right

Reactions: NYRangers16

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If you’re talking about Montgomery, carp pointed out this week that he wanted no part of ny because he didn’t think whoever did the rebuild would be allowed to stick with the team. And he was right

The more substantial reason is what we saw in action. Monty won with a contending team and made a name for himself despite the alcoholism. Quinn for all the efforts he's made with a rebuilding team looks completely out of his depth and will struggle to get another head coaching gig without paying his dues as an assistant.

Even if what Carp said is true, we're not rebuilding anymore and we have just as much top end talent as Dallas did. We're in a win now mode now.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The main Rangers factor in Chris Drury's David Quinn decision

Brooks thinks DQ is a goner.

drops the usual names plus Roy as guys to look for.
Besides uncle Larry’s “sources” he reads these boards avidly. And contrary to popular. Belief, beyond the constant razzing and infighting with some posters there is great hockey discussions that go on in here. Particularly on the rangers board. I come away impressed by the knowledge of others on here all the time. So smart people post here. Larry babes knows what time it is... DQ era coming to a close

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Yeah, agreed. I do wonder why that’s the line on him. Is it possible assistants set up that structure?

He was using his crazy wingspan very effectively for the first half of the season. I think he hit the wall some college players do.

Agreed. He used his long reach to bring up plays but as you point seemed to hit a wall later in this season.

Reactions: Tob

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yea but that was 3 years ago. A lot of the reservations Monty had are answered by now. We’re are in a different period. A majority off the talent is young and established or upcoming. More so now about fine tuning an almost finished product and installing a winning culture and system to get the most out of the guys on the ice and build cohesion.
You have a 1 Norris caliber D
Top end goalie
Perhaps the best stable of wing prospects in the league
Young competitive D
Panarin
All the rangers really need IMO is 2-3 more abrasive players and what to do on the center ice position long term.
I think in house Robertson and Schneider are both big kids that play with an edge, sign goodrow, 1 to 2 more trades and this team could be a force for a long time

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers16 and Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Agreed. He used his long reach to bring up plays but as you point seemed to hit a wall later in this season.

He looked like he was struggling to stay engaged mentally as well. Trouba was really good for him I think on and off the ice. It all came unraveled right around when Trouba went down. We kinda did make the same mistake Edmonton made with a McDonald's play place with no adults to supervise. I'm glad Laffy got better as the season went on though. One of the only U23 to do that on the team.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Pretty positive this was his feelings 3 years ago when both him and Quinn were up for the job, not a current opinion from Montgomery.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pretty positive this was his feelings 3 years ago when both him and Quinn were up for the job, not a current opinion from Montgomery.

When he pulled his name from the hat for the Ranger position everyone and their mother reported that he wanted to go somewhere where he could compete sooner than he would if he came here.

Someone is trying to play revisionists history here, if it isn't Carp himself.

Reactions: Tob and NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad