Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
LW: Panarin, Chytil, Andersson, Lemieux
RW: Buchnevich, Kravstov, Kakko, Fast
C: Zibanejad, Strome, Howden

Namestnikov and Kreider more likely to be traded than others

Chytil and Andersson the most likely of our Wingers to get legit shots at Center

Kravstov and Kakko also both have played LW, granted each was better at RW if I recall

We unload quite a lot of cap in the near future too. Smith, Girardi hit, and Strome next year alone; then Staal, Shattenkirk, Lundqvist in the year after that.

Reactions: charliemurphy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think if he doesn't see opening night, it's one step back. He would be an important part of the playoff puzzle for this season, more so than Buchnevich (I think). It's very risky for both sides, but I think people are looking at this like this is Ryan Callahan again. Kreider and Callahan are not the same player.

No they aren't.

I'll take Kreider back for what Zucc signed for. Callahan I wanted no part of no matter what.

Reactions: egelband and jas

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My gut feeling definitely says that Kravy is the best fit with Ziba, both play a fairly straight forward N-S game but with a lot of high caliber attempts with the puck.

I am not 100% sure that Ziba and Panarin are the best fits, but, of course, they would play good hockey.

I would prefer to see something like this to be honest (assuming Kreider is moved):
Kravy-Ziba-Buch
Panarin-Howden-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Fast
Names-Boo-Strome

Lias starts in HFD. Spread it out a little bit. JMHO.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
My gut feeling definitely says that Kravy is the best fit with Ziba, both play a fairly straight forward N-S game but with a lot of high caliber attempts with the puck.

I am not 100% sure that Ziba and Panarin are the best fits, but, of course, they would play good hockey.

I would prefer to see something like this to be honest (assuming Kreider is moved):
Kravy-Ziba-Buch
Panarin-Howden-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Fast
Names-Boo-Strome

I hate this less than the other lines I've seen.

Lias probably makes it though.

Reactions: Ola

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Trade Kreider and Namestnikov

Panarin Zibanejad Buchnevich
Kravstov Chytil Strome
Lemieux Howden Kakko
Andersson Nieves Fast

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Kravy-Ziba-Buch
Panarin-Howden-Kakko
Lemieux-Chytil-Fast
Names-Boo-Strome

I think this is along the lines of what will happen. Both Zib and Panarin are right handed shoot first guys. Split em up.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Actually, Gaborik and Richards were fine together once Hagelin was put with them. They were two of the top five scorers in the league in the timeframe when that line was together.

That was a short timeframe and they struggled a lot before it too, they were really awful at first and had to be broken up.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
That was a short timeframe and they struggled a lot before it too, they were really awful at first and had to be broken up.

It was the last quarter of the season. And the Rangers went into the playoffs with that line as their top line.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
One center who may be available on a short term basis is Mikael Granlund. I don’t see how they have roster space for him. Perhaps a swap of Shattenkirk, with some retention, would work for both teams. He would help the penalty kill and bridge the middle until younger players are ready.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Mid-season potentially?

Panarin Zib Kakko
Andersson Chytil Kravstov
Lemieux Howden Buchnevich
xxxx Strome Fast
There is nothing Lias did last year that would justify him playing on the second line. At best he is a 4th liner unless he shows something in camp. As someone posted I think there is a good chance he starts in Hartford. You don't put him on the second line just because he was a number 1 pick. You need to earn it and he hasn't so far.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
There is nothing Lias did last year that would justify him playing on the second line. At best he is a 4th liner unless he shows something in camp. As someone posted I think there is a good chance he starts in Hartford. You don't put him on the second line just because he was a number 1 pick. You need to earn it and he hasn't so far.

You know, I think about Lias and what he'd look like with two potentially elite wingers ... the kid has never played with anyone like that ... ever ..

Reactions: charliemurphy

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
One center who may be available on a short term basis is Mikael Granlund. I don’t see how they have roster space for him. Perhaps a swap of Shattenkirk, with some retention, would work for both teams. He would help the penalty kill and bridge the middle until younger players are ready.
I have a strange feeling that wouldn't work for Nashville.

Reactions: Barnaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad