Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kasparaitis wow. I remember that summer when free agency started. I was taking summer classes at college but running to the computer lab in between classes to check to see who was getting signed.
Summer of Bobby Holik. What a time.

Reactions: Crease

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Maybe, but then again, we also dealt Brassard for Zibanejad and Gomez for McDonagh. Deals are out there to be found sometimes.

Sure, obviously I’d give it a shot but C’s are at a premium as are young players in general. If they can swing a top line center in that mold then I’m in for sure. Otherwise a guy in that Kadri mold was probably best case...

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I have a strange feeling that wouldn't work for Nashville.
They did just bring in Duchene; Granlund as their 3rd line C currently - not sure what kind of deal it would need to look like but maybe something could be figured out.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Granund also has not played center in like 4 years. And his offensive breakout corresponded with him being moved to the wing.

Granlund is an extremely important player for NSH this year and likely playing on the wing with Duchene and Smith on the second line.
Didn't know about him shifting to wing, nvm on my previous post

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is there a Brassard for Zib trade opportunity? Or a "light" version of it? I doubt we'll get something like that now.
I think Strome could be that guy.

He produced with Names and Fast as his wingers, I would assume with mostly defensive zone starts.
63GP 18G 15A

I could see a Couturier type of progression with him.. Maybe not to that extreme but 50-60pts 2nd line center.

Reactions: egelband

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Would think that Boston would have interest in Kreider. What would we be looking for there if they called?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He produced with Names and Fast as his wingers. I could see a Couturier type of progression with him.. Maybe not to that extreme but 50-60pts 2nd line center.

I meant as a trade, but if Strome becomes a 50-60 point center that would be great. I really liked him, worked hard with good skill. One of the rare times (Brassard is another example) where a guy played his best with the Rangers.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I meant as a trade, but if Strome becomes a 50-60 point center that would be great. I really liked him, worked hard with good skill. One of the rare times (Brassard is another example) where a guy played his best with the Rangers.
Yeah, I know what you meant.. I think Gorton was looking for something similar to Zibs...

High draft pick that's been inconsistent/struggling into his early-mid 20's. Strome fits that criteria

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Didn't know about him shifting to wing, nvm on my previous post

He's been on Koivu's wing since the 16-17 season. In Nashville he mostly played on Turris' wing last year. He did play a little bit of center last year after Koivu got hurt because they didn't have anyone else to fill in.

Reactions: Alluckks

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Kasparaitis wow. I remember that summer when free agency started. I was taking summer classes at college but running to the computer lab in between classes to check to see who was getting signed.
Summer of Bobby Holik. What a time.
If you really wanna laugh some people on the main board compared the Panarin signing to the Holik signing. Talk about clueless.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Random thought: Names for Pool-party. EDM looks to tap that Stamkos Kuch production. Gets themselves a top 9 roster player for an asset they can't use. We shave some cap. Get a young ? I wouldn't even bother posting to trade boards as Oiler fans can't seem to disassociate PP's draft position from his current development status. I think our org could do a much better job developing him. Maybe we include a 5th and get Edmonton's..... 7th ;)

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

He produced with Names and Fast as his wingers, I would assume with mostly defensive zone starts.
63GP 18G 15A

I could see a Couturier type of progression with him.. Maybe not to that extreme but 50-60pts 2nd line center.

He hit 50 already with the Isles. Give him a legit linemate and he may surprise everyone.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Random thought: Names for Pool-party. EDM looks to tap that Stamkos Kuch production. Gets themselves a top 9 roster player for an asset they can't use. We shave some cap. Get a young ? I wouldn't even bother posting to trade boards as Oiler fans can't seem to disassociate PP's draft position from his current development status. I think our org could do a much better job developing him. Maybe we include a 5th and get Edmonton's..... 7th ;)

They have $3.9 m in cap space. Names puts them slightly over.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
If you really wanna laugh some people on the main board compared the Panarin signing to the Holik signing. Talk about clueless.

That doesn't surprise me and it's why I don't really read the threads about Rangers signings/trades on the main board too much. Way too many uninformed hot takes and everything is "Rags this, Rags that." Gives me a headache.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Is there a Brassard for Zib trade opportunity? Or a "light" version of it? I doubt we'll get something like that now.

I have no idea; but apparently Edmonton was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a deal of Buch+ for #8 and Pool Party. And Zegras was on the board with that pick.

I have to imagine it’s not as rare as some are making it seem.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad